111 Pages « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official Google Pixel 3 Discussion V1, Google Pixel 3a / 3a XL / 3 / 3 XL

views

jimcarrey
post Jul 11 2019, 01:54 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(foon85sam @ Jul 11 2019, 01:15 PM)
Even google there also got selling Refurbished setšŸ˜‚
Actually is google let them refurbished set to Amazon, or other platforms to selling Refurbished set, but it still can claim warranty to Google.
Question is... is it better to get a used AP set (from TnL/Techbug) or a refurbished set.
I think (and as mentioned by few forummers earlier), there's still questionable doubts about the quality of a refurbished set.

Old1030
post Jul 11 2019, 02:22 PM

On my way
532 posts

QUOTE(jimcarrey @ Jul 11 2019, 01:54 PM)
Question is... is it better to get a used AP set (from TnL/Techbug) or a refurbished set.
I think (and as mentioned by few forummers earlier), there's still questionable doubts about the quality of a refurbished set.
better to get new,, unless you have budget constraint
both also warranty by Google

jimcarrey
post Jul 11 2019, 02:30 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(Old1030 @ Jul 11 2019, 02:22 PM)
better to get new,, unless you have budget constraint
both also warranty by Google
Prefer to not get a new one for now as Pixel 4 is coming soon.
So it's either a used AP set or a 'refurbished set' from Carousell/GS. (those without fullbox sets)
kurtkantoi
post Jul 12 2019, 11:35 AM

Regular
1,460 posts

Guys, what is the best call recording app that support Pixel 3 XL without need to root the phone?
neuro4869
post Jul 13 2019, 02:56 AM

Regular
1,077 posts

where to buy 3.5mm audio adapter?
demogorgon
post Jul 13 2019, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

actually refurbished set isnt that bad, contrary to popular beliefs. They're actually a problematic set thats sent back to google, they repair the issue and resell as refurbished. Replaced parts are original, and phone is without issue now whereas new phones are more prone to issues
TitaniumZ
post Jul 15 2019, 08:10 AM

Ze Balmarian
1,915 posts

QUOTE(neuro4869 @ Jul 13 2019, 02:56 AM)
where to buy 3.5mm audio adapter?
I saw it on Lazada. But you'll have to make sure the one you are buying is compatible to Pixel 3 because I believe Pixel phone doesn't support Audio Adapter Accessory Mode so it needs an adapter with DAC chip or something.
TitaniumZ
post Jul 15 2019, 08:16 AM

Ze Balmarian
1,915 posts

QUOTE(demogorgon @ Jul 13 2019, 07:39 PM)
actually refurbished set isnt that bad, contrary to popular beliefs. They're actually a problematic set thats sent back to google, they repair the issue and resell as refurbished. Replaced parts are original, and phone is without issue now whereas new phones are more prone to issues
If repaired unit also comes with a warranty then by all means to get one. Some refurbished set is actually in perfect condition but the buyer returns it due to some reason. But we never know the background story as well as no control on what type of refurbished set we are getting so it depends on luck.
Chances are you could get a lemon unit if you buy new. So it all depends on how you want to spend your money.
I myself will always go for new unit.
block306
post Jul 15 2019, 04:39 PM

6 posts

I have a Pixel 3A XL. The screen is cracked. Does anyone know where is the service centre for Pixel in KL? How much to expect the damage to be?
Thanks.
jimcarrey
post Jul 15 2019, 04:57 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(block306 @ Jul 15 2019, 04:39 PM)
I have a Pixel 3A XL. The screen is cracked. Does anyone know where is the service centre for Pixel in KL? How much to expect the damage to be?
Thanks.
Try pm this guy

https://forum.lowyat.net/user/537600
Old1030
post Jul 17 2019, 06:06 AM

On my way
532 posts

Yesterday I received update for

Google
Mobile Service
And few others

Suddenly when i make or received call, no sound coming from earpiece,, only loudspeakers can be use to hear calls conversation
I try everything, read every where, even download drude apps as suggested by some forumer at other pixels user forum,, still not working, because dialers suspected as the reason

