Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sri Computer RMA

views

TSGetUrAssKicked
post Aug 7 2018, 02:34 PM, updated 6y ago

45 posts

Hi Folks,

I am currently having a very very bad experience in claiming back my graphic cards that I had sent for warranty to Sri Computers Lowyat.

The reason I am writing this is mainly because I am feeling so helpless and seeking for advice & suggestion on what I can do in order to get back my warranty item.

Anyway, here's the story...

2 of my Asus GTX1070 O8G graphic cards are not being detected by the operating system. I have tried all sort of methods in attempting to fix the issue (including re-seating graphic cards, reinstalling drivers) without success. And so, I had decided to send them for warranty claim to the shop (Sri Computers) I had purchased end of last year. I sent the faulty graphic cards to Lowyat Sri Computers on 30th May 2018. However, up until today, after more than 2 months, I have yet to receive back my graphic cards.

Ever since last month, I had been trying to reach out to Sri Computers every once or 2 weeks through all sort of channel (calling, sms, whatsapp & facebook) in verifying my warranty status. I even went to their lowyat shop personally 3 weeks ago. However, all they (Sri Computers) had been telling me is that my graphic cards are not ready for pick yet again & again.

And so, I have decided to try my luck by reaching out to Asus Malaysia. By only giving them (Asus Malaysia) the serial number of the 2 graphic cards, they replied me with the following message:

"According to our system, the 2 graphic card has been closed on 2018-06-06 at ASUS service center. And Sri Computer has collected both the cards around end of June. Have you try to contact them?"

I believed that their (Asus Malaysia) message are highly trustable & reliable since they managed to inform me that Sri Computer had already collected my graphic cards since all I had provided to them are only the serial number of the 2 graphic cards.

Since then, I had tried to reach out to Sri Computers once again, but up until now, I have yet to get a response from them.

I am feeling so helpless now, any advices/suggestions that what I should/could possibly do in order to get my graphic cards back as soon as possible? Can I actually make a police report on this kind of issue?

This post has been edited by GetUrAssKicked: Aug 7 2018, 02:37 PM
nebula87
post Aug 7 2018, 02:43 PM

Fg = mg
1,308 posts

Why not you go pay Sri Computers a visit?
TristanX
post Aug 7 2018, 02:44 PM

Where is my stars?
Group Icon
Elite
23,662 posts

QUOTE(GetUrAssKicked @ Aug 7 2018, 02:34 PM)
Hi Folks,

I am currently having a very very bad experience in claiming back my graphic cards that I had sent for warranty to Sri Computers Lowyat.

The reason I am writing this is mainly because I am feeling so helpless and seeking for advice & suggestion on what I can do in order to get back my warranty item.

2 of my Asus GTX1070 O8G graphic cards are not being detected by the operating system. I have tried all sort of methods in attempting to fix the issue (including re-seating graphic cards, reinstalling drivers) without success. And so, I had decided to send them for warranty claim to the shop (Sri Computers) I had purchased end of last year. I sent the faulty graphic cards to Lowyat Sri Computers on 30th May 2018. However, up until today, after more than 2 months, I have yet to receive back my graphic cards.

Ever since last month, I had been trying to reach out to Sri Computers every once or 2 weeks through all sort of channel (calling, sms, whatsapp & facebook) in verifying my warranty status. I even went to their lowyat shop personally 3 weeks ago. However, all they (Sri Computers) had been telling me is that my graphic cards are not ready for pick yet again & again.

And so, I have decided to try my luck by reaching out to Asus Malaysia. By only giving them (Asus Malaysia) the serial number of the 2 graphic cards, they replied me with the following message:

"According to our system, the 2 graphic card has been closed on 2018-06-06 at ASUS service center. And Sri Computer has collected both the cards around end of June. Have you try to contact them?"

I believed that their (Asus Malaysia) message are highly trustable & reliable since they managed to inform me that Sri Computer had already collected my graphic cards since all I had provided to them are only the serial number of the 2 graphic cards.

Since then, I had tried to reach out to Sri Computers once again, but up until now, I have yet to get a response from them.

I am feeling so helpless now, any advices/suggestions that what I should/could possibly do in order to get my graphic cards back as soon as possible? Can I actually make a police report on this kind of issue?
Try asking Asus again. Say Sri Computers is not responding at all.
TSGetUrAssKicked
post Aug 7 2018, 02:49 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(nebula87 @ Aug 7 2018, 02:43 PM)
Why not you go pay Sri Computers a visit?
I was planning to visit them this weekend while waiting for them to get back to me within these few days. Anyway, I did went there 3 weeks ago, and all they say was it wasn't ready and there's nothing I can do about it.

