Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aircond Compressor Oil, What Brand ?

views

TSsitescope
post Sep 18 2018, 01:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Sep 17 2018, 10:19 PM)
A lot of people think aircond compressor oil is like engine oil where you need to replace it as it will get dirty.

Fact is aircond compressor oil actually flows within the whole aircond sytem which will then keeps the compressor lubricated. There is no need to replace the oil unless the mechanic have a special machine to extract the old oil and pump the new oil in.
I got mix feeling about this
Google especially in car maintenance thread some say yes some say no

QUOTE(LemonKnight @ Sep 17 2018, 10:54 PM)
Is your car a local Proton/Perodua car? I know a few shops that use a similar machine for half that. Of course, they will charge more if your car uses more gas like luxury cars.
Nope, just a cap ayam kia

QUOTE(wira_laju @ Sep 18 2018, 08:10 AM)
Change oil and gas only cost rm60.better than regret.i do every year..oil will get dirty same like engine oil..
😲😲
How come so cheap ?
To open the compr aldy got lot work to do
4WD_er
post Sep 18 2018, 02:10 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ Aug 1 2018, 08:43 AM)
you cant change out the lube yourself without having to use a recovery machine or oil separator.

without the recovery machine, you have to vent out refrigerant aka gas. at the very least, you will need to vacuum the system and recharge gas.

besides, PAG is engineered to hv excellent miscibility with refrigerant, so technically without some high-tech recovery machine that flush the system, you wont be able to clean out much old PAG from within the system i.e. condenser, hoses, evaporator etc..

but yes, you are right in saying changing the PAG regularly does prolong the life of compressor. my kancil compressor was 20yrs old and been through 400k km b4 got changed out prematurely by some sin kah len mech at my hometown. should hv reminded my dad to NOT listen to these stupid mech, who is out to just make money from unsuspecting clients.

my own wira compressor is already 12yrs old and done 250k km. also has it PAG changed regularly.
PAG change only applicable for clutch type compressor ? My wife Estima has those clutchless compressor whereby the compressor start spinning when engine start. It's the fins that start opening up when we switch on the air cond system. I was told that this type of compressor there is no PAG inside.
speedy3210
post Sep 18 2018, 06:56 PM

Casual
451 posts

QUOTE(4WD_er @ Sep 18 2018, 02:10 PM)
PAG change only applicable for clutch type compressor ?  My wife Estima has those clutchless compressor whereby the compressor start spinning when engine start.  It's the fins that start opening up when we switch on the air cond system.  I was told that this type of compressor there is no PAG inside.
Special estima?

No way there is no lube inside a mechanical part, unless it is designed to fail in the 1st place. If no PAG, maybe it uses POE which is de-facto lube for electric compressors used in hybrid/ev cars.
senscents
post Sep 18 2018, 09:37 PM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jul 30 2018, 04:36 PM)
Bet your aircond guy never tells you that compressor can be repaired, the internal parts can be replaced.

Every time aircond got problem replace compressor is the best.
It is good to know that the air cond compressor can be fix/repair. Mind sharing the location and phone.no
senscents
post Sep 18 2018, 09:47 PM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Sep 17 2018, 09:05 PM)
So last Sat managed to go to this 1 ekon shop at Kuang
I asked about compr oil replacement n they show 1 machine which can suck out n fill back the new oil
Cost about rm250... Hmmm
Manage to find any other shops which have a machine to vacuum and refilling

Greatly appreciate if any one has any info on the vacuum and refilling of car air-cond with machine, please do update. Tq
TSsitescope
post Sep 18 2018, 10:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jul 30 2018, 04:36 PM)
Bet your aircond guy never tells you that compressor can be repaired, the internal parts can be replaced.

Every time aircond got problem replace compressor is the best.
The prob is shop always give easy solutions
They dun wan repair n then if rosak again, u come over n blame them that they dunno how to repair bla bla bla
Effy92
post Sep 19 2018, 12:38 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(4WD_er @ Sep 18 2018, 02:10 PM)
PAG change only applicable for clutch type compressor ?  My wife Estima has those clutchless compressor whereby the compressor start spinning when engine start.  It's the fins that start opening up when we switch on the air cond system.  I was told that this type of compressor there is no PAG inside.
I notice forte 2nd gen also always spinning when turning on aircon.

Im wondering is this type of compressor comes with non local car that has heater funtion?
4WD_er
post Sep 19 2018, 10:27 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ Sep 18 2018, 06:56 PM)
Special estima?

No way there is no lube inside a mechanical part, unless it is designed to fail in the 1st place. If no PAG, maybe it uses POE which is de-facto lube for electric compressors used in hybrid/ev cars.
No, ACR30 towards 2004-2005 are using the clutchless type AC compressor. And all ACR50 are using the clutchless type too.
speedy3210
post Sep 19 2018, 12:01 PM

Casual
451 posts

Dunno if this reference is accurate or not, but it says otherwise, both acr30 and acr50 are using clutch type compressor.

ACR50 compressor

ACR30 compressor

From the part number, it is a Denso 6SEU16C unit. There is a video that show how to change its clutch on youtube.

scorgio
post Sep 19 2018, 09:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,571 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Sep 18 2018, 10:28 PM)
The prob is shop always give easy solutions
They dun wan repair n then if rosak again, u come over n blame them that they dunno how to repair bla bla bla
So the key is, we don't give biz to these shop that only give easy solution.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.66    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:25 AM