Then I thought i have a lemon unit

Few hours after that I realized my youtube also no sound coming out from speaker

After further read,, one reader from other forum, suggest to reset network, wifi and Bluetooth setting,, because the phone auto turn Bluetooth during i make call and watch YouTube
Lucky this manage to settle my issue
I nearly wanted to factory reset this morning
WiLeKiyO
post Jul 17 2019, 12:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,144 posts

Quick question guys, how likely they will bring it local set for Pixel 4?
Old1030
post Jul 17 2019, 01:11 PM

On my way
532 posts

QUOTE(WiLeKiyO @ Jul 17 2019, 12:02 PM)
Quick question guys, how likely they will bring it local set for Pixel 4?
Less than 30% chance
Google sell direct
And selected carriers in US and very few other countries

Fastest and easiest is Singapore

blabla987
post Jul 17 2019, 03:21 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

it is possible to get tax refund if buy from singapore google store?
TitaniumZ
post Jul 17 2019, 03:42 PM

Ze Balmarian
1,915 posts

QUOTE(blabla987 @ Jul 17 2019, 03:21 PM)
it is possible to get tax refund if buy from singapore google store?
If only you leave Singapore by flight then can get GST refund provided you stay long enough in Singapore as a tourist
Below is the GST refund T&C

Are you eligible for a GST refund? You must be a tourist and must meet the following criteria:

You are not a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
You are aged 16 and above at the time of purchase;
You are not a crew member of the aircraft on which you are leaving Singapore by;
You are leaving Singapore from Changi Airport or Seletar Airport. You will not be eligible for a GST refund if you are leaving by the Causeway of Sea;
You must have made your purchases within two months from when you apply for a refund and
You are not a Specified Person
i. on the date of the purchase;
ii. at any time within the period of 3 months immediately before the date of purchase; or
iii. on the date you submit your claim for a refund of the GST charged on your purchases at the airport;

Purchases that are not eligible for a GST refund include:

Goods which you have already used or consumed in Singapore.
Goods that you are exporting for commercial purposes.
Goods that will be exported by freight.
Accommodation in a hotel or hostel, and services such as car rental and tour charges.

Plan a 3D2N trip to SG Resort World. If you strike some winning there then the phone is free icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by TitaniumZ: Jul 17 2019, 03:46 PM
blabla987
post Jul 17 2019, 03:49 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(TitaniumZ @ Jul 17 2019, 03:42 PM)
If only you leave Singapore by flight then can get GST refund provided you stay long enough in Singapore as a tourist
Below is the GST refund T&C
Plan a 3D2N trip to SG Resort World. If you strike some winning there then the phone is free  icon_idea.gif
i plan to go singapore 3 days 2 nights but how to buy from google store ah? they dont have like physical shop..
TitaniumZ
post Jul 17 2019, 04:18 PM

Ze Balmarian
1,915 posts

QUOTE(blabla987 @ Jul 17 2019, 03:49 PM)
i plan to go singapore 3 days 2 nights but how to buy from google store ah? they dont have like physical shop..
Do you have friends/relatives staying in SG (or if they work in SG maybe can deliver to their office)? You order online then deliver to his/her place. But you might need SG bank issued credit card (or SG billing address), I never made purchase on Google Store before so I don't know.
My wife tried before in China, which she made a purchase online and then deliver the goods to her hotel. She just inform the hotel counter to expect the package and then she collected it from the hotel counter.

This post has been edited by TitaniumZ: Jul 17 2019, 04:22 PM
blabla987
post Jul 17 2019, 04:25 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(TitaniumZ @ Jul 17 2019, 04:18 PM)
Do you have friends/relatives staying in SG (or if they work in SG maybe can deliver to their office)? You order online then deliver to his/her place. But you might need SG bank issued credit card (or SG billing address), I never made purchase on Google Store before so I don't know.
My wife tried before in China, which she made a purchase online and then deliver the goods to her hotel. She just inform the hotel counter to expect the package and then she collected it from the hotel counter.
but how do i get the tax refund forms?
TitaniumZ
post Jul 18 2019, 07:31 AM

Ze Balmarian
1,915 posts

QUOTE(blabla987 @ Jul 17 2019, 04:25 PM)
but how do i get the tax refund forms?
At the airport.
Below is the official quote:

Where to get your refund:
Apply for your GST refund using the Electronic Tourist Refund self-help kiosks (eTRS kiosks) found at Changi Airport Departure Check-in Hall (before departure immigration) and Departure Transit Lounge (after departure immigration); and at Seletar Airport Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) duty office.

