8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mazda 6 Mods, Need recommendation

views

TSnavinnaido36
post Aug 8 2018, 09:39 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
144 posts

Hi i own a mazda 6 just finish loan like last month. The first thing i did give a fresh paint looks good now. Planning to mod my car. I am not sure where to start for the mod. I am not trying to race or change to car to track mode. I am more focused on modding to make the car more enjoyable.

The list of plans i have now :-
1. Get the car noise proofing treatment ( Cannot tahan )
2. Change brake kit ( Wan good stopping power )
3. Better suspension ( I want more comfort )
4. Limited slip differential ( Need do more research)
5. Add more power ( Need do more research)

I did some research found this shop called autofoam kl which quoted me sound proofing pissed package for 4k myr.

Looking for a good 4 pot regardless brand as long have some decent reputation. Budget around 4k myr.

Is there any other shop u guys know do sound proofing. 4k is pretty steep. Probably other shop offer same customization for for cheaper price.

Time to upgrade
Attached Image

This post has been edited by navinnaido36: Aug 8 2018, 09:39 PM
LoNeLyKiRa
post Aug 8 2018, 09:48 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

For 1,2,3,5 you can visit EA Autoworks @ bukit jalil

https://www.facebook.com/eaautoworks/
slaveone
post Aug 8 2018, 10:13 PM

Regular
1,180 posts

QUOTE(LoNeLyKiRa @ Aug 8 2018, 09:48 PM)
For 1,2,3,5 you can visit EA Autoworks @ bukit jalil

https://www.facebook.com/eaautoworks/
that racun link
dares
post Aug 8 2018, 10:22 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

Why need LSD? you go attack the B-roads with your Mazda 6?

Yet you are also looking for comfort suspensions.

This post has been edited by dares: Aug 8 2018, 10:23 PM
6UE5T
post Aug 8 2018, 11:01 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(navinnaido36 @ Aug 8 2018, 09:39 PM)
Hi i own a mazda 6  just finish loan like last month. The first thing i did give a fresh paint looks good now. Planning to mod my car. I am not sure where to start for the mod. I am not trying to race or change to car to track mode. I am more focused on modding to make the car more enjoyable.

The list of plans i have now :-
1. Get the car noise proofing treatment ( Cannot tahan )
2. Change brake kit ( Wan good stopping power )
3. Better suspension ( I want more comfort )
4. Limited slip differential ( Need do more research)
5. Add more power ( Need do more research)

I did some research found this shop called autofoam kl which quoted me sound proofing pissed package for 4k myr.

Looking for a good 4 pot regardless brand as long have some decent reputation. Budget around 4k myr.

Is there any other shop u guys know do sound proofing. 4k is pretty steep. Probably other shop offer same customization for for cheaper price.

Time to upgrade
Attached Image
If you want more comfort, instead of fiddling with the stock suspension (which normally is already the best setup for comfort) you should just downsize from your 19' rims to 18'. This will make a noticeable improvement in comfort as you'll get more cushioning from the thicker profile tires. Change to 18' but wider so that would improve comfort AND also allows you to use wider tires which will improve your handling too while looking more aggressive due to having wider footprint. Downsizing to good lightweight 18' also enables you to save some weight which help your acceleration and FC just a bit. Anyway anything that saves weight is always a positive.

As for mod for suspension, they're all mostly for more sporty handling and looks, not really for more comfort.

Also no need LSD if your focus is just to make it more comfortable instead of more aggressive car.

As for adding more power, NA engines lie your Mazda is not easy to get more power even after spending a lot of money. Most often just do some remapping and intake-exhaust mods but at most it will just give like 5-7% gain at best, so don't expect much out of simple mods on NA engines. Not sure though which tuners have good experience/knowledge to do good remap for Mazda Skyactive engines.

For your first 2 mods on your list, they're good to do especially no.2.
pokchik
post Aug 8 2018, 11:44 PM

old but gold
1,283 posts

QUOTE(navinnaido36 @ Aug 8 2018, 09:39 PM)
The first thing i did give a fresh paint looks good now.
what's the cost for that paint job?
hbgoh57
post Aug 9 2018, 12:28 AM

Enthusiast
804 posts

Not bad.. P driver alreedy finish paying for a 190k car..well done
Ginny88
post Aug 9 2018, 01:10 AM

Regular
1,032 posts

Don't do autofoam. It does nothing for your car in terms of noise reduction or stiffness. It is just the automobile equivalent of snake oil. The shop you are talking about must be KL Auto.
SUSSupermanLick
post Aug 9 2018, 01:13 AM

👊PUNCH SOHAI🦸
1,074 posts

I spent about Rm400 brough acoustic foam & towels to Diy
Inside all panels &doors firewall bonnets as well the wheel wells

The results is supperr 👍
When driving 130 only whining sound I can hear

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSnavinnaido36
post Aug 9 2018, 07:12 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(pokchik @ Aug 8 2018, 07:44 AM)
what's the cost for that paint job?
Labour 2k. Paint buy myself 1k.
TSnavinnaido36
post Aug 9 2018, 07:54 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Aug 8 2018, 07:01 AM)
If you want more comfort, instead of fiddling with the stock suspension (which normally is already the best setup for comfort) you should just downsize from your 19' rims to 18'. This will make a noticeable improvement in comfort as you'll get more cushioning from the thicker profile tires. Change to 18' but wider so that would improve comfort AND also allows you to use wider tires which will improve your handling too while looking more aggressive due to having wider footprint. Downsizing to good lightweight 18' also enables you to save some weight which help your acceleration and FC just a bit. Anyway anything that saves weight is always a positive.

