Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Why does grab asks for sensitive info ?

views

TS7bajh
post Jul 23 2018, 12:42 AM, updated 6y ago

0 posts

Hi,I'm rider and yesterday I tried to activate GrabPay in my account, they asked for a passport/ID no and a picture of it, after some of hesitation I gave them my ID number and a photo of my ID.
Today morning I received this email :

Dear ******************  Your ID document is currently under review. You are required to provide us with the following documents in order for us to progress your application. Proof of address (i.e.utilities bills not older than 3 months/ lease agreement that is still valid) (date must feature clearly on document) Proof of residence in Malaysia (in the form of a work permit/visa) Source of funds (i.e. Proof of employment) Bank statements If you need any further assistance, feel free to reply to this email thread and I'll be glad to assist. Thank you for your continuous support and we look forward to serve you better Regards, Chelvi

in the spoiler is a picture of the Email,
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I'm wondering why does a private company would like to know all these sensitive infos about me! were you asked for these infos? I'm thinking of removing my credit card info from my account and deleting my current account and making a new all-cash account, what do you advise?

Thanks
se7en
post Jul 23 2018, 01:56 AM

resistance is futile
Group Icon
Admin
1,806 posts

looks more like documents they would ask if you are signing up to be a driver. Don't recall them asking me for anything when i signed up for GrabPay.
yhtan
post Jul 23 2018, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(7bajh @ Jul 23 2018, 12:42 AM)
Hi,I'm rider and yesterday I tried to activate GrabPay in my account, they asked for a passport/ID no and a picture of it, after some of hesitation I gave them my ID number and a photo of my ID.

I'm wondering why does a private company would like to know all these sensitive infos about me! were you asked for these infos? I'm thinking of removing my credit card info from my account and deleting my current account and making a new all-cash account, what do you advise?

Thanks
signing up the grabpay wallet?

If not mistaken bank negara require all this compliance to prevent money laundering activities, as part of the e-wallet license.
YoungMan
post Jul 23 2018, 10:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

That's why I didn't activate Grab Pay. Trade off personal information to a company somewhere just to use their online payment service. I can still use card to pay without Grab Pay though.
soulhunter87
post Jul 23 2018, 10:13 AM

Casual
455 posts

for security purpose since the killing issue few weeks ago
skylinelover
post Jul 23 2018, 11:18 AM

Future Crypto Player๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘ŠDriver Abamsado๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
All Stars
10,509 posts

GrabPay without credits 4 the win laugh.gif laugh.gif
lone_wolf
post Jul 23 2018, 12:08 PM

44 posts

To confirm your identity.
Each day more robbery case involving grab rises.
These are one of the safety precautions by grab
cw80
post Jul 23 2018, 03:03 PM

0 posts

at past, mobile phone prepaid card also not need register.
grabpay sooner will be the same...all rider must registered.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

you can take taxi, bus or drive own after this...๐Ÿ˜
Michael_Light
post Jul 29 2018, 02:28 PM

Casual
473 posts

I activated my grabpay by only key in my ic no. No supporting documents required, but i activated it before the killing case of grab driver.
inachi
post Aug 7 2018, 12:04 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(7bajh @ Jul 23 2018, 12:42 AM)

Thanks
but i was not requested for all this when i signed up though.
jack2
post Aug 21 2018, 10:41 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

QUOTE(Michael_Light @ Jul 29 2018, 02:28 PM)
I activated my grabpay by only key in my ic no. No supporting documents required, but i activated it before the killing case of grab driver.
any link where to read the case?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:20 AM