Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Customs says GST refunds short by 19.4b, Where has the shortfall of 18b gone to ?

touristking
post Aug 22 2018, 05:27 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(kmarc @ Aug 21 2018, 12:29 PM)
Waaaa... you're so clever as always. And I quote your wise statement "Since no police report have been lodged by the accuser to date, we can only conclude no robbery took place". Excellent! Superb!

So, now, with this news below, let me help you quote your next sentence, "Since a police report has been lodged by the accuser today, we can only conclude that the robbery did take place".  thumbup.gif

Police record Guan Eng's statement over 'stolen' RM19.25b GST refund : https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2018/08/...925b-gst-refund
What took them so and only after so many asking then only they lodge report?

They don't know where is the police station?

kmarc
post Aug 22 2018, 05:49 PM

The future is here - Cryptocurrencies!
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(touristking @ Aug 22 2018, 05:27 PM)
What took them so and only after so many asking then only they lodge report?

They don't know where is the police station?
That's a kiddy response after losing argument. bruce.gif

Here, I will entertain you and answer your childish question.

Yeah, he didn't know where the police station was. I had to call his personal handphone and directed him to the nearest police station near his office. Even when he reached the area, he missed the station by two blocks so I had to teach him to use google map to get to the station. bruce.gif
Xaser_3
post Aug 22 2018, 05:53 PM

Because I Fly, I envy no man on earth...

QUOTE(kmarc @ Aug 22 2018, 05:49 PM)
That's a kiddy response after losing argument.  bruce.gif

Here, I will entertain you and answer your childish question.

Yeah, he didn't know where the police station was. I had to call his personal handphone and directed him to the nearest police station near his office. Even when he reached the area, he missed the station by two blocks so I had to teach him to use google map to get to the station.  bruce.gif
He obviously took the time to gather all the facts and get the figures right, with numerous checks before proceeding to the police station. Only a joker wouldn't know that the FM doesn't need to drive himself to the police station.
kmarc
post Aug 22 2018, 08:54 PM

Group Icon

Oh no! Another one! The hole left by previous government is apparently deeper than previously thought! rclxub.gif

BN government misappropriated RM16 billion in tax refunds: Guan Eng : https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2018/08/...efunds-guan-eng

KUALA LUMPUR: Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng has exposed another case of misappropriation and misuse of taxpayers’ money by the Barisan Nasional (BN) administration.

In his latest expose, Lim said the previous government had failed refund the excess income tax and real property gains tax paid by taxpayers totalling RM16.046 billion as of 31 May 2018.

The RM16.046 billion of outstanding tax refunds not returned by the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IRB) involves 1,653,786 cases of companies, individuals, societies and foundations.

He said the cases date back to more than six years ago.

Lim said the arrears in tax refunds was due to the Cash Management Committee in the Finance Ministry not allocating enough money to the Tax Refunds Trust Fund (TRTF) as requested by the IRB.

“As I have explained before, this amounts to the falsification of accounts and the misappropriation of tax refunds for other purposes or to conceal the actual deficit and present a surplus,” he said, while pointing out that the cash management committee - which meets every month - was chaired by the former Treasury Secretary-General Tan Sri Dr Mohd Irwan Serigar.

Lim said the huge amount of outstanding tax refunds was due to the shortage of transfers from the direct tax revenue collected to the TRTF.

He pointed out that tax refunds can only be made using the balance in the TRTF.

“As of 31 May 2018, the balance in the TRTF is only RM1.486 billion based on the records from the Accountant General’s Department, which is far lower compared to the RM16.046 billion required for the refunds that need to be made.

“In other words, there exists a shortfall of RM14.56 billion as of 31 May 2018 which resulted in 1,653,786 taxpayers not receiving their tax refunds as far back as more than 6 years ago,” he said.

Lim said it was clear that the RM14.56 billion not transferred from the Consolidated Funds to the TRTF had already been recognised as government revenue by the previous government.

“This means that the Federal Government revenue that was reported by the previous government is not accurate and larger than what it actually was,” he said.

Lim said to relieve the taxpayers’ burden, the government has agreed to allow taxpayers who have outstanding tax refunds from IRB to make an application to set-off the amount against the tax payable for the current year.

He said the set-off application needs to be submitted to IRB to be verified and considered for approval.

“Besides that, the remaining tax refunds will be carried out based on the ability of the government depending on its fiscal position.

“We hope that the failure to return RM16.046 billion of tax refunds is the last mega exposé related to the misappropriation and misuse of taxpayers’ money by the previous government.

