Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Arsenal Street Talk | Season 2018/19, ARS 2-2 MUN | EPL | Two Defensive Errors

sigheart
post Dec 17 2018, 05:06 AM

Vorsprung durch Technik
Group: Senior Member

Arsenal fans: I don't think I will ever see a player more useless than Iwobi.
Ozil: Hold my beer.

All jokes aside you may point to our depleted defense but to be honest our form hasn't been very good despite going 22 unbeaten and we were very lucky to not have been defeated earlier.

The last 12 games we have lost 1, drew 5 and won 6 but from those 6 wins, 2 were meaningless europa games against a bunch of farmers and 1 was against a lower league team in the Carabao Cup.

Our form in the BPL in itself hasn't been good enough and the defeat today was the culmination of a poor run of 10 games or so in the league. Can't help but feel there was a sliver of complacency running through the team being unbeaten for so long.

Hope this will serve as a wake up call for Unai and for the players. The last time we were defeated we went on an 11 game winning streak.

Lets hope the lads will be able to pick themselves and do the same again. Else its back to the Europa again next year. The margins are so fine in the top 4 battle this year that even a draw feels like a defeat. What more an actual defeat.

Well, unless we just go on and win the Europa this year. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by sigheart: Dec 17 2018, 05:17 AM
zstan
post Dec 17 2018, 08:28 AM

10k Club

i thought early of the season everybody praising iwobi now asking him to be sold. lel
ohhisee
post Dec 17 2018, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

i'm just watching from match highlight but i think leno make errors a lot..but good for miki..hope he will gaining confidence and support our attack in next match..
sailou
post Dec 17 2018, 12:43 PM

On my way

With the long list of injuries and no backup, I foresee at the end of the month the top 4 will pull far away ahead leaving us battling MU for 5th.

Our level of luck is really unbelievable up until now. Even though we lost, luck on us again when Liverpool beat MU to let us maintain our lead.

Really thank Liverpool.

How much luck do we need and do we still have after this?
tkh_1001
post Dec 17 2018, 12:55 PM

No complaints from me in my opinion

This is like something we can only dream off during Wenger years

Not to mentioned we got raped by soton everytime

rifasha
post Dec 17 2018, 01:04 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

New thread is that way ------> https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4709450

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic