1,195 posts

Hi,
My wife now pregnant 6 weeks

My question is which one better to do "pink book" @ monthly checkup

1) Private Clinic
Pros
-fast, and this is ok since my wife working not wasting whole day waiting
Cons
-Expensive?? (can you guys confirm this?)
-Checkup not that detail as per goverment/public clinic

2) Public clinic
Pros
-Cheap
-Checkup detail
*mean doc will check my wife condition etc...etc...
Cons
-Time

You guys confirm base on what i type?
any suggestion?
tq

andrekua2
post Aug 17 2018, 08:28 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

Don't need to think.

If you plan to give birth in government hospitals, then die die also must go government clinic. Otherwise private since you can afford.
zapatistas81
post Aug 17 2018, 08:40 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(myroy @ Aug 16 2018, 10:48 PM)
Hi,
My wife now pregnant 6 weeks

My question is which one better to do "pink book" @ monthly checkup

1) Private Clinic
Pros
-fast, and this is ok since my wife working not wasting whole day waiting
Cons
-Expensive?? (can you guys confirm this?)
-Checkup not that detail as per goverment/public clinic

2) Public clinic
Pros
-Cheap
-Checkup detail
*mean doc will check my wife condition etc...etc...
Cons
-Time
You guys confirm base on what i type?
any suggestion?
tq
based on your budget actually. nowadays money talks ha ha. Based on my experience, "collectively" "we" decided that checkup series done with the designated private hospital. Normal checkup will costs you around RM80~RM100.00 per visit. Extra tests will incurred extra costs. Normally, it takes less than 1 hour to get it done, depends on number of patients during particular day. Whether detail or no detail I cant testify, almost identical I do suspect

I do believe if you got financial capabilities you should resorted to go for private. Let the lesser able rakyat enjoying the service offered by the government. Lesser traffic = Lesser time wasted + happier service thumbsup.gif
TSmyroy
post Aug 17 2018, 12:26 PM

BIG BOSS
1,195 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Aug 17 2018, 08:28 AM)
Don't need to think.

If you plan to give birth in government hospitals, then die die also must go government clinic. Otherwise private since you can afford.
QUOTE(zapatistas81 @ Aug 17 2018, 08:40 AM)
based on your budget actually. nowadays money talks ha ha. Based on my experience, "collectively" "we" decided that checkup series done with the designated private hospital. Normal checkup will costs you around RM80~RM100.00 per visit. Extra tests will incurred extra costs. Normally, it takes less than 1 hour to get it done, depends on number of patients during particular day. Whether detail or no detail I cant testify, almost identical I do suspect

I do believe if you got financial capabilities you should resorted to go for private. Let the lesser able rakyat enjoying the service offered by the government. Lesser traffic = Lesser time wasted + happier service  thumbsup.gif
OK noted tq for the reply
lowlowc
post Aug 18 2018, 09:05 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

I tried to take up the govt clinic but after 2 times I gave up. The waits are too long, more than 3 hours for whole process. I decided the time will be better to spend on getting enough rest.
Also the KKIA for my area is in the same building as general klinik kesihatan, so there's a lot of people with flu, cough, fever etc, all sitting in the same area as pregnant ladies and new born babies.
quebix
post Aug 20 2018, 03:35 PM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

ok, for me and wife, we did both.

reason?
we plan to give birth at private hospital.
but we just want the pink book from government clinic.
why? some private hospital also will use and refer the pink book.
I know mine did ask for it.
They have a book of their own, but the government is more detailed.

Also, in case any problems, any complications on the pregnancy or delivery, most private hospitals wont take you in even though u have regular checkup with them.
they dont take the risk, will push u to General Hospital. This means u need a pink book.
If u been pushed to general hospital, and u dont have pink book? what happens? tunggu lagi lama. Even though in labor, but priority to those with pink book. They need to check a lot of things because those info in pink book u dont have. takes a longer time.

true story, happened to my friend, the wife had some complications, been pushed to government hospital. no pink book. a bit difficult.

another story, recently my wife's cousin, checkup government hospital, and also private, but because clinic found out baby have irregular heartbeat, private hospital dont want to take her and she has to deliver in general hospital. luckily have pink book.

