Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> GTX970 random flickering during gaming

cts0418
post Aug 6 2018, 10:28 PM, updated 5d ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi Guys,

I was having this weird issue whereby while playing certain games (so far only open world game), i'll be facing these random flickering around the screen. I have recorded down a video while playing just cause 3.
https://youtu.be/C3DESTCF5Tk
The issue seems to only happen while it is trying to render those far object, in the video i had tried to look at the sky and ground and during that moment the issue doesnt seems to happen.

Other than just cause 3, I'm also facing this issue in GTA V but weirdly it only happens on direct x 11, if i try to switch to direct x 10 in GTA V, this problem doesn't happen anymore, but this can only be apply to those game with the direct x selection.

had tried format windows, update all the drivers, re-seat gpu issue still the same. rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

Any advice is greatly appreciated notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by cts0418: Aug 6 2018, 10:28 PM
edministrator
post Aug 6 2018, 10:31 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Looks like vram issue. Is your GTX970 overclocked or factory overclocked? Try to install Afterburner and reduce the ram speed, and load the same game again to see if the problem persists. Good luck.
WiiPS3_74
post Aug 7 2018, 09:45 AM

I simply just don't reply

Looks like video card RAM issue. Most GPU have 2 year warranty hopefully can RMA it. Is there a BIOS update for your GPU (Graphic Processing Unit/Graphic card) from the manufacturer?
2ndly, you don't experience random crashing during gaming/work on your PC, it so ,it might be system RAM issues
joefbi
post Aug 10 2018, 03:46 PM

joefbi a.k.a roketx

mind to share ur PSU spec?
cts0418
post Aug 12 2018, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(edministrator @ Aug 6 2018, 10:31 PM)
Looks like vram issue. Is your GTX970 overclocked or factory overclocked? Try to install Afterburner and reduce the ram speed, and load the same game again to see if the problem persists. Good luck.
Tried to reduce memory speed but still no luck sad.gif

QUOTE(WiiPS3_74 @ Aug 7 2018, 09:45 AM)
Looks like video card RAM issue. Most GPU have 2 year warranty hopefully can RMA it. Is there a BIOS update for your GPU (Graphic Processing Unit/Graphic card) from the manufacturer?
2ndly, you don't experience random crashing during gaming/work on your PC, it so ,it might be system RAM issues
Sadly the warranty period is already over, using latest bios edy and tried to remove 4 ram and test one by one but the problem still occur so doesn't seems to be related to ram.

QUOTE(joefbi @ Aug 10 2018, 03:46 PM)
mind to share ur PSU spec?
It's a 550w seasonic psu

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0569sec    6.09    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 12:19 AM