Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1431 Pages « < 988 989 990 991 992 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Prepaid Cards BigPay - Prepaid MasterCard (with Mobile Apps) V2, CashBack, BigPoint & Remittance

views

!@#$%^
post Nov 17 2019, 07:06 PM

Safe Trader
All Stars
16,629 posts

QUOTE(jhleo1 @ Nov 17 2019, 06:45 PM)
What you meant online? Pple purchase good over the counter in oversea now. It's not online transaction.
if u have internet and open bigpay app, it will update ur location. that's what i meant by online.
kkdavelim
post Nov 17 2019, 07:11 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(879098 @ Nov 6 2019, 03:53 PM)
So there's no way for me to use a different card to top up the second RM10k right?
I use my travel partner acc.
My limit is 10k , exceeded.
I use my travel partner acc top up using my credit card.

Use his acc transfer to my acc.
Daily limit of transfer is 2k only.
10k use 5 day to transfer.
jhleo1
post Nov 17 2019, 07:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,165 posts

Yes I knew this. My GPS question was based on lhsu commented that need to open the app while we pay oversea in order to detect the currency n charged accordingly doesn't sound logic to me. I suspected it could be the seller cc terminal issue that set to USD.

QUOTE(tan_aniki @ Nov 17 2019, 06:54 PM)
they only detect ur phone GPS, like my card still in Malaysia, my wife still swipe in RM while i'm using the card online for their taxi apps in local currency
qu3vax
post Nov 17 2019, 07:43 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Nov 17 2019, 03:36 PM)
I did it on the arrival date which is 15th and it pop up the rate as well.

The transaction done in that country, when posted into Bigpay, system should know where is the transaction comes from and the currency posted. This is the 1st time I encountered this issue, hence I am curious if others \k encountered this issue before or not.
well, saw a lot of irrelevant reply below your post. lol

which your situation happened to me too, it happens when merchant credit card terminal can select TWD or our own currency(meaning whenever they asked, TWD or MYR?). If u choose TWD then will charge in USD, it happen 3 times when i was there last month. Well it doesn't matter as i know already cheaper using bigpay, even if i use credit card they also charged in USD.

When merchant no ask meaning the credit card terminal automatically choose TWD and no other option for them to choose from. then those transaction is all TWD .

and wow~ i tried to check back my record and all TWD now! i suspect must be settled then change back TWD. i remember few transaction was in USD when i checked after swiped.

This post has been edited by qu3vax: Nov 17 2019, 07:50 PM
tan_aniki
post Nov 17 2019, 09:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,855 posts

QUOTE(jhleo1 @ Nov 17 2019, 07:39 PM)
Yes I knew this. My GPS question was based on lhsu commented that need to open the app while we pay oversea in order to detect the currency n charged accordingly doesn't sound logic to me. I suspected it could be the seller cc terminal issue that set to USD.
it doesn't really matter whether ur apps got open or not, they just charge according to the currency in their terminal.
if they didn't ask normally will be in local currency, if they saw malaysia currency option they will ask whether u want MYR or local currency
!@#$%^
post Nov 18 2019, 12:03 AM

Safe Trader
All Stars
16,629 posts

QUOTE(tan_aniki @ Nov 17 2019, 09:17 PM)
it doesn't really matter whether ur apps got open or not, they just charge according to the currency in their terminal.
if they didn't ask normally will be in local currency, if they saw malaysia currency option they will ask whether u want MYR or local currency
taiwan use usd?
mr_tuzki
post Nov 18 2019, 01:42 AM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(tan_aniki @ Nov 17 2019, 09:17 PM)
This is precisely right. All other info about GPS and opening app and what not is incorrect.
You can even logout or delete the BigPay app and it will have no bearing on the transaction.
!@#$%^
post Nov 18 2019, 02:41 AM

Safe Trader
All Stars
16,629 posts

QUOTE(mr_tuzki @ Nov 18 2019, 01:42 AM)
This is precisely right. All other info about GPS and opening app and what not is incorrect.
You can even logout or delete the BigPay app and it will have no bearing on the transaction.
opening the app online will show u the conversion rate
tan_aniki
post Nov 18 2019, 05:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,855 posts

QUOTE(alexanderclz @ Nov 18 2019, 12:03 AM)
taiwan use usd?
U need to check with the merchant, some merchant there got multiple currency conversion in their terminal, not only TWD

QUOTE(alexanderclz @ Nov 18 2019, 02:41 AM)
Yup, opening the apps only showing u current local currency conversion after they detect ur phone GPS

Even though not opening the app u will still get the conversion rate for pending and settle
mr_tuzki
post Nov 18 2019, 12:23 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(alexanderclz @ Nov 18 2019, 02:41 AM)
Yes correct. It's just for your own information. But it wont affect the amount / currency charged like some people said.
yhcyber
post Nov 18 2019, 12:58 PM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(jianwei90 @ Nov 17 2019, 04:32 PM)
Oh, thought bigpay can detect based on the merchant location/transacted amount currency..
Yes it is, in fact you don't need to open the app to let the app detect your location in order to use it, I open it just because want to know the rate provided by Bigpay in that country.

