87 Pages « < 72 73 74 75 76 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Atheists Agnostics Assemble, Ask and your answer will be served

views

TSSpear2
post May 15 2019, 04:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,443 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ May 15 2019, 02:55 PM)
because if it's random, you don't have any control over it. Although, there are individuals that let their mind run around with little control over it.

you can choose to do certain things, for instance, writing in this forum. That itself, is not a random act. There is a will exerted over the action. A forerunner, a preeminent that triggers everything else to happen.

you can look at the brain as the hardware. There is a software behind it. A lot of words for that, soul, mind, spirit, consciousness, self, etc.
But software cannot exist without hardware right? IOW software is just a manifestation of hardware, not some separate entity, just like rules how the brain operates. For example as an analogy, rule number 1, desire to act is formed when brain cells impulses reach 10.
puchongite
post May 15 2019, 07:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,543 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ May 15 2019, 02:25 PM)
So you believe there is only natural physical law?

No natural law for the mind?
I really wonder what is considered natural law for the mind ?

Found this from Google :-

https://lifestyle.allwomenstalk.com/natural...m-to-your-life/

That seems to cater for doing positive reinforcement to ones mental well-being and possibly also improve physical health.

I don't see this is as a contradiction to natural physical law. I think to certain extent the mind could be trained to release good hormones that can improve our well being.

This post has been edited by puchongite: May 15 2019, 07:07 PM
will4848
post May 15 2019, 08:09 PM

UNKNOWN
1,436 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ May 15 2019, 02:02 PM)
Cannot exist means don't exist lah! Hello!???! As suspected, all your arguments are because your comprehension is weak and you won't acknowledge that by reading then understanding it.
if dont exist then where the hell u get "god have envy n lust" ??
only u people belief in "u can proved thing that dont exist" ...
try to tell this to your friend.... hey, bro, i can proved thing that dont exist even they dont exist ..
see got anybody belief u or not ...
will4848
post May 15 2019, 08:14 PM

UNKNOWN
1,436 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ May 15 2019, 02:05 PM)
will4848 is another crackpot, claims to be a Buddhist but lie thru his teeth.
so i say u cannot prove thing that dont exist is a lie ??
sometime also dont know what kind of brain u have ? puke.gif
will4848
post May 15 2019, 08:30 PM

UNKNOWN
1,436 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ May 15 2019, 01:57 PM)
Why are you tap dancing again? You can or cannot imagine a being with superpowers because this answer is central to your argument?
actually no need to waste time, once u can accept "u can proved thing that dont exist" .....
obviously we are not the same, those imagine or cannot imagine not important anymore ...
puchongite
post May 15 2019, 08:41 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,543 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ May 15 2019, 08:14 PM)
so i say u cannot prove thing that dont exist is a lie ??
sometime also dont know what kind of brain u have ?  puke.gif
Yes, we are telling you we CAN prove something SPECIFIC cannot exist.

Cannot prove a negative is a myth.

We prove negative everyday.

Is there a chicken in your car ? Just search your car then. Your car has no chicken, then the chicken does not exist in your car.

A generic arbitrary God cannot be proven not to exist. But a specific God - the almighty, all knowing and all moral God - CAN be proven not to exist.
Lionel90
post May 15 2019, 10:22 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,099 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ May 15 2019, 08:09 PM)
if dont exist then where the hell u get "god have envy n lust" ??
only u people belief in "u can proved thing that dont exist" ...
try to tell this to your friend.... hey, bro, i can proved thing that dont exist even they dont exist ..
see got anybody belief u or not ...
doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
Stop being stupid and read till you understand this for a change:
Step 1: Abrahamic religions believers claim that their God is all knowing and morally upright.
Step 2: That atheist says, IF God is all knowing then logically He would have known lust and envy.
Step 3: IF He knows those, then He cannot be morally upright.
Step 4: Therefore logically He cannot be all-knowing and morally upright.
Step 5: Therefore logically that God as claimed by Abrahamic religions believers to be all knowing and morally upright cannot (or in another word, doesn't) exist.

Nobody is saying God doesn't exist because God have envy and lust, it simply doesn't make sense, even someone as stupid as you are know it doesn't make sense. I have to repeat for the 101th time, that claim is about that specific God, not all God(s). In another way, it means a God cannot be all knowing and morally upright at the same time, if He indeed exist. Get it?
Now, if you still insist, tell me, where is (are) the flaws in the above logical deduction?