“The new Pakatan Harapan government which upholds the principles of Competency, Accountability, and Transparency (CAT) will do its utmost best to resolve such scandals, including through returning the tax refunds,” he said in a statement.

The breakdown of the outstanding tax refunds not returned by the IRB as of 31 May is as follows:

NST Graphic

The government had previously revealed that the previous administration also failed to refund the Goods and Services Tax (GST) input tax amounting to RM19.397 billion as of 31 May.

Lim said the money was not refunded due to the BN government’s failure to transfer sufficient amounts to the GST Refunds Trust Account.

“This represents a breach of trust because the previous government had used the money belonging to the taxpayers without their permission as they deliberately concealed the expenditure deficit to fund its spending.

“GST refunds should have been made within 2 weeks as stipulated by the law but there are still arrears from 2015.

“The misappropriation of taxpayers’ money and falsification of accounts under the previous government, in which 121,429 individuals and companies have not received their RM19.4 billion GST refunds since 2015, is actually more serious than what was previously announced,” he said.

This post has been edited by kmarc: Aug 22 2018, 08:54 PM
Ckmwpy0370
post Aug 23 2018, 09:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(kmarc @ Aug 22 2018, 08:54 PM)
Oh no! Another one! The hole left by previous government is apparently deeper than previously thought!  rclxub.gif

BN government misappropriated RM16 billion in tax refunds: Guan Eng : https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2018/08/...efunds-guan-eng
what was BN/Najis did during their regime? what were their contributions?
seem nothing, getting more shits !

MakNok
post Aug 23 2018, 09:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Aug 22 2018, 12:24 AM)
Hence why I stopped reading RPK articles and can't bear listening to all his theories and propaganda.
RPK now bullshitting like no tomorrow.
biggrin.gif
Xaser_3
post Aug 23 2018, 10:01 AM

QUOTE(Ckmwpy0370 @ Aug 23 2018, 09:01 AM)
It was clearly obvious that they were all out squandering all the tax payers money like there is no tomorrow. This is something we already knew long time ago, just that now BN has lost power after 60 years, all the dirt and shit is slowly starting to surface one by one. People who were in power and position, should be prosecuted for their crimes and heads must roll.

QUOTE(MakNok @ Aug 23 2018, 09:06 AM)
RPK now bullshitting like no tomorrow.
biggrin.gif
Hahhaha......comes with no surprise, Bro. Got really sick of his rhetorical's, hence I stop reading whatever he is cooking from Manchester.
kmarc
post Aug 23 2018, 10:28 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE(Ckmwpy0370 @ Aug 23 2018, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Aug 23 2018, 10:01 AM)
It was clearly obvious that they were all out squandering all the tax payers money like there is no tomorrow. This is something we already knew long time ago, just that now BN has lost power after 60 years, all the dirt and shit is slowly starting to surface one by one. People who were in power and position, should be prosecuted for their crimes and heads must roll.
Hahhaha......comes with no surprise, Bro. Got really sick of his rhetorical's, hence I stop reading whatever he is cooking from Manchester.
The one news that I’m waiting for is those from Sarawak. Again, the people know what funny stuff has been going on for the past few decades but it seems everybody is afraid to do something about it. Even Sarawak Report highlights on some issues were just ignored?

This post has been edited by kmarc: Aug 23 2018, 10:29 AM
Xaser_3
post Aug 23 2018, 11:30 AM

QUOTE(kmarc @ Aug 23 2018, 10:28 AM)
The one news that I’m waiting for is those from Sarawak. Again, the people know what funny stuff has been going on for the past few decades but it seems everybody is afraid to do something about it. Even Sarawak Report highlights on some issues were just ignored?
Not only Sarawak but they should look into all the wrong doings that had happened here in Malaysia and overseas if involving Malaysian tax payers monies. They should not be selective prosecution when applying the Rule of Law.
puchongite
post Sep 26 2018, 03:10 PM

10k Club

PAC to meet Najib, LGE and Irwan Serigar over RM19bil GST issue

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018...9bil-gst-issue/

Wonder if anything specific can come out of this ?

Also wonder why MACC is mute on this ? Not considered a fraud ?
Xaser_3
post Sep 27 2018, 09:16 AM

QUOTE(puchongite @ Sep 26 2018, 03:10 PM)
PAC to meet Najib, LGE and Irwan Serigar over RM19bil GST issue

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018...9bil-gst-issue/

Wonder if anything specific can come out of this ?

Also wonder why MACC is mute on this ? Not considered a fraud ?
More grilling for the public to bear witness for the wrong doings of their past. Hopefully, they would reach their objective instead of fumbling with half baked figures.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0494sec    4.72    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 01:33 PM