views

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 24 2018, 05:34 PM, updated 3y ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

Volvo XC40 To Launch In Q3- You Will Want To Wait For This
AUTO NEWS
SIEW WENG | JULY 24, 2018 03:30 PM

With many consumers pulling-forward their purchase of a new vehicle due to lower prices from the ‘tax-free holiday’ in Malaysia, dealerships are also trying their best to fulfil customer’s request.

A loyal Carlist.my reader and personal friend of the editorial team shared her experience with us when she was just casually shopping for a new car.

Ms Becky shared that a Volvo dealership in Klang Valley has started registration of interest (R.O.I.) of the highly anticipated compact Volvo crossover, the XC40.

The dealership is expecting to launch the new XC40 within this quarter and the line-up will consist of two variants, T4 and T5.

Estimated prices during the R.O.I phase list the T4 at RM250,000 and the T5 with R Design at a higher price of RM280,000. The estimated pricing places the new XC40 just under the starting price of the XC60 T5, while slightly above key rivals BMW X1 and Mercedes-Benz GLA-class.

Both variants will feature a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine paired with a 8-speed automatic transmission. Maximum engine outputs for the T4 are 190 hp and 300 Nm of torque while the T5 with a higher state-of-tune delivers a total of 247 hp and 50 Nm more torque versus the T4 tune.

Based on what we have seen in Singapore early this year, the T5 R-Design features 20-inch wheels, gloss black trimmings, and a black treatment to the upper-half of the XC40. Interior features meanwhile consist of a sportier seat and steering wheel design and Harman Kardon Premium Sound audio system.

A key highlight in the interior of the XC40 is the abundance of storage spaces. Volvo designers chose a radical new approach of removing the speakers from the door, and developed a world-first, air-ventilated dashboard-mounted sub-woofer, clearing enough storage in the door compartment for a laptop and a tablet, or a couple of water bottles.

They also designed the centre console tunnel with specific areas to store coins, cards, charging cables, and even tissues. There will be space for wireless charging for smartphones as well.

No information is available on the T4 variant, but expect to see safety features such as Lane Keeping Aid and Collision Avoidance Assistance as standard. .....

https://www.carlist.my/news/volvo-xc40-laun...variants/51765/

Dimensional details

https://www.volvocars.com/intl/cars/new-mod...ions/dimensions

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 27 2019, 11:46 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 24 2018, 05:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Oct 13 2018, 08:32 AM
IpohLad
post Jul 24 2018, 05:41 PM

7 posts

No T5 PHEV available?
IpohLad
post Jul 24 2018, 05:43 PM

7 posts

user posted image
19 Degree South
post Jul 24 2018, 09:24 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

Interior the mercs win hands down! Appearance wise looks good!
chizzu
post Jul 24 2018, 09:28 PM

ブラック★ロックチューター BEAST
1,357 posts

i guess the price is for the initial CBU unit?

just wait for the CKD if can.
Fat & Fluffy
post Jul 25 2018, 12:13 AM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(IpohLad @ Jul 24 2018, 07:41 PM)
No T5 PHEV available?
got... have to wait, i think booking q4, delivery q1 next year
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 27 2018, 09:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

From banned source...Pault*n

The Volvo XC40 was recently launched in Thailand, where it is offered in two variants – T4 Momentum and T5 AWD R-Design. Prices start at 2,090,000 baht (RM266,768) for the entry-level variant, while the range-topper goes for 2,390,000 baht (RM305,060).

Under the bonnet, both variants feature a 2.0 litre turbocharged four-cylinder Drive-E engine that makes 190 hp/300 Nm in the T4, and 252 hp/350 Nm in the T5. An eight-speed Geartronic automatic transmission comes as standard, with all-wheel drive being another additional system for the T5.

In terms of performance, the T4 will take 8.4 seconds to complete the 0-100 km/h sprint and comes with a top speed of 210 km/h. The T5 takes 6.4 seconds to do the same, and has a higher top speed of 230 km/h. The T5 also gets the Sport chassis, whereas the T4 comes with the Dynamic chassis instead.

In terms of exterior features, the T4 comes with the Momentum trim package and 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels in silver (235/55 profile tyres). The colour palette includes Ice White, Bright Silver Metallic, Amazon Blue, Onyx Black Metallic and Fusion Red Metallic, with the last three available with a white roof upon request.

The T5 R-Design meanwhile, gets its own unique grille, bumpers (rear piece features integrated exhaust outlets) and R-Design lettering near the top of the C-pillar. For the Thailand market, 19-inch diamond cut five-double spoke alloy wheels in two-tone matte black/silver finish (235/50 profile tyres) are standard for the T5, and buyers will have four metallic colours – Crystal White Premium, Osmium Grey, Bursting Blue Premium and Fusion Red – to choose from, all with black-painted roofs.

Moving inside, T4 cars get Charcoal black leather upholstery with Urban Grid décor inlays, while the T5s receive R-Design Charcoal Nubuck fine Nappa perforated leather and Cutting Edge inlays instead. All variants come as standard with a 9-inch Sensus Connect infotainment system, wireless mobile phone charger, dual-zone climate control (with Clean Zone filter), 12.3-inch Digital Driver Display and powered front seats (with memory function for the driver seat).

Similarly, City Safety, Collision Avoidance and Mitigation Support with Auto Brake, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS), Cross Traffic Alert with Auto Brake, Lane Keeping Aid, Distance Alert, Dynamic Stability and Traction Control (DSTC), Roll Stability Control (RSC), seven airbags and Active High Beam Control are present on both variants.

