Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> BigPay (with Mobile Application) V2, Prepaid MasterCard - CashBack & BigPoint (Prepaid Cards)

ckweng
post Yesterday, 03:30 PM

Craft beers for life!
Group: Senior Member

Just managed to add BP card to my Shopee account. It went through iPay88's payment gateway. thumbsup.gif
skty
post Yesterday, 08:14 PM

On my way

anyone still got any credit card that get points by topping up bigpay and the conversion actually give good % of cashback?

other than Ambank Bonuslink & HSBC Visa?

I seldom study about reward credit cards.
jfleong
post Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

If I reload using CC, 10k a month, and then deposit the money straight away into my account, will this be flagged by the bank / BNM / tax authorities ?

alexanderclz
post Yesterday, 08:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jfleong @ Sep 20 2018, 08:30 PM)
If I reload using CC, 10k a month, and then deposit the money straight away into my account, will this be flagged by the bank / BNM / tax authorities ?
2 school of thoughts. 1 will say be careful, you may be suspended (for whatever reason that BP won't disclose). the other will say no problem since BP already limit it to 10k. up to you to decided.

but personally, i would not make withdrawals without regularly using BP to spend.
CloudComputer
post Yesterday, 08:33 PM

Getting Started

Bank or government agencies: no
BigPay: maybe
annoymous1234
post Yesterday, 08:36 PM

✔ SAFE TRADER

Have some questions about overseas transaction. If say I reload into bigpay, when I go overseas and spend, The money inside won't be deducted on the spot right? It will be "pending", won't it be difficult then to know how much I balance I left?
hye
post Yesterday, 08:38 PM

White Tiger
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

Just to add, not judging you or anything and you are entirely free to make decisions. It would seem that you are funding your debt via cc which is a red flag on its own.

FYI, CC debts are recorded in CCRIS.
How banks interpret your cc debts are up to their customer risk profiling policies.

QUOTE(annoymous1234 @ Sep 20 2018, 08:36 PM)
Have some questions about overseas transaction. If say I reload into bigpay, when I go overseas and spend, The money inside won't be deducted on the spot right? It will be "pending", won't it be difficult then to know how much I balance I left?
Monies are deducted from your account the moment you use your card. Finalised amount (aka "settled") differs slightly from the pending amount and this is based on the finalised forex rate.

It won't be a crazy difference. Have a slight balance buffer. Please don't count your monies to the exact decimal point till you need to be worried. You won't do that if you are using/holding cash, don't do that when using BP too.

This post has been edited by hye: Yesterday, 08:49 PM
alexanderclz
post Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(annoymous1234 @ Sep 20 2018, 08:36 PM)
a rough estimate will be deducted immediately. the precise amount will only show a few days later.
jfleong
post Yesterday, 08:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hye @ Sep 20 2018, 08:38 PM)
Just to add, not judging you or anything and you are entirely free to make decisions. It would seem that you are funding your debt via cc which is a red flag on its own.

FYI, CC debts are recorded in CCRIS.
I have no CC debts. The last time I was overdue on my card was because annual fee was charged on a card that I hadn't used for years , totally forgot about it (first 3 years free, only 4th year baru kena). And that was about 6 years ago
I am primarily doing this for cash back / points purposes, and also for Balance Transfer, since banks sometimes offer 0% IPP on BT. I place the money in MMF to earn the interest

alexanderclz
post Yesterday, 08:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jfleong @ Sep 20 2018, 08:48 PM)
I have no CC debts. The last time I was overdue on my card was because annual fee was charged on a card that I hadn't used for years , totally forgot about it (first 3 years free, only 4th year baru kena). And that was about 6 years ago
I am primarily doing this for cash back / points purposes, and also for Balance Transfer, since banks sometimes offer 0% IPP on BT. I place the money in MMF to earn the interest
that's what most of us do rclxms.gif
wanttobuylaptop
post Yesterday, 09:18 PM

QUOTE(jfleong @ Sep 20 2018, 08:48 PM)
and bank loves your CCRIS when they see you have score 0 in all you credit card
and with a lot of spending still
next thing you know, your newly apply credit card will have higher and higher limit...
i started apply new credit card after i get BP, and every card i apply is getting higher and higher limit with totally same documents...

This post has been edited by wanttobuylaptop: Yesterday, 09:18 PM

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0720sec    2.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st September 2018 - 12:50 AM