Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Toyota Alphard needs local FM radio

views

TSMaxGadgetShop
post Aug 3 2018, 01:35 PM, updated 6y ago

8 posts

hi all sifu,

bought a japan imported Toyota Alphard. I wanna keep everything original. Dont wanna replace the OEC HU system.

I just wanna listen to local FM radio thats all. I dont need those Android system, mirrorlink or any fancy add on.

They told me only need to add on a FM converter will do. NO need cut any wires. Just plug and play will do.

Any recommendations for the FM converter? only few hundred ringgit right? Thank again all sifu.
joefbi
post Aug 10 2018, 04:10 PM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

do ask at acc shop sure they have many type of converter.

1. converter with control panel, they sent wireless signal to your radio to transmit the audio via static frequency. (the concept is the same with cig lighter MP3 player).
- sample picture: http://sgwangacc.com.my/image/cache/catalo...acc-500x500.jpg

2. in-line antenna converter/booster. u can get malaysian radio channel, only the frequency shows the different number e.g 95.8 for flyFM in KL area, but ur radio may show 88.0 instead and so on for all radio channel (this because japanese radio channel only show from 76 to 95mhz only). They are many type and design also.
- sample picture: http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_223986_1.jpg

its up to you then which one u prefer..
TSMaxGadgetShop
post Aug 11 2018, 02:34 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(joefbi @ Aug 10 2018, 04:10 PM)
do ask at acc shop sure they have many type of converter.

1. converter with control panel, they sent wireless signal to your radio to transmit the audio via static frequency. (the concept is the same with cig lighter MP3 player).
- sample picture: http://sgwangacc.com.my/image/cache/catalo...acc-500x500.jpg

2. in-line antenna converter/booster. u can get malaysian radio channel, only the frequency shows the different number e.g 95.8 for flyFM in KL area, but ur radio may show 88.0 instead and so on for all radio channel (this because japanese radio channel only show from 76 to 95mhz only). They are many type and design also.
- sample picture: http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_223986_1.jpg

its up to you then which one u prefer..
thank you so much for sharing bro. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif AP car really troublesome.
Oldskolboyz
post Aug 21 2018, 10:26 PM

Regular
1,422 posts

QUOTE(MaxGadgetShop @ Aug 3 2018, 01:35 PM)
hi all sifu,

bought a japan imported Toyota Alphard. I wanna keep everything original. Dont wanna replace the OEC HU system.

I just wanna listen to local FM radio thats all. I dont need those Android system, mirrorlink or any fancy add on.

They told me only need to add on a FM converter will do. NO need cut any wires. Just plug and play will do.

Any recommendations for the FM converter? only few hundred ringgit right? Thank again all sifu.
Some shop have better solution no need converter but update the HU sofware.. but forgot which shop.. haa haa.. still waiting it will pop up again in my facebook..

JDM Technik, Cheras..

This post has been edited by Oldskolboyz: Aug 21 2018, 10:53 PM
TSMaxGadgetShop
post Aug 24 2018, 10:58 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(Oldskolboyz @ Aug 21 2018, 10:26 PM)
Some shop have better solution no need converter but update the HU sofware.. but forgot which shop.. haa haa.. still waiting it will pop up again in my facebook..

JDM Technik, Cheras..
is like upgrade to local firmware will make the radio works? wow i didnt know abt that. thanks alot bro for sharing. have to ask them.
Jessieccy
post Aug 30 2018, 07:10 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

My friend eventually got a common 7" new head unit. Plus with some minor add ons like tweeter. Android, with navigation, USB, Bluetooth... Etc. Roughly rm2k more worth it in value. But it looks way smaller. It meets his requirement, local radio and USB.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:43 PM