Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

StashAway MY, New instrument for Malaysian?

views

roarus
post Aug 9 2018, 10:44 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

I signed up for the waiting list last week, other than welcome email so far no exclusive info yet
roarus
post Dec 6 2018, 10:56 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(williamlee_1985 @ Dec 4 2018, 12:03 PM)
Registered, sent my IC with cross, but asked to resend without any cross. Anyone facing this too?
Mine was sent crossed via whatsapp - was asked to resend due to crossing touching part of my face. Since mine is made with Photoshop I just repositioned the cross and it was accepted
roarus
post Jan 10 2019, 08:41 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Jan 10 2019, 07:45 PM)
36% type.
Not sure why sell SPY at 5-1-2019 and buy SPY at 8-1-2019
QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Jan 10 2019, 08:10 PM)
besides this.

AGG too.

very frequent sell and buy.
Mine doesn't have sell and re-buy though - did you guys accidentally toggled and accepted the risk setting up and down that time?
roarus
post Jan 31 2019, 02:12 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

Been 'lucky' to procrastinate funding the account till new year's eve. Returns 9.2% in USD on risk index 36%.

Not putting in much though, only RM80/mo as a side experiment to see how much it's worth at year end if I were to invest the cost of a 20 cigarette pack weekly (round up to RM80 from RM75.40 based on RM17.40 pricing)

Personally have chosen to put in only monthly instead of weekly due to the length of waiting time for funds to be received up to buying completion that typically takes 3 business days from IBG initiation.
roarus
post Jan 31 2019, 10:42 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(jay @ Jan 31 2019, 03:05 PM)
This one? it doesnt tell us how can we contact Pacific Trustees?? does anyone know what to do if StashAway run away with the funding?
From my simple understanding, StashAway's CEO can't just dig into the funds to make expensive music videos with rappers for his wife:
Pacific Trustees - hold your money
Saxo Capital - hold your shares
StashAway - holds a ledger of (i) how much cash in Pacific Trustees belong to you, (ii) how many units (up to the fraction) in Saxo brokerage account belong to you
roarus
post Feb 1 2019, 08:05 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(honsiong @ Jan 31 2019, 11:18 PM)
I understood that reference.  bangwall.gif  That church is actually on the same street, 5 mins walk from my block LOL.

But I think since everyone is holding fractional shares, in that not-that-unlikely event, I guess they gonna dump all the shares back into the market through Saxo (cause a small share price drop depending on how big of StashAway entire AUM is), and give everyone back SGD and MYR.

It's not entirely risk free lah.
Something of a give and take with Stashaway - fractional shares in exchange for 100% of your money working. Which is perfectly fine for my 'ciggy bank'.

The other robo Autowealth doesn't do fractional - but have a custody account with money and assets legally belonging to you, with the downside of higher investment entry point. Not sure if they have any plans to open their doors here.
roarus
post Feb 1 2019, 10:04 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(honsiong @ Feb 1 2019, 08:39 PM)
Can Malaysians open Saxo account? Opening Saxo requires SGD3000 that I am not willing fork out, plus they have inactivity fee.

Yea I much prefer to have every cents I put in do their work, and dividends reinvested ASAP, these can make the management fees worth it.
No idea, you probably can if you have enough cash. Although, personally I wouldn't go with Saxo as my retirement growth piggy bank due to - custody charges based on AUM + some apparently naughty things they did by manipulating their clients' forex pricing during the Swiss currency turmoil.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0519sec    0.49    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:04 PM