Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

beers & gastric

views

TSdamianlyy
post Aug 7 2018, 10:32 AM, updated 6y ago

5 posts

so i have a gastric problem. it usually happens after lunch if i eat on an empty stomach or didnt drink water before my meal.

anyway, i once heard my friend (woman) saying that whenever she has a painful period, she would drink beer and it reliefs her from pain.

i know its a totally different situation (im a guy), but i gave it a try one day when i was having gastric and 15-20 minutes after that, i immediately felt relieve from gastric.

it has worked every single time ever since. whenever i have gastric, i drink a can or two of beer and im immediately relieved of gastric.

im wondering if anyone else has tried this? and worked?
lowlowc
post Aug 8 2018, 12:18 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(damianlyy @ Aug 7 2018, 10:32 AM)
so i have a gastric problem. it usually happens after lunch if i eat on an empty stomach or didnt drink water before my meal.

anyway, i once heard my friend (woman) saying that whenever she has a painful period, she would drink beer and it reliefs her from pain.

i know its a totally different situation (im a guy), but i gave it a try one day when i was having gastric and 15-20 minutes after that, i immediately felt relieve from gastric.

it has worked every single time ever since. whenever i have gastric, i drink a can or two of beer and im immediately relieved of gastric.

im wondering if anyone else has tried this? and worked?
No, I will throw up if I drink anything alcoholic or caffeinated even when I am having mildest gastric.
It's better for you to just prevent gastric by not skipping meal, have good breakfast, have light meal whenever you feel hungry. I know sometimes work gets in the way, but making drinking a pack of soy milk or making some chocolate drink (provided you don't have adverse effect to these), and getting a small sandwich will do in between busy schedule. Frequent gastric is not good for your stomach lining.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Aug 8 2018, 12:20 PM
Wonder_Me
post Aug 17 2018, 04:20 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

Ginger tea helps!!
If you like non sweet 1 you can buy your own ginger slice it and boil it.
It helps a lot!
Eurobeater
post Aug 20 2018, 06:11 PM

Kancil Dorifto!
1,184 posts

I think there should be plenty of far better (and cheaper) options than beer. Even the store bought ENO, is a better choice anyhow. Don't go try something that is not recommended by doctors.
TSdamianlyy
post Aug 23 2018, 11:42 AM

5 posts

i have tried gaviscon, eno, and pills directly from pharmacy for gastric relief medication, but nothing has ever work. usually my gastric lasts till the next day.

by far beer has been the only that worked, and almost instantly. although im a lil worried too of what the effects might be in longer term. thats why i started this thread to see if this works for anyone else other than me lol

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.69    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:14 PM