anyway, if u say it takes time for checkup, i can advise one thing.
if they say 8am appointment, u think how many people also they tell 8am appointment? a lot of people.
just make sure u reach the government clinic around 7:45, submit ur book and take ur number. when 8am starts, u already have everything set.
me and wife do this, and usually by 9, 9:30 its finished.

coca^cola
post Aug 20 2018, 03:46 PM

Casual
327 posts

My family members most of them do both government and public check up. Deliver at public.
petirbuas
post Aug 29 2018, 04:12 PM

( 。◕ ‿‿ ◕。)
898 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Aug 20 2018, 03:35 PM)
if they say 8am appointment, u think how many people also they tell 8am appointment? a lot of people.
just make sure u reach the government clinic around 7:45, submit ur book and take ur number. when 8am starts, u already have everything set.
I'd like to echo this.
Plus if the appointment at 8AM, the staff already opened the door since 7:30am
I'm usually the first person to come and will be back home before 9:30am.
quebix
post Sep 4 2018, 09:02 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(e_fu @ Sep 1 2018, 11:20 AM)
Hi, i have no experience and hope to get some advice here.

for government clicnic check up, is it go to Klinik Kesihatan Ibu Anak?
before go KK open pink book, is it need to go public clinic do scan 1st to get a paper?
if confirmed pregnant, u can go to KKIA.
which KKIA? it depends on ur location.

Nurses will come to ur house to check after give birth. check baby and mother.

Every KKIA has a few areas under their coverage.
U cant choose which KKIA u want to go to.

quebix
post Sep 4 2018, 11:07 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(e_fu @ Sep 4 2018, 10:52 AM)
i just went KKIA yesterday, but misi said i go too early bb still small can't do anything  cry.gif
ask me to go back end of the month. sweat.gif
well at least u got the appointment already.

quebix
post Sep 4 2018, 11:08 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Donnow @ Sep 4 2018, 10:42 AM)
yaa,

I will deliver next 2 months. my mil is a nurse and she advised me to go KKIA for a checkup. I plan to deliver at private hospitals as it is just nearby my house.
mil said that pink book is needed, In case of any emergency,  can also go to government for delivery because particularly in the case where private hospitals may not be equipped to handle complications during delivery.
true indeed.
hopefully no emergency, but better be prepared for the worst case scenario.
ctys2012
post Sep 4 2018, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
248 posts

speaking from experience

We went to private clinics for checkup (budget 100 - 150) for 1st baby, it was not a pleasant experience(i can explain more if you want), they do have detailed scan (fingers, toes, cleft lip, ) of baby which can cost more. my 2nd baby did a 4D for cleft lip the pic itself costs RM45, i told them they can keep it.

We also went to KK for checkups as we are delivering in GH, and KK have a specific area for pregnant checkups but don't expect short queues. and they record very detail. seldom scan, but they really take care of mother and child wellbeing. they even sent nurses to my house to check on mother and baby(jaundice and all).

bear in mind, if u deliver at private any complications you will be charged emergency cesarian + natural birth and can go between 9k to 19k

GH <1k gao dim

Invince_Z
post Sep 5 2018, 05:30 PM

!M4 !3eY0nC! 1337!!!!
2,747 posts

go KK eary, back early. go late, go back late lor.
quebix
post Sep 6 2018, 08:24 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(yuxuan88 @ Sep 4 2018, 06:07 PM)
Both i'm going to check. KK not check detailing like private but in case when any accident private can't accept me, government at least have my record. Just a double safety. One more reason going KK is baby injection no need money to paid up. Save a lots.
i truly agree.

this is what we did before.

just go early to kk.

if starts at 8am, u go there and get ur number at 7:30 or even earlier.
by 9 or before 10 can settle already.
tsg_7
post Sep 6 2018, 08:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,223 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Aug 20 2018, 03:35 PM)
ok, for me and wife, we did both.

reason?
we plan to give birth at private hospital.
but we just want the pink book from government clinic.
why? some private hospital also will use and refer the pink book.
I know mine did ask for it.
They have a book of their own, but the government is more detailed.

