Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aircond Compressor Oil, What Brand ?

views

TSsitescope
post Jul 30 2018, 02:58 PM, updated 6y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

What brand/type oil use for aircond compressor ?
All car use same oil type ?
My car using R134A gas
popopi
post Jul 30 2018, 03:03 PM

Regular
1,194 posts

there is no need to change oil... just change the whole compressor... the oil are not suppose to leak...
this is what i understand from my aircond mechanic...
Lone Wolf X
post Jul 30 2018, 03:41 PM

On my way
628 posts

According to this local car aircond service shop they actually check the oil condition & level if it OK or not
Jump to this 2:05 minute mark

TSsitescope
post Jul 30 2018, 03:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(popopi @ Jul 30 2018, 03:03 PM)
there is no need to change oil... just change the whole compressor... the oil are not suppose to leak... 
Meaning that oil will nvr dirty ?

TSsitescope
post Jul 30 2018, 03:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(Lone Wolf X @ Jul 30 2018, 03:41 PM)
According to this  local car aircond service shop they actually check the oil condition & level if it OK or not
Jump to this 2:05 minute mark

So if need topap, what brand they use ?
Same for all cars ?
Lone Wolf X
post Jul 30 2018, 04:05 PM

On my way
628 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Jul 30 2018, 03:55 PM)
So if need topap, what brand they use ?
Same for all cars ?
Sorry but I don't know.
You can give these guys a ring at 0123004322
Or look them up at https://aircondstazione.com
scorgio
post Jul 30 2018, 04:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,571 posts

QUOTE(popopi @ Jul 30 2018, 03:03 PM)
Bet your aircond guy never tells you that compressor can be repaired, the internal parts can be replaced.

Every time aircond got problem replace compressor is the best.
SUSslimey
post Jul 30 2018, 04:40 PM

6,914 posts

If there is no leak just leave it be.
speedy3210
post Jul 31 2018, 06:06 PM

Casual
451 posts

Any brand that comply to ISO 46 will do. easiest to find is Denso ND8.

most small compressors used in passenger cars, even full sized mpv/suv are using this rating.
6UE5T
post Jul 31 2018, 06:37 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

For aircon oil, just leave it to the aircon workshop, no need to think much about it. As long as it's a good trustworthy workshop then it's good enough.
therain01
post Jul 31 2018, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

Most car aircon compressor use N8 oil. Only add oil if there was a leak. Some refrigerant comes with oil though.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Deja Vu
post Jul 31 2018, 09:15 PM

Regular
1,851 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Jul 31 2018, 08:56 PM)
Most car aircon compressor use N8 oil. Only add oil if there was a leak. Some refrigerant comes with oil though.
That`s one thing.

TS,
Do you know how to administer the oil if it's really needed?
TSsitescope
post Aug 1 2018, 08:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(Deja Vu @ Jul 31 2018, 09:15 PM)
That`s one thing.

TS,
Do you know how to administer the oil if it's really needed?
I dunno but heard people said to maint compr long life, replace its oil
In utube also they show the colour of the oil, brown compare yellow/oren if new

This post has been edited by sitescope: Aug 1 2018, 08:54 AM
speedy3210
post Aug 1 2018, 08:43 AM

Casual
451 posts

you cant change out the lube yourself without having to use a recovery machine or oil separator.

without the recovery machine, you have to vent out refrigerant aka gas. at the very least, you will need to vacuum the system and recharge gas.

besides, PAG is engineered to hv excellent miscibility with refrigerant, so technically without some high-tech recovery machine that flush the system, you wont be able to clean out much old PAG from within the system i.e. condenser, hoses, evaporator etc..

but yes, you are right in saying changing the PAG regularly does prolong the life of compressor. my kancil compressor was 20yrs old and been through 400k km b4 got changed out prematurely by some sin kah len mech at my hometown. should hv reminded my dad to NOT listen to these stupid mech, who is out to just make money from unsuspecting clients.

my own wira compressor is already 12yrs old and done 250k km. also has it PAG changed regularly.
TSsitescope
post Aug 1 2018, 09:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ Aug 1 2018, 08:43 AM)
you cant change out the lube yourself without having to use a recovery machine or oil separator.

without the recovery machine, you have to vent out refrigerant aka gas. at the very least, you will need to vacuum the system and recharge gas.

besides, PAG is engineered to hv excellent miscibility with refrigerant, so technically without some high-tech recovery machine that flush the system, you wont be able to clean out much old PAG from within the system i.e. condenser, hoses, evaporator etc..

but yes, you are right in saying changing the PAG regularly does prolong the life of compressor. my kancil compressor was 20yrs old and been through 400k km b4 got changed out prematurely by some sin kah len mech at my hometown. should hv reminded my dad to NOT listen to these stupid mech, who is out to just make money from unsuspecting clients.

my own wira compressor is already 12yrs old and done 250k km. also has it PAG changed regularly.
Of coz i'll not chg myself
But just wanna know if the oil use by the ekon shop is same across all R134A cars
At least can see n verify 1st before chg

Deja Vu
post Aug 1 2018, 09:05 AM

Regular
1,851 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Aug 1 2018, 08:10 AM)
I dunno but heard people said to main compr long life, replace its oil
In utube also they show the colour of the oil, brown compare yellow/oren if new
I'm no expert in the AC system, but I believe like most oils it's job is to lubricate moving components in the compressor, and with any contaminants and oil degradation it will eventually lead to excessive heat build up, friction and or possibly clogging if not maintained. So yes, in my opinion the oil would need to be checked and changed if needed.

So far I've met 2 types of aircon technicians
1. The old school fella that maintains "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". This is the type that would prefer to just top-up the gas, or would easily recommend replacing basically almost all the components of the system if there's signs of trouble, the latter's logic being that even if some parts are not at fault, it'll be like preventive maintenance and longer serviceable life, cause changing most of these parts can easily consume a lot of time and effort.

2. The guy that 'dares' to get dirty and takes the effort to diagnose the issue down to which component is the culprit. He usually would have the full scale gadgets and gizmos to do including what's mentioned in the video clip, and as mentioned by scorgio, might offer to repair the compressor like replacing the magnetic clutch instead of throwing in a recon compressor.
TSsitescope
post Sep 17 2018, 09:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

So last Sat managed to go to this 1 ekon shop at Kuang
I asked about compr oil replacement n they show 1 machine which can suck out n fill back the new oil
Cost about rm250... Hmmm

Thrust
post Sep 17 2018, 10:19 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

A lot of people think aircond compressor oil is like engine oil where you need to replace it as it will get dirty.

Fact is aircond compressor oil actually flows within the whole aircond sytem which will then keeps the compressor lubricated. There is no need to replace the oil unless the mechanic have a special machine to extract the old oil and pump the new oil in.

This post has been edited by Thrust: Sep 17 2018, 10:19 PM
LemonKnight
post Sep 17 2018, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Sep 17 2018, 09:05 PM)
So last Sat managed to go to this 1 ekon shop at Kuang
I asked about compr oil replacement n they show 1 machine which can suck out n fill back the new oil
Cost about rm250... Hmmm
Is your car a local Proton/Perodua car? I know a few shops that use a similar machine for half that. Of course, they will charge more if your car uses more gas like luxury cars.
wira_laju
post Sep 18 2018, 08:10 AM

Getting Started
235 posts

Change oil and gas only cost rm60.better than regret.i do every year..oil will get dirty same like engine oil..

This post has been edited by wira_laju: Sep 18 2018, 08:13 AM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:47 AM