How the Electronic Tourist Refund Scheme (eTRS) works
The Electronic Tourist Refund Scheme (eTRS) was introduced to allow you to apply for your GST refunds electronically and to replace the use of paper refund forms. This offers you an easier way to get your refund because you no longer have to fill up different refund forms issued by different shops.

When making purchases from retailers who are on eTRS, you must show your passport in person to the retailers to prove your eligibility under the TRS. Photocopies or images of passports are not acceptable.

The retailer will issue an eTRS transaction to you at the point of purchase with your passport details. When you apply for your GST refund at the airportā€™s eTRS self-help kiosk with your passport, your transactions will be retrieved automatically.

How to claim your tax refund in three simple steps:
1. At The Airport
If you plan to check-in your purchases, you must apply for your GST refund before you check in your luggage. If you check in your purchases, you will not be entitled to a refund.

This is because Singapore Customs may want to inspect your purchases before processing the refund. You can apply for your refund at the eTRS self-help kiosk in the Departure Check-in Hall (before departure immigration) at the airport.

If you plan to hand-carry your purchases, proceed to the Departure Transit area (after departure immigration) at the airport with your purchases and apply for your refund at the eTRS self-help kiosk found there.

2. At The eTRS Self-Help Kiosk

At the kiosk, scan your passport. This will retrieve details of all your purchases.

After you have retrieved your purchase details, follow the instructions on the eTRS kiosk to apply for your GST refund. At this stage, you will be asked to choose if your refund is to be made to your credit card, Alipay account or in cash (for tourists departing from Changi Airport). If you are departing from Seletar Airport, you will be asked to choose your refund to be made by credit card, Alipay or bank cheque. When you are done, read carefully the outcome of your refund request shown on the kiosk. Please check whether you would need to go to the Customs Inspection counter, where customs officers may ask to see your purchases for further verification.

It is important for you to arrive at the airport early to allow sufficient time to process your GST refund and for the inspection of goods.

3. Collect Your Refund

If you are departing from Changi Airport, you can choose to receive your refund in cash, or have it credited to your credit card or Alipay account. If you are departing from Seletar Airport, you can choose to receive your refund by having it credited to your credit card or Alipay account, or bank cheque.

If you choose to have your refund in cash, head to the Central Refund Counter in the Departure Transit Lounge (after departure immigration) with your passport to collect your cash.

If you choose to have your refund credited into your Alipay account (for Chinese citizens only), select the Alipay refund option after performing your declaration at the eTRS self-help kiosks. Follow the instructions displayed on the eTRS kiosk and scan the QR code from your Alipay mobile app. Once you complete your claims at the eTRS kiosk, the money will be credited immediately into your Alipay account.

If you choose to have the refund credited to your credit card, you may proceed to boarding after completing your claims at the eTRS kiosk. The money will be credited to your specified credit card within ten days.

If you choose to have your refund by bank cheque, you need to write your name and mailing address on the slip printed from the eTRS kiosk and drop the slip into the cheque refund box. The bank cheque will be mailed out to you 14 days later.

Do note that the actual amount refunded to you will be less than what you paid in total GST because of handling fees. The details of your transactions can be verified by registering and logging into the eTRS e-Services or via the ā€œeTRSā€ application downloadable from Google Play or Apple App Store.

Note: You must depart with your goods within two months from date of purchase and within 12 hours after obtaining approval of your GST refund. GST refund must be claimed from the approved central fund counter operator within two months from date of approval of the application.

Rilthalas
post Jul 18 2019, 01:25 PM

37 posts

Anybody having signal/reception issues with the Pixel 3 XL? I've been getting pretty bad call quality using my Pixel 3 XL.

111 Pages « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:56 PM