And also, it's not impossible to prove things don't exist, example if I say I don't have RM50 in my wallet, I can open my wallet to show you. But it's a wholly different matter when it comes to thing that's not defined or even sighted in the first place like God.

This post has been edited by Lionel90: May 15 2019, 10:37 PM
TSSpear2
post May 16 2019, 08:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,443 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ May 15 2019, 08:30 PM)
actually no need to waste time, once u can accept "u can proved thing that dont exist" .....
obviously we are not the same, those imagine or cannot imagine not important anymore ...
But it is important. Can you imagine a being with superpowers?
puchongite
post May 20 2019, 09:25 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,543 posts

This is said by the the video maker :-

It’s often said by skeptics and scientists that ‘You can’t prove a negative’ or that ‘It’s impossible to prove that god doesn’t exist’. Hell, I even used to say this, but it’s simply not true… you can prove a negative, and you can prove that god doesn’t exist (depending on the definition of god)... This, is You Can’t Prove That God Doesn’t Exist – Debunked.

TSSpear2
post May 20 2019, 10:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,443 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ May 20 2019, 09:25 AM)

It’s often said by skeptics and scientists that ‘You can’t prove a negative’ or that ‘It’s impossible to prove that god doesn’t exist’. Hell, I even used to say this, but it’s simply not true… you can prove a negative, and you can prove that god doesn’t exist (depending on the definition of god)... This, is You Can’t Prove That God Doesn’t Exist – Debunked.

The definition of God provides you with claims about the world which overlap with (scientific) facts, which you then use to prove that these claims are fallacious thus this God (definition) does not exist.
will4848
post May 22 2019, 02:32 PM

UNKNOWN
1,436 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ May 15 2019, 08:41 PM)
Yes, we are telling you we CAN prove something SPECIFIC cannot exist.

Cannot prove a negative is a myth.

We prove negative everyday.

Is there a chicken in your car ? Just search your car then. Your car has no chicken, then the chicken does not exist in your car.

A generic arbitrary God cannot be proven not to exist. But a specific God - the almighty, all knowing and all moral God - CAN be proven not to exist.
QUOTE(puchongite @ May 20 2019, 09:25 AM)

actually do u really know why scientists can not prove that "god doesnt exist" ??

pls think a little bit here ... tongue.gif tongue.gif
will4848
post May 22 2019, 02:43 PM

UNKNOWN
1,436 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ May 15 2019, 10:22 PM)
doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
Stop being stupid and read till you understand this for a change:
Step 1: Abrahamic religions believers claim that their God is all knowing and morally upright.
Step 2: That atheist says, IF God is all knowing then logically He would have known lust and envy.
Step 3: IF He knows those, then He cannot be morally upright.
Step 4: Therefore logically He cannot be all-knowing and morally upright.
Step 5: Therefore logically that God as claimed by Abrahamic religions believers to be all knowing and morally upright cannot (or in another word, doesn't) exist.

Nobody is saying God doesn't exist because God have envy and lust, it simply doesn't make sense, even someone as stupid as you are know it doesn't make sense. I have to repeat for the 101th time, that claim is about that specific God, not all God(s). In another way, it means a God cannot be all knowing and morally upright at the same time, if He indeed exist. Get it?
Now, if you still insist, tell me, where is (are) the flaws in the above logical deduction?
And also, it's not impossible to prove things don't exist, example if I say I don't have RM50 in my wallet, I can open my wallet to show you. But it's a wholly different matter when it comes to thing that's not defined or even sighted in the first place like God.
let me ask u sumthing, if god or Abrahamic god cannot exist, so what are u proving all the while ?? brows.gif
TSSpear2
post May 22 2019, 02:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,443 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ May 22 2019, 02:32 PM)
actually do u really know why scientists can not prove that "god doesnt exist" ??

pls think a little bit here ... tongue.gif  tongue.gif
Can you imagine a being with super powers? There you find the answer to the question above.
Lionel90
post May 22 2019, 03:14 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,099 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ May 22 2019, 02:43 PM)
let me ask u sumthing, if god or Abrahamic god cannot exist, so what are u proving all the while ??  brows.gif
You highlighted what I said in red, but you don't even understand what it means? Look at what is the step 1, it doesn't start with atheists saying God doesn't exist. Stop making your stupid assumption and argue with your own assumption. I have already listed out the steps clearly that even a 5 year old should be able to understand, at this rate you are simply stupid beyond any help or just freaking dishonest.