This post has been edited by GetUrAssKicked: Aug 7 2018, 02:49 PM
oxJustMexo
post Aug 7 2018, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

Maybe you can contact back Asus ask for the contact details of the Sri Computer saying that they have not response to you ?
claudetan
post Aug 7 2018, 02:58 PM

On my way
690 posts

QUOTE(GetUrAssKicked @ Aug 7 2018, 02:34 PM)
Hi Folks,

im speechless, Asus Service center just above sri computer ..... why dont you directly send to Asus?
triad
post Aug 7 2018, 03:03 PM

Casual
356 posts

Just ask them what the status, if not just file report to tribunal. They will obey.
TSGetUrAssKicked
post Aug 7 2018, 03:03 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(claudetan @ Aug 7 2018, 02:58 PM)
im speechless, Asus Service center just above sri computer ..... why dont you directly send to Asus?
Because I only learned from you that Asus Service Center is just above Sri Computer's. Anyway, I didn't had much though on it at that moment and I believed it's normal for people who wouldn't had much though to send warranty back to the shop they had purchased the item haha. Am so regret now.
TSGetUrAssKicked
post Aug 7 2018, 03:05 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(triad @ Aug 7 2018, 03:03 PM)
Just ask them what the status, if not just file report to tribunal. They will obey.
Good to know that. Thanks!
TSGetUrAssKicked
post Aug 7 2018, 03:06 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(TristanX @ Aug 7 2018, 02:44 PM)
Try asking Asus again. Say Sri Computers is not responding at all.
Yeah, still pending for reply from Asus as well.
claudetan
post Aug 7 2018, 03:09 PM

On my way
690 posts

QUOTE(GetUrAssKicked @ Aug 7 2018, 03:03 PM)
Because I only learned from you that Asus Service Center is just above Sri Computer's. Anyway, I didn't had much though on it at that moment and I believed it's  normal for people who wouldn't had much though to send warranty back to the shop they had purchased the item haha. Am so regret now.
haha ... there a time that my mobo kena thunder strike, i sent to Atom computer (whole case), they help me RMA and said there's a RM30 charge, im ok with it.

However, when the mobo is RMA-ED, they said my case got static electric, cant boot up, force me to buy a new RM150 NZXT case, and they took my wireless module (my mobo kena strike twice, first time LAN bye bye, second time the mobo byebye).

Since then, i always send my part directly to distributor/service center for warranty.
TSGetUrAssKicked
post Aug 7 2018, 03:39 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(claudetan @ Aug 7 2018, 03:09 PM)
haha ... there a time that my mobo kena thunder strike, i sent to Atom computer (whole case), they help me RMA and said there's a RM30 charge, im ok with it.

However, when the mobo is RMA-ED, they said my case got static electric, cant boot up, force me to buy a new RM150 NZXT case, and they took my wireless module (my mobo kena strike twice, first time LAN bye bye, second time the mobo byebye).

Since then, i always send my part directly to distributor/service center for warranty.
Yeah, good lesson to be learnt. Anyway, I am sure this will be my last purchase from Sri Computers.
techjunkie
post Aug 9 2018, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

I am also having a not-so-nice experience with this Sri Computers at Low Yat Plaza. Bought a headphone in January this yr and need to send in for warranty claim. They wanted to charge me RM15.00 for svs fee saying it is already more than 3 months!

I protested cos it is written warranty is 1 yr. Then they asked me to send the product directly to the center somewhere in Ampang instead.

I previously bought fm Viewnet Computer System - just 1 flr above them and had no warranty issues at all.

I will definitely boycott this Sri Computer.

TSGetUrAssKicked
post Aug 14 2018, 11:01 AM

45 posts

Hi all,

Just to update that I had finally received back my graphic cards from Sri Computer. Their warranty status magically changed from pending for pick up to ready for pick up immediately after I show them the conversation between me & Asus Malaysia & threaten them to file a report to tribunal. Thanks for all the advice & suggestions provided.

This post has been edited by GetUrAssKicked: Aug 14 2018, 11:02 AM
quarantined
post Aug 14 2018, 12:00 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

Thanks for sharing, We shouldn't support shops that are incompetent.
derthvadar
post Aug 15 2018, 10:30 AM

(ง •̀_•́)ง
1,690 posts

QUOTE(GetUrAssKicked @ Aug 14 2018, 11:01 AM)
Hi all,

Just to update that I had finally received back my graphic cards from Sri Computer. Their warranty status magically changed from pending for pick up to ready for pick up immediately after I show them the conversation between me & Asus Malaysia & threaten them to file a report to tribunal. Thanks for all the advice & suggestions provided.
Glad to hear your problem is now resolved.

I hope someone report them.
HMMaster
post Aug 15 2018, 02:10 PM

10K Club
Group Icon
10,308 posts

Hi all,

I wonder why they want to hold your GPU. They can't gain anything from it.
Shoot@M3
post Aug 15 2018, 03:15 PM

=|| elf ||=
1,326 posts

malas check bah tu, sometimes busy talking with liang mois there
sri computer i always go there find small small parts cos i see their prices cheapher than viewnet or all IT
i'm from sabah but that is what i observed la
so far i buy cheap parts only so its ok
Skylinestar
post Aug 15 2018, 07:47 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

Hi all,

hope they don't use your card to mine
TSGetUrAssKicked
post Aug 16 2018, 02:42 PM

45 posts

I just resent 1 of the 2 graphics card that I received back from warranty to warranty again. Apparently, 1 of the card is somehow defective. Under normal usage, it has no issue at all. However, when I started to play graphics intensive games, my screen starts to flicker. After flickering for 10~20 seconds, my pc rebooted. I ended up no choice but to resend for warranty as I couldn't game on it at all. And yes, I am smart enough to send it directly to Asus Service Center in Lowyat this time :-)

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:27 PM