Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Need Help, Boot Failure

views

TSDeathhunter
post Jul 27 2018, 09:42 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
217 posts

Hi,
for last few days I am facing a problem with my PC, PC runs fine, works ok too but takes longer to boot (it used to take around 3-5sec to boot which now takes around 2mins), & every night I completely shut down my pc before going to bed, the next morning when I turn on I end up with a boot failure error which says "New CPU Installed, System Intruded Fatal Error". Then I Just restart PC & it boots normally, if I dont shutdown pc for a long time then this doesnt happen & boots normally but if its off for a long while then this is the Error I get

Config
Motherboard - Asus Maximus V Gene
CPU - Ci5 3570k
RAM - 8GB
SSD - Intel (Boot drive)
HDD -WD 1TB + 1TB
GPU - GTX 1070.

Any help? Thanks smile.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
daluma
post Jul 27 2018, 09:50 AM

2 posts

Try changing the coin battery, maybe it is the bios keep resetting.
Zot
post Jul 27 2018, 09:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

When you off your PC, do you use soft button on the PC or you completely switch off at the wall plug itself?

The CMOS battery on the mobo can last very long (years), but its life do get shorter if the main power is switched off. Like daluma said, try change the CMOS battery

This post has been edited by Zot: Jul 27 2018, 10:14 AM
TSDeathhunter
post Jul 27 2018, 10:13 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(daluma @ Jul 27 2018, 07:50 AM)
Try changing the coin battery, maybe it is the bios keep resetting.
I guess this is the case, as Bios always reverts my RAM from 1866mhz to 1333mhz. Thanks um gonna try this one.

QUOTE(Zot @ Jul 27 2018, 07:56 AM)
When you off your PC, do you use soft button on the PC or you completely switch off at the wall plug  itself?
I actually do shutdown using windows shutdown command, then when its completely off (all the lights are off & CPU cooler turns off too) then I switch off the power outlet.

Zot
post Jul 27 2018, 10:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(Deathhunter @ Jul 27 2018, 10:13 AM)
I guess this is the case, as Bios always reverts my RAM from 1866mhz to 1333mhz. Thanks um gonna try this one.
I actually do shutdown using windows shutdown command, then when its completely off (all the lights are off & CPU cooler turns off too) then I switch off the power outlet.
Opps! read my modified reply. Switching the otlet can shortened the CMOS battery life.

My laptop CMOS battery is dead and it cannot retain clock setting. So, every time boot up from complete power off, the cert in laptop expired and cannot use this and that application. I need to re-sync clock to be able to use normally. So, usually I just leave the adapter on all the time laugh.gif

Looks like in oyur case the CMOS battery has no more power to retain setting of bios smile.gif
TSDeathhunter
post Jul 27 2018, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jul 27 2018, 08:18 AM)
Opps! read my modified reply. Switching the otlet can shortened the CMOS battery life.

My laptop CMOS battery is dead and it cannot retain clock setting. So, every time boot up from complete power off, the cert in laptop expired and cannot use this and that application. I need to re-sync clock to be able to use normally. So, usually I just leave the adapter on all the time  laugh.gif

Looks like in oyur case the CMOS battery has no more power to retain setting of bios  smile.gif
ayyy hehe no probz happy.gif
I think yes thats the case, gonna change it today lets see if it works, btw why dont u just change urs one too?? & thanks for the help biggrin.gif
Zot
post Jul 27 2018, 10:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(Deathhunter @ Jul 27 2018, 10:22 AM)
ayyy hehe no probz happy.gif
I think yes thats the case, gonna change it today lets see if it works, btw why dont u just change urs one too?? & thanks for the help biggrin.gif
I look at the manual and it is too troublesome for this Acer. It is very old laptop designed for Vista and I am looking forward to buying new one biggrin.gif
junclj
post Jul 27 2018, 12:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

You should replace your motherboard CR2032 CMOS battery first. Try to press F1 or delete button during PC boot, then press F10 save to continue boot into windows.
Edisonkim
post Jul 27 2018, 12:44 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

First plan change the CMOS battery first mostly is the battery if after change also like this then mostly is your bios then you can try to update your bios that is second plan.
TSDeathhunter
post Jul 27 2018, 07:38 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

thanks a lot guys, I just got the battery, gonna change it as soon as I go home. I will update after changing the battery.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:50 PM