Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IT Data Science, Data Science Certification Courses

views

TSprasanta97
post Aug 16 2018, 03:57 PM, updated 6y ago

2 posts

Hi everyone! May I know which companies or programs offer Data Science or Data Scientist certificate courses like ADAX's Data Star program in Malaysia? (Budget from 2K to 10K)

(Note: I prefer classroom like face-to-face based courses)

Thank you...!
v1n0d
post Aug 16 2018, 10:24 PM

Another roof, another proof.
3,197 posts

You can try The Center for Applied Data Science (www.thecads.org).

Your budget is a little tight though, I’d recommend expanding it to 20-30k for F2F courses (or save by taking an online one). Don’t go for cheap options - there are many companies claiming to offer data science training, but very few have the resources to offer a quality program.
TSprasanta97
post Aug 17 2018, 09:47 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(v1n0d @ Aug 16 2018, 10:24 PM)
You can try The Center for Applied Data Science (www.thecads.org).

Your budget is a little tight though, I’d recommend expanding it to 20-30k for F2F courses (or save by taking an online one). Don’t go for cheap options - there are many companies claiming to offer data science training, but very few have the resources to offer a quality program.
Thank you for your advice...But, why you recommend The Center for Applied Data Science for this course? I mean...is there anything special in the program offered by The Center for Applied Data Science??? Are there any other providers you would recommend?
v1n0d
post Aug 17 2018, 11:35 AM

Another roof, another proof.
3,197 posts

QUOTE(prasanta97 @ Aug 17 2018, 09:47 AM)
Thank you for your advice...But, why you recommend The Center for Applied Data Science for this course? I mean...is there anything special in the program offered by The Center for Applied Data Science??? Are there any other providers you would recommend?
They are one of ADAX’s core training providers. You can also try some of the local universities, UM and UTM offer short courses.

Edit: Certification is just the tip of the iceberg. Working with data is highly dependent on experience. Your best option to get into the field is to get your hands dirty by playing around with various data sets. Kaggle is a good place to start.

This post has been edited by v1n0d: Aug 17 2018, 11:38 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:50 PM