Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

NEED HELP- Streamyx router keep lost connection

views

TSmax09
post Aug 4 2018, 03:22 PM, updated 6y ago

8 posts

Hi sifus,

lately my Streamyx router keep on losing connection (the wifi led turn red and sometimes not light up at all)

tried to call TM CS (100), they said maybe the wire are broken ( we check the wire and it still ok),

call the CS for 2nd time, they said the router need to be replace and RM 200+ is needed.

so is my router is really broken? confused.gif
arc_archive
post Aug 4 2018, 03:37 PM

Casual
386 posts

How come they asked you to pay for the router?

Last time my router got problem, I've just bring the problematic router to TM Point and they replaced me with a new one without charges.
TSmax09
post Aug 4 2018, 04:14 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(arc_archive @ Aug 4 2018, 03:37 PM)
How come they asked you to pay for the router?

Last time my router got problem, I've just bring the problematic router to TM Point and they replaced me with a new one without charges.
they said that the router is out of warranty already so need to pay
netmatrix
post Aug 4 2018, 05:07 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

Streamyx. You should be looking at the ADSL splitter and also the telephone wire condition in your house. Sometimes broken due to one reason or another. ADSL filter can be faulty from electrical damage or bad connection.

You can try to use direct cable bypassing the ADSL filter to modem/ router and see if it solves your problem. If it does, get a new ADSL filter. If phone is not necessary, just run direct.

Else the problem might really be due to faulty router modem. So buying one is the only solution. Brands like D-Link & TP-Link cost less than RM100. The rest cost slightly more.

This post has been edited by netmatrix: Aug 4 2018, 05:09 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:03 AM