Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Skiers & Snowboarders, Beginner to advanced levels welcome!

views

Current Events guy
post Feb 2 2019, 05:03 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Just to clarify, is that the right video you wanted to share? How would you go about having it delivered to the hotel/pension, I suppose you need to inform the lodging proprietor that your equipment was on the way and might arrive before you did?

Regarding the food trucks next to seicomart, they were there in full force last year, I'm not sure about this year. The two indian foodtrucks were a great source of curry when you got tired on Japanese dishes, and they are relatively cheap. I loved the big nan breads they had.

j05h
post Feb 2 2019, 11:33 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(Xyrith @ Feb 2 2019, 01:42 PM)

I've got special dietary needs so there ain't a lot of choices for me. Fujizushi is one and I only take away from there. Speaking of takeaways, the food trucks beside Seicomart serve reasonably priced and tasty foods icon_rolleyes.gif I wonder if they're still there since I haven't been there for 2 years drool.gif
Yeah they’ve been there for years and now there’s more. Got a beer place and some guys grilling corn and skewers that weren’t there last year.

If you’ve got anything resembling a kitchen there, nothing beats hitting the kutchan supermarkets and just cooking in. Tired of fighting for bookings and waiting in line. Niseko needs more reasonable good food.
TSXyrith
post Feb 8 2019, 02:02 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Current Events guy @ Feb 2 2019, 05:03 PM)

Just to clarify, is that the right video you wanted to share? How would you go about having it delivered to the hotel/pension, I suppose you need to inform the lodging proprietor that your equipment was on the way and might arrive before you did?
Yes, that's the right video! My board was ranked 1st rclxms.gif

I wrote to the hotel before placing the order, telling them to expect my package prior to my arrival. I also told the vendor that the destination was a hotel nod.gif

QUOTE(j05h @ Feb 2 2019, 11:33 PM)
If you’ve got anything resembling a kitchen there, nothing beats hitting the kutchan supermarkets and just cooking in. Tired of fighting for bookings and waiting in line. Niseko needs more reasonable good food.
For me, self-catering is more tiring whistling.gif I'd rather pay a visit to the food trucks there icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by Xyrith: Feb 8 2019, 02:07 PM
deodorant
post Feb 14 2019, 10:36 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

Dayuuuuuuuuuuum. Itching to go ski'ing again. Is there any hope for people like us who ski once or twice a year to ever get this good? biggrin.gif
deodorant
post Feb 15 2019, 07:26 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

Sharing short Myoko Kogen (Akakura Onsen/Kanko) ski highlights!

TSXyrith
post Feb 22 2019, 04:28 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Feb 14 2019, 10:36 PM)
Dayuuuuuuuuuuum. Itching to go ski'ing again. Is there any hope for people like us who ski once or twice a year to ever get this good? biggrin.gif
Yes! Assuming you start skiing since 18 years old until 80 years old for 63 years! You'll become that good rclxms.gif
Current Events guy
post Feb 24 2019, 07:24 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Feb 14 2019, 10:36 PM)
go drop rm2k at first traxx for 20 hour ride sessions and see if you get any better.

if you do, let me know smile.gif

QUOTE(Xyrith @ Feb 22 2019, 04:28 PM)

how do you like your board?

it looks really fun!

This post has been edited by Current Events guy: Feb 24 2019, 07:25 PM
TSXyrith
post Mar 5 2019, 05:13 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Current Events guy @ Feb 24 2019, 07:24 PM)
how do you like your board?

it looks really fun!
I just came back from an 8-day Niseko snowboarding trip tongue.gif

It smelt like spring... out of all only 1 day snowed about 3cm, pretty much gone in the next sunrise bye.gif

The maneuverability on my new snowboard is pretty darn good! Its stiffness is right for one like me who carves all time (my carving video will be posted later) icon_rolleyes.gif

Moreover, I can go very fast with this board too! I think I just achieved a new speed record riding it thumbup.gif

I asked my ski friend to capture my top speed bringing trashes picked from the ground with both my hands but sadly he missed the record button of the camera placed on top of his helmet cry.gif

Anyway I have recorded many videos from the trip to share here cool2.gif
Current Events guy
post Mar 5 2019, 05:16 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

looking forward to it!
TSXyrith
post Mar 5 2019, 07:51 PM

0 posts

My carving video at Niseko Annupuri a few days ago. I'm in full black cool2.gif

Too flat so I couldn't do better hmm.gif

Running out of energy at the end of the video icon_question.gif

Going with my Taiwanese friends brows.gif

joway93
post Mar 7 2019, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

I skied on French alps twice!

