Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version

views

TSky.syko
post Jul 30 2018, 08:18 PM, updated 6y ago

14 posts

I've just did a clean windows reformat on my Dell G7 laptop. And as i was trying to reinstall my nvidia driver (398.36) , it just wont work. It says that nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

Then i tried downloading geforce experience and found out that my driver is actually 397.93. So i downloaded that patch and it still didn't work.

I've updated my windows, updated my BIOS firmware. Tried all kind of stuff and it just wouldn't work

Someone please help me before i lose all my hair.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
zuozi
post Jul 30 2018, 08:24 PM

Enthusiast
881 posts

QUOTE(ky.syko @ Jul 30 2018, 08:18 PM)
I've just did a clean windows reformat on my Dell G7 laptop. And as i was trying to reinstall my nvidia driver (398.36) , it just wont work. It says that nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

Then i tried downloading geforce experience and found out that my driver is actually 397.93. So i downloaded that patch and it still didn't work.

I've updated my windows, updated my BIOS firmware. Tried all kind of stuff and it just wouldn't work

i guess u have to install the intel UHD first before install nvidia driver
sickworms
post Jul 30 2018, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

what version of windows are you using on your dell laptop now ?
GarubaSwey
post Jul 30 2018, 08:28 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

u need to get the drivers from dell website
https://www.dell.com/support/home/my/en/myd...-laptop/drivers

TSky.syko
post Jul 30 2018, 10:52 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(GarubaSwey @ Jul 30 2018, 08:28 PM)
u need to get the drivers from dell website
https://www.dell.com/support/home/my/en/myd...-laptop/drivers
Oh thank you so much you solved my problem.
nambtr
post Oct 31 2018, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(ky.syko @ Jul 30 2018, 08:18 PM)

Is your laptop comes with Recovery System with original Windows license?
If do, then it shouldn't be problem to upgrade your Nvidia driver to latest version.

If your laptop itself don't come with the original license windows, and you install the pirated one, then you need to download all the drivers for your laptop, and install all properly. After that only you install this Nvidia driver.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:12 AM