Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Recommendation for my AMD desktop, Need to upgrade for gaming purpose

views

TSjlyeow
post Aug 1 2018, 03:10 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
99 posts

Hi all. I have an AMD set self-built quite a couple of years ago. Everything works well with the PC albeit a little slow when it comes to modern gaming requirement. Below are the specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 635 (2.9 Ghz).
MOBO: ASUS (can't remember its model) AM3+ socket.
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: ASUS RADEON HD7750 1GB GDDR5
PSU: Cooler Master 450W Bronze
HDD: 500GB WD Black
Monitor: 43' Sony W800 LED TV in 1080p.

Based on the above spec, they are pretty old and it's good enough to play CS:GO in a small map (large map will cause lagging). Is this unit worth any upgrading? Looks like most of the items are obsolete right?

How much will I need to fork out for a decent gaming rig (which is good enough to play PUBG, CS:GO, COD:WW2, etc.)?

Appreciate any suggestions here. Cheers. wink.gif
loki
post Aug 1 2018, 03:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,086 posts

processor, mb, gpu, ssd, psu

get a GPU and PSU upgrade,

This post has been edited by loki: Aug 1 2018, 03:15 PM
sammm33
post Aug 1 2018, 03:21 PM

On my way
639 posts

since you did not state any budget, if you ask me , i will upgrade the entire thing. all still seems usable , but really outdated, not much can re-use during an upgrade aside the hard drive...

if you have really, really limited budget, you can start with hard disk change to a SSD, and see if you happy with the improvement or not. budget around rm300.

if still not happy , get a higher psu (time to change since ur PSU many years ady i guess) and change to a better GPU such as a 1060... at this point budget should be around 1600-1700 for the GPU and PSU only....

if still not satisfy then only proceed with the motherboard, ram and CPU, maybe an i5 or something ... this one i let the sifu sifu tell you better

This post has been edited by sammm33: Aug 1 2018, 03:22 PM
icp
post Aug 1 2018, 03:27 PM

Casual
478 posts

state ur budget so we can help
else,u can always play pubg emulator with that rig
derthvadar
post Aug 1 2018, 04:29 PM

(ง •̀_•́)ง
1,690 posts

How much you willing to spend?

Just change the CPU, Motherboard and RAM first.
TSjlyeow
post Aug 2 2018, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(sammm33 @ Aug 1 2018, 03:21 PM)
since you did not state any budget, if you ask me , i will upgrade the entire thing. all still seems usable , but really outdated, not much can re-use during an upgrade aside the hard drive...

if you have really, really limited budget, you can start with hard disk change to a SSD, and see if you happy with the improvement or not. budget around rm300.

if still not happy , get a higher psu (time to change since ur PSU many years ady i guess) and change to a better GPU such as a 1060... at this point budget should be around 1600-1700 for the GPU and PSU only....

if still not satisfy then only proceed with the motherboard, ram and CPU, maybe an i5 or something ... this one i let the sifu sifu tell you better
Thanks sammm33 for your advice. Indeed most of the modern games are out of reach for my PC spec now. It's only good for normal task such as watching Youtube, surfing the internet, doing Words or Excel, etc. nod.gif

QUOTE(icp @ Aug 1 2018, 03:27 PM)
state ur budget so we can help
else,u can always play pubg emulator with that rig
Thanks icp. How does this PUBG Emulator work? blink.gif

QUOTE(derthvadar @ Aug 1 2018, 04:29 PM)
How much you willing to spend?

Just change the CPU, Motherboard and RAM first.
Thanks derthvadar. At first I was thinking of upgrading the parts. But thinking it further, it just doesn't sound worth it. Might as well go for a brand new rig with a budget of RM 3-4k? blush.gif

QUOTE(Kristal.S @ Aug 1 2018, 10:44 PM)
I'd say 3-4k rig will be good enough for a decent 1080p gaming rig. If need some suggestions, feel free to ask smile.gif
Thanks Kristal.S. What would you recommend for a RM 3-4k gaming rig? Should I go for Intel or AMD? Thanks for advising. wink.gif

icp
post Aug 2 2018, 02:59 PM

Casual
478 posts

google tencent pubg
play pubg emulator in pc
TSjlyeow
post Aug 2 2018, 04:34 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(icp @ Aug 2 2018, 02:59 PM)
google tencent pubg