QUOTE(jhleo1 @ Nov 17 2019, 06:20 PM)
So whenever we use BigPay card in oversea need to on our phone GPS n the BigPay app too? How do these work?
No, you don't need to. Bigpay will post the transactions based on the received details, for example, if you bought something online using other than RM currency, e.g., USD, the system will post the amount in USD and Bigpay will convert it into RM based on the latest rate. It did the same when you did transaction physically at overseas.

My case is, I confirm that the cashier selected TWD in the merchant machine, however when the transaction posted into my Bigpay, it become USD, and that's the weird thing.
yhcyber
post Nov 18 2019, 01:07 PM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(knwong @ Nov 17 2019, 06:33 PM)
This is merchant payment gateway feature. If you try other TW merchants likely no such double conversion. Which merchant is that?
The merchant gateway has the function on selecting what currency to post, I saw there was RM and TWD, didn't see any USD option to choose. I am not sure if there is double conversion but after I calculate the posted rate vs TWD rate back to RM, I lost about RM10 because of USD. No idea on what merchant is that, I didn't aware it till getting the transaction notification few hour after leaving the shop. My experience on other CC is, the bank card will post the transaction based on the currency that selected in merchant machine, you will see 2 column in CC statement which is the posted currency and the converted RM amount.

Attached print screen for your references.

user posted image
yhcyber
post Nov 18 2019, 01:11 PM

Casual
472 posts

I can confirm that the cashier selected TWD to post the transactions, as the cashier did double confirm with me and the slip was printed out in TWD as well

Too bad the slip was missing in somewhere, else it will be my solid proof
yhcyber
post Nov 18 2019, 01:14 PM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(qu3vax @ Nov 17 2019, 07:43 PM)
well, saw a lot of irrelevant reply below your post. lol

which your situation happened to me too, it happens when merchant credit card terminal can select TWD or our own currency(meaning whenever they asked, TWD or MYR?). If u choose TWD then will charge in USD, it happen 3 times when i was there last month. Well it doesn't matter as i know already cheaper using bigpay, even if i use credit card they also charged in USD.

When merchant no ask meaning the credit card terminal automatically choose TWD and no other option for them to choose from. then those transaction is all TWD .
and wow~ i tried to check back my record and all TWD now! i suspect must be settled then change back TWD. i remember few transaction was in USD when i checked after swiped.
Finally someone is understand the situation! Thanks for your feedback! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif That's what I am facing now. Will check back again when the transaction changed to Settled
SwarmTroll
post Nov 18 2019, 01:27 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

Do you guys have issue with reloading grab wallet? It says there's something wrong with the number when I tried to input my bigpay card num.
tan_aniki
post Nov 18 2019, 01:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,855 posts

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Nov 18 2019, 01:07 PM)
The merchant gateway has the function on selecting what currency to post, I saw there was RM and TWD, didn't see any USD option to choose. I am not sure if there is double conversion but after I calculate the posted rate vs TWD rate back to RM, I lost about RM10 because of USD. No idea on what merchant is that, I didn't aware it till getting the transaction notification  few hour after leaving the shop. My experience on other CC is, the bank card will post the transaction based on the currency that selected in merchant machine, you will see 2 column in CC statement which is the posted currency and the converted RM amount.

Attached print screen for your references.

user posted image
how much u pay for in TWD?
sidefulnes
post Nov 18 2019, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

Just an info from my friend's atm withdrawal in Seoul
KEB - unable to read card (despite displaying mc gateway)
KB - 3500 krw atm charge + RM10
kccy91
post Nov 18 2019, 04:02 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(lalachong @ Dec 27 2018, 01:33 PM)
not much difference from market rate at that time last week... 0.0341..
i used bigpay for all the purchases... food, drinks, coffee, ice cream, market, shopping... but not the fuel stations though (i saw most were unmanned fuel stations..) maybe you can try if you go there...
Hi. How you pumped petrol in Iceland? By using credit card (any special pincode required?) or debit card?
lhsu
post Nov 18 2019, 07:08 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

I got this info from CS before I travelled to Taiwan. I think it must be charged according to the currency the merchant charged you. ALL my transactions in Taiwan were in NTD.
rocketm
post Nov 18 2019, 08:49 PM

Regular
1,547 posts

Does BP conversion from USD to MYR always the lowest compare to any cc?

If we are using BP in overseas, it is better to request the cashier to bill us in MYR or USD?

1431 Pages « < 988 989 990 991 992 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0248sec    0.09    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:19 AM