As for mod for suspension, they're all mostly for more sporty handling and looks, not really for more comfort.

Also no need LSD if your focus is just to make it more comfortable instead of more aggressive car.

As for adding more power, NA engines lie your Mazda is not easy to get more power even after spending a lot of money. Most often just do some remapping and intake-exhaust mods but at most it will just give like 5-7% gain at best, so don't expect much out of simple mods on NA engines. Not sure though which tuners have good experience/knowledge to do good remap for Mazda Skyactive engines.

Noted tk. Im looking into this refurbished brembo 4 pot around 4.2k or a new nishin brake kit or new ap racing 4 pot for same price. Actually before i look into this bbk. A lot of pro's advice to change the stock rims to a better wan as u mention. They say aftermarket rims opens up for good bbk kit installation without any problem. Need to look into this. Probably my priority is to change rims first before investing on bbk. Plus the price for the current 19inch tyre was also bugging me a lot. Probably going for a 18inch with more affordable tyre doesnt sound half bad.
TSnavinnaido36
post Aug 9 2018, 07:59 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(SupermanLick @ Aug 8 2018, 09:13 AM)
I spent about Rm400 brough acoustic foam & towels to Diy
Inside all panels &doors firewall bonnets as well the wheel wells

The results is supperr 👍
When driving 130 only whining sound I can hear
Sounds very affordable if diy. But i dont have the tools or the experience to do so. Shops so far quoted me for 4.6k for full treatment.
1. door treatment rm 880
2. aero sealing for door frames, sills and bonnet rm 240
3 lower firewall, kick panels and full floorpan. rm 1880
4. rear inner wheel well and trunk floor. rm 1880

Sounds expensive to me. I try ask car accessories shop if can do for me. Probably will be way cheaper.
SUSSupermanLick
post Aug 9 2018, 08:07 AM

👊PUNCH SOHAI🦸
1,074 posts

U can buy acoustic foam from shoppe with reasonable prices
Ask for the labour charge

6UE5T
post Aug 9 2018, 11:00 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(navinnaido36 @ Aug 9 2018, 07:54 AM)
Noted tk. Im looking into this refurbished brembo 4 pot around 4.2k or a new nishin brake kit or new ap racing 4 pot for same price. Actually before i look into this bbk. A lot of pro's advice to change the stock rims to a better wan as u mention. They say aftermarket rims opens up for good bbk kit installation without any problem. Need to look into this. Probably my priority is to change rims first before investing on bbk. Plus the price for the current 19inch tyre was also bugging me a lot. Probably going for a 18inch with more affordable tyre doesnt sound half bad.
Note though if really original AP Racing 4 pot, it would not just cost rm4.2k brand new. If just that cheap, most likely it's a fake China one which by all means you should avoid. Yes, when you change to 4 pot, you may need a set of rims that can clear it, normally with enough offset and spoke pattern that curved outward to make room for the 4 pot, and avoid rims with flat design spokes as most likely it would not clear the 4 pot. Trust me, going to lightweight yet wider 18' will be better in all aspects than staying with your stock 19' narrow rims.

Is there any Mazda 6 club? If so you should join and ask them around for more affordable 4 pots and what rims specs that can clear it, plus all other mods that are good to do for that car.
tkyong1
post Aug 9 2018, 11:29 AM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Aug 8 2018, 11:01 PM)

Very good advises, 6UE5T.

TS, please do not mods your engine, keeping it original the best, safe you the hassle later. Just cosmetic and sound proof good enough liao since you prefer comfort. Keep the money for better car in the future lol.

BTW, is the sound proofing in Mazda 6 bad? I thought my Accord 9th is bad enough.

HEard ppl complain about the Autofoam before, better careful with that. Heard it is not reversible if done.
TSnavinnaido36
post Aug 9 2018, 12:31 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Aug 8 2018, 07:29 PM)
Very good advises, 6UE5T.

TS, please do not mods your engine, keeping it original the best, safe you the hassle later. Just cosmetic and sound proof good enough liao since you prefer comfort. Keep the money for better car in the future lol.

BTW, is the sound proofing in Mazda 6 bad? I thought my Accord 9th is bad enough.