The T5 naturally gets the most goodies, including a 13-speaker, 600-watt Harman Kardon sound system, navigation function, Pilot Assist with Adaptive Cruise Control, paddle shifters, Park Assist Pilot, and while both variants have LED headlamps, only the T5 gets the Active Bending Lights (ABL) function.

The XC40 is expected to make its launch debut in Malaysia soon, as official dealers have begun accepting registration of interest from the public. Furthermore, Volvo Cars Malaysia has already begun teasing the model’s arrival on its Instagram page recently.
ed1torz
post Oct 3 2018, 10:13 AM

Обучение на протяжении всей жизни �
1,057 posts

OP if CKD above 200K

LOL @ Msia car price
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 4 2018, 08:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

Looks like Q3 missed, so Q4....?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 5 2018, 12:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/all-new-volvo-x...rm255888/52869/
Price from RM255,888
buffa
post Oct 5 2018, 01:33 PM

Casual
337 posts

Nice, cheaper than I thought. And R-design suppose to be the highest spec.
cococonutseller
post Oct 5 2018, 06:59 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

Tmr launching
chizzu
post Oct 7 2018, 10:19 PM

ブラック★ロックチューター BEAST
1,357 posts

Missing Harman Kardon speaker and 360 camera. sigh.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 9 2018, 06:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 12 2018, 02:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2018100...mplate=mobile02

News from Europe

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 13 2018, 08:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/volvo-xc-40-bit...s-europe/52979/

The Volvo XC40 Is A Bit Too Successful – 12 Months Waiting Period in Japan, 8 Months In Europe
AUTO NEWS
HANS  |  OCTOBER 12, 2018 11:49 AM
The Volvo XC40 Is A Bit Too Successful – 12 Months Waiting Period in Japan, 8 Months In Europe

The Volvo XC40 has just been launched in Malaysia. Only available in a single T5 R-Design variant, the locally-assembled compact SUV sells for RM255,888 excluding insurance. Deliveries, however, will only begin in January 2019.

Well it turns out that Volvo may have overdone the XC40, as global demand has far exceeded that of its Ghent plant in Belgium can cope with. Ghent is the world’s only source for completely built up XC40s as well as the completely knocked down (CKD) kits sent to Volvo Car Manufacturing’s plant in Shah Alam. Volvo has another plant in Luqiao, China but that plant supplies cars only to China.

The XC40 was launched in Milan in September 2017 but the model only went on sale in Europe beginning November 2017. Within just one month, the company was swamped with 13,000 orders. By May, the order books had swelled to 80,000, prompting Volvo engineers to scramble for solutions to increase the output at Ghent.

In the UK, the XC40 is Volvo’s most successful new car launch ever, with 2,000 cars being delivered to customers every month. Even at that rate, the waiting period is stretching to eight months. The UK market was also offered 1,000 units of First Edition XC40 models, all of which were sold out even before a single unit had reached a Volvo dealer.

In Japan, where mainstream European cars are quite niche, the waiting period has stretched to a ridiculously long 12 months.

So if you’ve booked your XC40, be patient because people in other parts of the world are waiting just as long as you, if not longer.

Another reason for the XC40’s success is the Care By Volvo subscription plan, which completely transforms the traditional car ownership model. Instead of buying or leasing an XC40, one simply signs up for a subscription plan, as you normally would for your smartphone.

In the US, the Care By Volvo plan offers an XC40 T5 R-Design for just USD 700 per/month for 24 months, with zero downpayment. There are no further hidden charges as the fee includes insurance, regular servicing, roadside assistance and even covers against tyre punctures! The only downside is that annual mileage is capped at 15,000 miles (about 24,000 km).

At the end of the subscription period, the user simply returns the XC40, with the option of signing up for another Volvo. Unlike a leasing plan, the car doesn't get sold at the end of the subscription period. Instead, it stays within the Volvo value chain. The longer term plan is to roll out Care By Volvo for certified pre-owned Volvo cars.

There it is again...The word "WAIT"

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Oct 13 2018, 08:25 AM
buffa
post Oct 13 2018, 11:21 AM

Casual
337 posts

My only few small complaints
I think that R-Design trim’s black color top not that nice. Top should just go with same color of the body. Then the outside look will be perfect for my taste.
The rear seat’s angle is a bit too straight for my wife, although the seat is really comfortable.
The rear door is quite big, so if the parking space is tight, rear door is difficult to open.

Other than these 3, this car is the best among same price range’s car.
I think my pocket not deep enought to buy this beauty after wonering for few days. Too bad sad.gif
BigMan123
post Oct 14 2018, 07:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

Volvo fair at Starling Mall this weekend.

XC40 is displayed. Few observations:
1. Rear paint area seems plain, giving a very flat look
2. Rear seats seems lower than front seats. Not sure why but it’s not comfortable
3. Overall impression is that it’s a small car, not comparable to cx5 size even
4. Touch screen while is techy, be prepared to wipe every morning with a micro fiber cloth cos there is too much smudge
5. Lack of physical buttons. Even air cond fan intensity is controlled via touch and may be difficult when one is driving
malibuchong
post Oct 15 2018, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(chizzu @ Oct 7 2018, 10:19 PM)
Missing Harman Kardon speaker and 360 camera.  sigh.
what?so expensive yet no 360 camera?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0201sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:03 AM