> What to buy with 1.5M?

views

BEANCOUNTER
post Sep 1 2018, 10:39 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(beleebala @ Sep 1 2018, 09:50 AM)
Good questions. I am asking myself these questions as well.

1. Close to city but not as crowded as MK.
2. Driving no problem
3. This one I don't know as I don't know KL well enough. Can you live with just public transportation in KL? We can (have to) do that in HK.
4. I am ok with city but again, just not as dense as in MK.
5. Driving is OK

I am looking into semi-retirement, but I am still in my 40's so I still want to do a lot of activities.

Thanks guys for your advice.
one thing for sure, city to city comparision, no area in kul will be as densed as HKG..... devil.gif
at worst, maybe part of KUL will be like SG.

If MK is out, and you don't mind living in highrise, I can say try to look at the following areas

1. KLCC vicinity - roomy environment, poshy area (as far as Malaysia is concerned, walkable distance to train station.
2. Bukit Bintang - a bit of old charm, access to local Chinese food (imbi, pudu), walkable distance to train station.
3. desa park city - well received by expatriates, mixed of landed and highrises. BUT no train station within walking distance.
4. Damansara heights City- newly built area for highrises. walkable to train station. Posh area. landed there are for VIPs and mostly landed.

5. Bangsar - mixed of landed, new and old highrises. Unless you choose one that close to train station, otherwise still need to drive.

I wont list down building or project names here, There are just too many. you need to look at the map, and go there do your due diligents or call up agents and ask them to take you there.

seriously i wont consider any other areas beside the above. the rest of areas are more local escentric. Petaling Jaya and Subang also good for ownstay but this is because i can associate with these areas, but i am not sure about foreigner.

happy hunting

p/s - just a side note - personally one cant live with just train services in KUL or Klang Valley. Malaysia is a wider place and many interesting places you still need to drive or more pleasant if you drive. But live next to train station can take some of the edges off your daily routine. You stiill need car for weekend or occassionally weekdays runabout.

Syahrim Naim
post Sep 2 2018, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
249 posts

Mont Kiara is a good area. You want to have a flexible unit which you can use for own stay, and would be able to sell when required. So MK is crowded as you said is actually good. I did not see MK as a crowded area, but a good area which is still undervalued. Good project is still available there anyways.

This post has been edited by Syahrim Naim: Sep 2 2018, 08:40 PM
Fearsomepuppy
post Sep 18 2018, 11:30 PM

12 posts

I've a similar background to the OP having lived previously in HK before coming to KL under MM2H and then buying property. My advice would be to land in KL first and try and rent a short term lease for 6 months to really get to know the different areas first.

As the property market is pretty depressed currently its a good time to buy but there's no huge rush as it'll take time before it picks up with the oversupply despite oil prices rising. Key things to note is the currency exchange as assume the OP is converting from HKD, the cap gains tax in the first 5 years and other local laws with purchasing property (as well as the fact that it can often take 6 mths to complete in Malaysia).

Personally, I like the KLCC area as it's close to the centre of everything and coming from living in much more densely populated cities I don't feel overcrowded. As I don't work traffic is not a problem as I'm usually going against the flow.

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:26 AM