HEard ppl complain about the Autofoam before, better careful with that. Heard it is not reversible if done.
Im not planning to do heavy mods. Im still studying and decided investing my part time earned money to do some upgrades on my mazda 6. This car is going to be around for quite some time with my family and i have a lot of interest on modding the car. My focus on modding the car for more power is to overtake the crazy people who misbehave in the road and of course some thrill to pedal the car when the road is clear.

The thing is i like how my mom mercedes is very quiet on the road. 10 YEAR OLD e280 v6 still running like champ. My family owns a porsche and bmw. These cars are worse if compared to my mazda on casual road. NOISE in mazda isnt bad, its just a preference and i want it to be very quiet. So far all this while i was fine with it cause the sound system in mazda is good to cancel out the road noise.

Performance and comfort doesnt go hand in hand but i want the best of both if possible.

The autofoam, im not taking their word by heart so i want do survey other shops. Most accessories shops focus on tint and other causal car stuff. Their sound proofing service the provide is also very basic like just for the doors. Autofoam said it takes 7 hour to do full treatment and when comes down to it im ready to wait and see whats happening on my car. Eventhough some might fine that irritating but hey if there is a lot of work going into it and a lot of material is going into my car. Probably i cant blame the shop if i dont feel satisfactory result. I dont want to be the person who just leave his car and probably they do some hanky panky stuff like not doing it right and be that customer who bitch about the service.
tkyong1
post Aug 9 2018, 12:39 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(navinnaido36 @ Aug 9 2018, 12:31 PM)
Im not planning to do heavy mods. Im still studying and decided investing my part time earned money to do some upgrades on my mazda 6. This car is going to be around for quite some time with my family and i have a lot of interest on modding the car. My focus on modding the car for more power is to overtake the crazy people who misbehave in the road and of course some thrill to pedal the car when the road is clear.

The thing is i like how my mom mercedes is very quiet on the road. 10 YEAR OLD e280 v6 still running like champ. My family owns a porsche and bmw. These cars are worse if compared to my mazda on casual road. NOISE in mazda isnt bad, its just a preference and i want it to be very quiet. So far all this while i was fine with it cause the sound system in mazda is good to cancel out the road noise.

Performance and comfort doesnt go hand in hand but i want the best of both if possible.

The autofoam, im not taking their word by heart so i want do survey other shops. Most accessories shops focus on tint and other causal car stuff. Their sound proofing service the provide is also very basic like just for the doors. Autofoam said it takes 7 hour to do full treatment and when comes down to it im ready to wait and see whats happening on my car. Eventhough some might fine that irritating but hey if there is a lot of work going into it and a lot of material is going into my car. Probably i cant blame the shop if i dont feel satisfactory result. I dont want to be the person who just leave his car and probably they do some hanky panky stuff like not doing it right and be that customer who bitch about the service.
They inject the autofoam in the hollow section in your car, this is non-reversible if you do not like the result.

I am skeptical if our car insurance will be affected if we meet with an accident, due to the injected foam done. You may want to check before doing it. I heard complains about this autofoam stuffs. For sound proofing, i think the conventional way is preferred. The autofoam more toward the rigidity of the car frame, not actually sound proofing in nature.
TSnavinnaido36
post Aug 9 2018, 12:55 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Aug 8 2018, 08:39 PM)
They inject the autofoam in the hollow section in your car, this is non-reversible if you do not like the result.

I am skeptical if our car insurance will be affected if we meet with an accident, due to the injected foam done. You may want to check before doing it. I heard complains about this autofoam stuffs. For sound proofing, i think the conventional way is preferred. The autofoam more toward the rigidity of the car frame, not actually sound proofing in nature.
They have seperate services. Autofoam have multi benefits which includes providing stability which is what they say. I only want the noise proofing treatment which involves using noise insulation material and cover the internals of the car. Added text in previous comment on the price for different parts of noise proofing installation.

This post has been edited by navinnaido36: Aug 9 2018, 12:57 PM
ayamxxx
post Aug 9 2018, 03:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

More comfort is by having a 17rim & below with tall profile tyre. Like old camry with 16" and 55 or 60 profile. Doesn't look good or macho but it just comfort. Nowadays all manufacturers are intend to give rim with 17, 18,19 as standard and many of us feel it too bumpy.

Proofing is good by adding a additional layer of soundproofing materials, and not the foam. Foam will making your car different driving style as it will differ from original factory car cornering behaviour. But the layer of materials will just do fine, but not sure up until which extend. Cz see review, even with all area installations if soundproofing, it only reduce up to 5 decibels sound only, as reviews in youtube. Guess if the base car is already not really quite like continental or lexus car, we hv to deal with it for daily drive.

Brake upgrades i hv not experienced yet as the originals one still do just fine.

Suggests ts to change all wear n tear parts like absorber, tyre, fresh new paint, interior leather wrinkle repair, dashboard or seat refurbish (if got calar) hence to be like a new car again.

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Aug 9 2018, 03:13 PM
rcracer
post Aug 9 2018, 03:22 PM

?????
3,743 posts

Buy 2018, 2.2 diesel

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:30 PM