Instead of you asking me, how about you answer my question about what is flawed in the logical deduction there?

This post has been edited by Lionel90: May 22 2019, 03:18 PM
Lionel90
post May 22 2019, 03:23 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,099 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ May 22 2019, 02:32 PM)

pls think a little bit here ... tongue.gif  tongue.gif
Because who/what is God? Someone is claiming that God is energy in other threads here, so in that case, his God certainly exists, but that's not an universally accepted definition of God.

Not the answer? Pls englighten us all!
will4848
post May 22 2019, 03:27 PM

UNKNOWN
1,436 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ May 22 2019, 03:14 PM)
You highlighted what I said in red, but you don't even understand what it means? Look at what is the step 1, it doesn't start with atheists saying God doesn't exist. Stop making your stupid assumption and argue with your own assumption. I have already listed out the steps clearly that even a 5 year old should be able to understand, at this rate you are simply stupid beyond any help or just freaking dishonest.

Instead of you asking me, how about you answer my question about what is flawed in the logical deduction there?
simple, becos the whole thing is just a "thought" but u all think the content of the thought is "real".....
so u think u can use your own logic(imagination) n prove it that "god dont exist"....
remember when the first time we argue, i said that is just your own imagination ? nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif
will4848
post May 22 2019, 03:32 PM

UNKNOWN
1,436 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ May 22 2019, 03:23 PM)
Because who/what is God? Someone is claiming that God is energy in other threads here, so in that case, his God certainly exists, but that's not an universally accepted definition of God.

Not the answer? Pls englighten us all!
if he think God is energy then u should ask him to prove ma ... doh.gif doh.gif
as i already said, this is his thought .....i cant explain his thought ...
now u can try to use back the method like u did last time n prove that god is not energy ... see can work or not whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif
Lionel90
post May 22 2019, 03:36 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,099 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ May 22 2019, 03:27 PM)
simple, becos the whole thing is just a "thought" but u all think the content of the thought is "real".....
so u think u can use your own logic(imagination) n prove it that "god dont exist"....
remember when the first time we argue, i said that is just your own imagination ?  nod.gif  nod.gif  nod.gif
I don't care what you wanna talk about imagination, when it's all logical deduction. And I have repeated for the 100th time that it doesn't prove that God doesn't exist, but rather an all-knowing and morally right God cannot exist, it's simply dishonest for you to keep repeating the former when it's only you who is thinking that's what it's trying to prove. Explained and explained, yet you pretend like no one ever explained to you.

Asked you to tell me what's the flaw(s) in the logical deduction you wanna spin back to your 'imagination' bullshit.
Lionel90
post May 22 2019, 03:38 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,099 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ May 22 2019, 03:32 PM)
if he think God is energy then u should ask him to prove ma ...  doh.gif  doh.gif
as i already said, this is his thought .....i cant explain his thought ...
now u can try to use back the method like u did last time n prove that god is not energy ... see can work or not  whistling.gif  whistling.gif  whistling.gif
You are really a master of assumptions, where did I ask you to prove anything? I'm telling you how things are at the moment.
Pls tell us, why are scientists unable to prove that God doesn't exist if what I said is not according to your thoughts? Pls share your thoughts.
TSSpear2
post May 22 2019, 03:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,443 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ May 22 2019, 03:36 PM)
I don't care what you wanna talk about imagination, when it's all logical deduction. And I have repeated for the 100th time that it doesn't prove that God doesn't exist, but rather an all-knowing and morally right God cannot exist, it's simply dishonest for you to keep repeating the former when it's only you who is thinking that's what it's trying to prove. Explained and explained, yet you pretend like no one ever explained to you.

Asked you to tell me what's the flaw(s) in the logical deduction you wanna spin back to your 'imagination' bullshit.
It will be amusing if will4848 can spar with matheism with the arbiter, our long time friend chatter77, it would have made a sparkling sitcom for weeks. smile.gif

87 Pages « < 72 73 74 75 76 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0666sec    1.05    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 12:52 AM