Taken this when i went there the second time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sCBA-uG4Xw&t=98s
wornbook
post Apr 21 2019, 12:29 PM

Casual
370 posts

Late report from my Hokkaido trip in March. Did Sahoro on 2-6 March, then Niseko 8-10 March. Spring came early this year so temps quite warm (high of 7 degrees). Sadly that meant the snow wasn't great - slushy and icy, with lots of human-caused moguls on the lower slopes at Niseko. On the bright side, what's not to like about bluebird days?

Still an awesome trip though. Never had this many days in a row skiing before so I was finally able to make some progress. Attempted some easy blacks and had fun with the easy tree bits at Niseko. We're already planning next year's trip. smile.gif

And I came home with a new pair of boots!

This post has been edited by wornbook: Apr 21 2019, 12:31 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
AnimeAsia
post Apr 29 2019, 11:10 AM

Casual
358 posts

So many experts here. I only started recently to learn to ski.
TSXyrith
post May 1 2019, 01:05 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(wornbook @ Apr 21 2019, 12:29 PM)
We're already planning next year's trip. smile.gif
Me too! Feb 1 - 9 at Hakuba and Feb 14 - Mar 1 at Whistler rclxms.gif

Especially Whistler which seriously need to book everything more than 6 months earlier blink.gif

This post has been edited by Xyrith: May 1 2019, 01:10 PM
gestapo
post Jun 17 2019, 10:09 PM

Full HD Post Count
1,160 posts

QUOTE(Xyrith @ Mar 5 2019, 05:13 PM)
I just came back from an 8-day Niseko snowboarding trip tongue.gif

It smelt like spring... out of all only 1 day snowed about 3cm, pretty much gone in the next sunrise bye.gif

The maneuverability on my new snowboard is pretty darn good! Its stiffness is right for one like me who carves all time (my carving video will be posted later) icon_rolleyes.gif

Moreover, I can go very fast with this board too! I think I just achieved a new speed record riding it thumbup.gif

I asked my ski friend to capture my top speed bringing trashes picked from the ground with both my hands but sadly he missed the record button of the camera placed on top of his helmet cry.gif

Anyway I have recorded many videos from the trip to share here cool2.gif
nice. can recommend which part of niseko is the best and most affordable (hotel/apartment)to stay?
wornbook
post Jul 6 2019, 10:41 AM

Casual
370 posts

QUOTE(Xyrith @ May 1 2019, 01:05 PM)
Me too! Feb 1 - 9 at Hakuba and Feb 14 - Mar 1 at Whistler rclxms.gif

Especially Whistler which seriously need to book everything more than 6 months earlier blink.gif
Gosh, 2 trips a year. I'm envious. Heard Whistler is crazy expensive.

I'm thinking of trying our Furano next year.

In the meantime, it's winter here in NZ so got an upcoming weekend in the South Island coming up. Winter has been unusually warm so far and snow is reportedly crap, so we'll see. Boo to climate change.
aattyyss P
post Jul 11 2019, 03:56 PM

Probation
21 posts

anyone here been to yabuli before? any tips i should take note of? still kinda figuring out the train from harbin to yabuli club med, not sure if i can buy them online

every bit of help will be gratefully appreciated, please help sifu sifu sekalian
j05h
post Jul 12 2019, 11:53 AM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(gestapo @ Jun 17 2019, 10:09 PM)
nice. can recommend which part of niseko is the best and most affordable (hotel/apartment)to stay?
Best and affordable are two very different metrics.
Best is Upper Hirafu near the lifts, usually all those high end apartments that cost a bomb but it's a short walk.
Affordable is usually Lower Hirafu or the other resorts or the outskirts, you'd find a lot of lodges there where you need to rely on public transport if you don't have a car.
Reasonable by Niseko standards for both is Middle Hirafu.
j05h
post Jul 12 2019, 11:56 AM

Casual
340 posts

Also, I have a heap of preloved gear. Usually after the second season, I'd end up with something else. Wondering if people here would be interested...
gestapo
post Jul 12 2019, 11:58 AM

Full HD Post Count
1,160 posts

QUOTE(j05h @ Jul 12 2019, 11:53 AM)
Best and affordable are two very different metrics.
Best is Upper Hirafu near the lifts, usually all those high end apartments that cost a bomb but it's a short walk.
Affordable is usually Lower Hirafu or the other resorts or the outskirts, you'd find a lot of lodges there where you need to rely on public transport if you don't have a car.
Reasonable by Niseko standards for both is Middle Hirafu.
thanks. best and affordable as in not so pricey and not so far away thus reasonable . lol

QUOTE(j05h @ Jul 12 2019, 11:56 AM)
Also, I have a heap of preloved gear. Usually after the second season, I'd end up with something else. Wondering if people here would be interested...
mind sharing your loot?

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    1.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:16 PM