Also, in case any problems, any complications on the pregnancy or delivery, most private hospitals wont take you in even though u have regular checkup with them.
they dont take the risk, will push u to General Hospital. This means u need a pink book.
If u been pushed to general hospital, and u dont have pink book? what happens? tunggu lagi lama. Even though in labor, but priority to those with pink book. They need to check a lot of things because those info in pink book u dont have. takes a longer time.

true story, happened to my friend, the wife had some complications, been pushed to government hospital. no pink book. a bit difficult.

another story, recently my wife's cousin, checkup government hospital, and also private, but because clinic found out baby have irregular heartbeat, private hospital dont want to take her and she has to deliver in general hospital. luckily have pink book.

We practise both way as well. Even private hospital doctor ask u go both because if there is any complications <touch wood> then baby will send to Gov hosp for sure and it is the time Gov hospital doctor refer the pink book. And also, private hospital doctor may skips or delay some process which according to their experiences but in Gov hosp, all the doctors and nurses follow what books said.
quebix
post Sep 6 2018, 08:45 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(tsg_7 @ Sep 6 2018, 08:30 AM)
We practise both way as well. Even private hospital doctor ask u go both because if there is any complications <touch wood> then baby will send to Gov hosp for sure and it is the time Gov hospital doctor refer the pink book. And also, private hospital doctor may skips or delay some process which according to their experiences but in Gov hosp, all the doctors and nurses follow what books said.
true true.

but do bear in mind, in KK, sometimes they can be off sometimes.
recently my wife's cousin (also like us, go to both private and KKIA) on her final week of pregnancy, the KK doctor said baby irregular heartbeat.
Went to private, and they said better deliver in GH.

So they went to GH, deliver there.

But actually baby is normal. nothing irregular.

My personal experience? i also feel the same. this is from level of professionalism they have in KKIA compared to private.

Still i do both because both have pro n cons.
just bear in mind the cons when u make decisions.

tsg_7
post Sep 6 2018, 09:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,223 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Sep 6 2018, 08:45 AM)
true true.

but do bear in mind, in KK, sometimes they can be off sometimes.
recently my wife's cousin (also like us, go to both private and KKIA) on her final week of pregnancy, the KK doctor said baby irregular heartbeat.
Went to private, and they said better deliver in GH.

So they went to GH, deliver there.

But actually baby is normal. nothing irregular.
My personal experience? i also feel the same. this is from level of professionalism they have in KKIA compared to private.

Still i do both because both have pro n cons.
just bear in mind the cons when u make decisions.
Yeah. This is the reason need go to both side check. Actually can go private for the first few months then only go to Gov. Gov clinic still accept for this procedure though.
quebix
post Sep 6 2018, 10:11 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(tsg_7 @ Sep 6 2018, 09:43 AM)
Yeah. This is the reason need go to both side check. Actually can go private for the first few months then only go to Gov. Gov clinic still accept for this procedure though.
u are currently going to both or already gave birth?

Daddy2be
post Sep 6 2018, 11:16 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(amilban @ Sep 6 2018, 11:12 AM)
but isnt it better just only stick to one clinic so that the attendant knows the patient well? if there any complication after pregnancy for sure you need to do more follow up with the doctors at that clinic.
I believe the idea is to have your own private clinic/hospital checkup AND maintain some checkup with the public hospital as well. This is a good practice that I will adopt.
lowlowc
post Sep 6 2018, 12:44 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(JoanneWong @ Sep 5 2018, 05:24 PM)
YA! Injection is free but need to take leave every month
sometime they will simply check only since too many patients in a day..lack of patient..
For 2 times I was there, they keep misplacing my book and I ended up waiting for hours and hours until I kick and ask why all the people that came the same time as me are all gone already. They keep thinking that I am from elsewhere KKIA when I have only been to THIS KKIA from the start and THIS is the KKIA assigned to me area. Still ask me to wait and wait, until I said hello... I haven't eaten anything since morning cause you ask me to test sugar, now 12pm already and I am damn starving! "Mana kad merah you?" Then ransack here and there, only to find my pink book with bloody which nurse. Happened 2 times already even though I went as scheduled appt! Then only said "Sorry ah... tak tau nurse itu hold you punya kad merah. Ingat you tak de appt tak pernah datang."

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Sep 6 2018, 12:49 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:41 PM