Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Upcoming Proton SUV price prediction from RM79K, Anyone please share your opinion (Group)

views

tokdukun
post Jul 23 2018, 10:47 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(magasel @ Jul 23 2018, 09:43 AM)
nice price.

but after demonstration in youtube of a Geely SUV make a stunt move by reverse hard then turn but the whole car turn turtle...

I scared to buy this car.
Where's the youtube video?

You confused with Great wall old model? There was Sabah exco iianm who was in the car when it turtled, that was NOT a Geely for certain.
tokdukun
post Jul 23 2018, 10:48 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Jul 23 2018, 10:41 AM)
Is this car more similar to HRV or CRV?
Its size is more towards CRV, CX-5.
tokdukun
post Jul 23 2018, 11:07 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(magasel @ Jul 23 2018, 11:01 AM)
my mistake it was a great wall car, still - make me scared to drive tongsan SUV
Well, I've always considered Geely to be different than any other tongsan car.

They own Volvo, and they took in a lot of their staffs to help design, engineer and manufacture their cars. Unlike other tongsan brand that are state-owned and JV with foreigners, those just simply copy paste without such deep engineering work done the way Geely did by adopting Volvo's tech.

I have a lot of faith in Geely, I trust they're properly quality car.
tokdukun
post Jul 23 2018, 05:19 PM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jul 23 2018, 04:49 PM)
lol, top 10 carmakers in prc actually better than protong... by the numbers alone they have the economic of scale and $$$ for improvement

maxus also a good brand but problem is design only part of the equation... if you dont sell well enough and dont command a high premium you cant survive... just like koreans in this region
Local distributor and carmaker's commitment is a huge factor of success.

Honda very successful when Honda Japan themselves come and take control of stuffs like product planning, specification, pricing, etc. That's why their products always feel just right in pricing, spec, then become popular. All DRB need to do is just local assemble, then the sales and aftersales are 3rd party dealers.

Toyota just leave it to UMW, kena upcar kaw2. CH-R is stupidly priced, and giving us 1.8 N/A is just pathetic when the 1.2 turbo is the main dish. Nissan also with Tan Chong, Hyundai with Sime Darby, Kia with Naza etc. All just hidup segan, mati tak mahu.

I think Maxus seems to be doing quite well with the MPV, if they're patient and invest in their business, they will continue to grow. Chery had that chance before, but after the Eastar success, they just lost steam and now fade back to nothing. Sigh.

But of course, Geely has much better chance of success, they're directly owning 49.9% of proton. Given their global ambition, there's good reason they really want Proton to be really successful.
tokdukun
post Jul 24 2018, 11:10 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jul 23 2018, 05:49 PM)
Kia should learn from Honda on how to gain market share here, Honda last time sales is below Toyota in ranking. Now, Honda sales is more than Proton and Toyota much much more.

But i see UMW starting to change something to boost up their market share, could be Toyota pushing behind.

What Geely lacking is right hand drive mass market, Volvo is more into premium market.
If Kia South Korea wanna get serious, they would be more hand on than today. As is, Naza is doing a huge disservice to the brand, until today just the name Naza invoke the lousy after sales service image, typical crony that only knows how to sell, but incompetent to take care of it.

Aside from CH-R, I don't see what other changes UMW is doing. They got do Vios racing series got la, which is absolutely topkek to me, just shows they really lost the plot. Their customer base had always been conservative people that cares about RV, doing all these racing series will not attract them.

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Jul 24 2018, 09:45 AM)
is it enough to change malaysian mindset?

currently the market are dominated by Honda/Toyota and Perodua

people already used with this kind of brand, to break into ths market seem quite hard for proton currently

seeing new car from proton plus design from china.

some more malaysian kept bashing on proton non-stop.

Perodua ulgy bezza people still buy even-tho proton saga looks way better and driver better.
I think a few years ago, here in /k got fedup with people keep buying Vios, that's why it's given the name Godcar, it's literally flawless to many people, when it is a super overpriced tin milo.

Today their sales fall so bad to Honda. Change can happen if Proton is persistent enough, and as long as they keep their after sales customer service acceptable, people will buy Proton I believe.

People buy Perodua because of Toyota engine. Put Campro in it, they won't sell. Put Toyota engine in Iriz, Saga it will laku keras.

QUOTE(ThisWorldisWeird @ Jul 24 2018, 10:46 AM)
Actually I have used my Proton Preve for 6 years never breakdown before... Already 100k+ km. Always on time send to service centre each service also about rm300 only.

