Casual
314 posts

currently using

HU is Pioneer AVH ZL5150BT
Focal PS165F doing 2 way active
Crossfire A6 Processor
Alpine V70
Phoenix Gold RS 1200.1 as mono for my RS212 Sub

Wondering my 4chanel as active feel underpower any nice recomendation for my Focal speaker and planing getting a k2 mid range
might use my V70 as tweeter power and another Amp for my mid way and mid bass

This post has been edited by NoobboyZzZ: Jul 25 2018, 02:18 AM
viper1912
post Jul 25 2018, 04:25 PM

44 posts

Look for old school amp.
Newer amp doubt they have the same performance as mostly are Class D amp!
TSNoobboyZzZ
post Jul 26 2018, 04:04 AM

Casual
314 posts

well old school amp .. its seem like extinct plus my car boot size quite small cant put in too much big amp.. the phoenix gold 1200.1 already eat me quite alot space
craziechild
post Jul 26 2018, 11:45 AM

ICE HiFi Fanatic!
721 posts

Alpine V70... 5ch amp with 60W rms per steroe channel is not going to make the focal set justice... In fact, if you look carefully on focal lineage... its commonly said to be extra power hungry...

talking about going old school... albeit i think SQ is still better on old school amps... but foot print and power efficiency is pretty bad with those... I would suggest getting a new amp... Class AB or Class D powers about the same... on difference is on details and extentions...

on your mid range selection... I would suggest using back to the same range... Focal Expert 3"... getting a different range/model often introduce a problem with overall sound whereby the 3" strong traits over-powers the tweets and midbass... making the sound un-leveled, unparalleled...

ie. adding a 3" midrange because you like how it sound vocal wise... ends up you kill the system's high and midbass...

its very hard to get them balanced out after that... and you might just never will find out the real solution to it...

All and all, having a 3way setup involves a tedious pre-matching of components, amps and also most importantly, your installations... minimizing error are the key to having a nice setup after install... a very very well installed setup often already sounds good before tuning and tuning is to further enchance its traits and accuracy, bringing life to the music...

Anyway...

drop a PM if you in Johor Bahru... join us for TT... have auditions among enthusiast, tuners and installers...

cheers.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:47 PM