Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> To Stay or To Leave?, New Offer vs Counter Offer

passionatedev
post Aug 13 2018, 10:17 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(otai_g @ Aug 13 2018, 08:38 AM)
can u list down all the lack in old company, others than salary?

if everything good, to switch job is very risky.

u dont know hows the situation in new company.

maybe more shitty than current, so thats y their offer high salary to attract people
The company on paper is good. Benefits, stability (not sure if it still is). The problem is the bureaucracy, and culture. I have seen many good people leave the company and those that stayed, have been telling stories of how they have worked here for years and are still stagnant. I decided to leave because I feel that my potential is not explored here. I think I can do better but don't have the chance to grow.

In summary, it's a company that's good on paper, but not so when you are in. Perhaps it's a good company to be in while waiting for retirement. Not so of a company you wish to start your career from.
DozeMeWithTea
post Aug 13 2018, 10:22 AM

Getting Started

Always remember that when it comes to work never put emotion in it.
MeToo
post Aug 13 2018, 10:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

ALl promises, nohting concrete.

Not to mention that the other sie gives you a 20% increment.

Also you mention you are young, take a risk, jump.

The fastest way to increase your earnings and raise in your position is to move to a new company.
otai_g
post Aug 13 2018, 10:37 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(passionatedev @ Aug 13 2018, 10:17 AM)
The company on paper is good. Benefits, stability (not sure if it still is). The problem is the bureaucracy, and culture. I have seen many good people leave the company and those that stayed, have been telling stories of how they have worked here for years and are still stagnant. I decided to leave because I feel that my potential is not explored here. I think I can do better but don't have the chance to grow.

In summary, it's a company that's good on paper, but not so when you are in. Perhaps it's a good company to be in while waiting for retirement. Not so of a company you wish to start your career from.
look like u has been poison from staff in old company.

whatever bro, i have experienced jump to shitty company.

and after i jump to shitty company, i had involved with shitty project which many problem. and issue.

then i required to work till late night, saturday and sunday.

how suffer during that time.
ragk
post Aug 13 2018, 11:44 AM

BooBoo~

Whats ur Industry Field?
passionatedev
post Aug 13 2018, 11:52 AM

QUOTE(ragk @ Aug 13 2018, 11:44 AM)
Whats ur Industry Field?
In ICT field.
ragk
post Aug 13 2018, 01:46 PM

BooBoo~

QUOTE(passionatedev @ Aug 13 2018, 11:52 AM)
In ICT field.
Your role? If u are programmer, thn u need to consider is ur company provide good couching or good environment to developer, get it done and get it done in a right way is very different.
Since u are quite fresh i would suggest u in something, consolidate ur experience. Ur current company promise u opportunity, wat kind of opportunity? Like my 1st company, when im leaving they promise me promotion & opportunity too, but i can foreseen i will be actually doing the samething since thats no senior to guide me, the company itself wasn't tat well structure, just more work load & responsibility. More work load & responsibility doesnt mean more opportunity.
And salary wise, my 1st company offered me higher thn 2nd company, but im not regret to turn it away at all after 5 years leaving. Whn u keep consolidate u skill and exp, good reward is just consequence.
And ur company only will to pay when u leave, so dont expect they reward u well in the future if u choose to stay.

This post has been edited by ragk: Aug 13 2018, 01:47 PM
passionatedev
post Aug 14 2018, 04:28 PM

QUOTE(ragk @ Aug 13 2018, 01:46 PM)
Your role? If u are programmer, thn u need to consider is ur company provide good couching or good environment to developer, get it done and get it done in a right way is very different.
Since u are quite fresh i would suggest u in something, consolidate ur experience. Ur current company promise u opportunity, wat kind of opportunity? Like my 1st company, when im leaving they promise me promotion & opportunity too, but i can foreseen i will be actually doing the samething since thats no senior to guide me, the company itself wasn't tat well structure, just more work load & responsibility. More work load & responsibility doesnt mean more opportunity.
And salary wise, my 1st company offered me higher thn 2nd company, but im not regret to turn it away at all after 5 years leaving. Whn u keep consolidate u skill and exp, good reward is just consequence.
And ur company only will to pay when u leave, so dont expect they reward u well in the future if u choose to stay.
Yes, I think I am more or less in your situation. I have already officially resigned by the way. Going to new venture icon_rolleyes.gif

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0582sec    4.92    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 01:05 PM