People always say Proton cars rosak is because they never send for service on time or send to ah beng shop thinking change black oil and filter = service gaotim.

So "Proton cars always rosak" is a myth.
Proton actually rarely got reliability issue with the important bits like engine, gearbox (except Punch CVT and turbo ones). It's the other things that annoy people eg power window, rattling plastic, door handle fragile etc.
tokdukun
post Jul 24 2018, 11:16 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Jul 24 2018, 11:12 AM)
i think ppl will buy proton but (geely product).. i think current models and design from proton will be phase out soon and no more campro engines
For sure, I think got leak before slides of Proton's future plan include MPV, a B-segment SUV. This B-segment SUV can be a real Perodua killer if can price circa RM50k-60k.

Even last year, during press conference of Geely buying Proton, some Geely big guys edi said they wanna update Proton with latest Euro 6 powertrain, so campro, punch CVT is really on its last leg.
tokdukun
post Jul 24 2018, 11:42 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Jul 24 2018, 11:19 AM)
dun forget perodua also wanna out its D38L project SUV .. to fight with proton ... this gonna be good to us .. got competitive got improvment , and benefit consumers like us
Yea, it seems likely based on Daihatsu Terios in Indonesia. Looks likely to be 7-seater, can replace Alza already.

As long as it uses Toyota Dual VVT-i engine, people tak payah fikir, tak nak pening, beli je.

QUOTE(Joe Kreutz @ Jul 24 2018, 11:19 AM)
So they will phased out campro? Not really a lost there.

How about the ricardos engine? Supposed to debut either this year or next year according to proton's original plan right?
Sudah shelved after Geely come in. Geely focus on cleaning up Proton, no time for new own engine, faster and easier to just use their powertrain.

QUOTE(nebula87 @ Jul 24 2018, 11:20 AM)
No, they are using Mitsubishi Engine.
1.8 L 4G18 I4
2.0 L 4G20 I4
- From Wikipedia

You should try pijot or renault, their engine roars like dinosaurs..

Those who owned Proton before Preve-era are terrorized by the quality of the accessories, power windows, and fuel consumption. So they are like "Swear I won't get another Proton". then they probably had switched to H, T or P2 brand.

So for Proton to win back their old customers, they need to do better. better than T, H brand, at least P2 brand. to win back their trust.

How better? They need to figure it out.
And i don't think they put Volvo engine into the Boyue can sell well here..Cost of the engine?
>Still can't win our trust.
Not Volvo engine, Volvo never had 1.8 turbo. Also, they never developed Boyue with Volvo engine before, it will take quite extensive testing to plonk a new powertrain into Boyue, so nope, no Volvo engine, not at least this generation.

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Jul 24 2018, 11:24 AM)
how come even the P2 axia/bezza quality issues but people still buy it eh?

i've ride few of those cars with grab

some quality already teruk (tercabut here n there) even baru 1-2 yrs old judging by their plate number la
Janji got Toyota engine, tak nak pening, tak payah fikir, beli je.

Even the new Myvi, many wooooow at the USB port beside the driver's seat. Yet, go fb owner's page, many people broke it, kek. The LED headlamp also many woooow, until got owner unluckily broke it when balik kampung, cracked by some flying debris likely. Perodua told him rm1k+ to replace the entire headlamp 1 side, fuuuuh.

This post has been edited by tokdukun: Jul 24 2018, 11:44 AM
tokdukun
post Jul 24 2018, 11:46 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(nebula87 @ Jul 24 2018, 11:42 AM)
Found these 2 sites, mentioning about Boyue's cons

Link one

[Tl;dr : High fuel consumption, 9-12 liter/100km. Some saying it's due to the engine, and some said after change the wheels (maybe to smaller rims), it will solve the problem]

Link two

[Tl;dr : Weird sound when changing gear, Jerk, Leaking, Weird sound when braking, Fuel consumption high.
>4S service center able to change the transmission, but the problem still persist.
>Foreman dissemble the 2.0T engine and transmission, found that it is not ideal match. Will cause the engine have alot of metal composite.
>There is one news about Boyue transmission exploded, but they covered it up.
>1.8T engine fuel consumption have like 11-12 liter/100km]

mega_shok.gif
11-12 L/100km sound like normal fc for big heavy car doing urban driving.

We getting facelift Boyue, I hope they ironed out a lot of the powertrain reliability issue.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0819sec    1.67    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 09:00 AM