7 posts

QUOTE(joe_star @ Jul 21 2018, 05:11 PM)
user posted image
the last one omfg
Hevlaska
post Jul 21 2018, 07:45 PM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(:3mushy:3 @ Jul 21 2018, 06:13 PM)
Topkek
Gone were the days Chinese = Ah Hock, Malay = Ali, Yindian = Muthu

QUOTE(acbc @ Jul 21 2018, 06:13 PM)
No such thing. With money, any women in the mid 40s can conceive. I've many friends who married in their early to mid 40s all bored children with no defects and also very healthy.
Yes, i'm 41, wifey 38, first boy is now 5yr old, just conceive another girl. Luck certainly did play a role, but personally, ill give it this way.

Effort, personal health, Education = 40%,
Medical assist, Nutrition = 30%
Luck = 30%

I know some people who spent hundreds of k trying many methods but did not bother taking effort maintaining own health/lifestyle and blame on doctors/technologies for failure. No form of medical intervention can save you if you first do not practice a healthy lifestyle. There's many people in my circle who safely gave birth at 40s-50s.

Surely, i won't be around to see my kids graduate, or even be there to wed them off. But i did my part to ensure they WILL graduate and has a reasonably good start into society. And no i will not pamper them with wealth they did not earn.
joe_star
post Jul 21 2018, 07:53 PM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Jul 21 2018, 07:45 PM)
Yes, i'm 41, wifey 38, first boy is now 5yr old, just conceive another girl. Luck certainly did play a role, but personally, ill give it this way.

Luck = 30%

I know some people who spent hundreds of k trying many methods but did not bother taking effort maintaining own health/lifestyle and blame on doctors/technologies for failure. No form of medical intervention can save you if you first do not practice a healthy lifestyle. There's many people in my circle who safely gave birth at 40s-50s.

Surely, i won't be around to see my kids graduate, or even be there to wed them off. But i did my part to ensure they WILL graduate and has a reasonably good start into society. And no i will not pamper them with wealth they did not earn.
You had your first kid in mid 30s which imo is qute reasonable (compared to mid 40s). Probably best time to start family imo

I myself just became father at 31. Not having family support (no parents available to help on either side) is a challenge but fortunately both my wife & i earn enough to snd our kid to a good daycare

Hopefully our due dilligence pays off. End of day things can go wrong even with own care, grandparents, best nanny etc
nuvi
post Jul 21 2018, 08:01 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,988 posts

user posted image

Number 34 win the internet!
Hevlaska
post Jul 21 2018, 08:02 PM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(joe_star @ Jul 21 2018, 07:53 PM)
You had your first kid in mid 30s which imo is qute reasonable (compared to mid 40s). Probably best time to start family imo

I myself just became father at 31. Not having family support (no parents available to help on either side) is a challenge but fortunately both my wife & i earn enough to snd our kid to a good daycare

Hopefully our due dilligence pays off. End of day things can go wrong even with own care, grandparents, best nanny etc
Precisely, which is exactly why i decided to take the big jump and retire(semi), wanna see my kids grow up and its difficult to entrust your kids to others. Even with our own care, things can always go wrong when you least expect. Any parents here would understand that kids are not easy to care for, when left with others, somethings may happen and it may not even be the fault of the babysitter.

Was always lectured by parents and in-law to "quickly make babies"!. At one point of time there were even gossips floating in the family that either me or wifey is impotent laugh.gif

As it turns out, best decision i ever made in life. Period.
SUSbig[1]
post Jul 21 2018, 08:07 PM

On my way
632 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Jul 21 2018, 07:45 PM)

Luck = 30%

still young la you, can even get grand children before you old
SUSbig[1]
post Jul 21 2018, 08:09 PM

On my way
632 posts

QUOTE(Dom dominic @ Jul 21 2018, 08:07 PM)
The best is to have kids at 20. Imagine you are 40 and your kid 20. If have kid 50 kesian child. Communicate also problem like father cannot be a friend for him
i dont think so.

United Rulez
post Jul 21 2018, 08:19 PM

On my way
660 posts

user posted image
What happened to good ol Ali Bin Ahmad.....Siti Aminah binti...
SUSbig[1]
post Jul 21 2018, 08:23 PM

On my way
632 posts

QUOTE(Dom dominic @ Jul 21 2018, 08:16 PM)
If time could be back. I just shoot whatever my sperms in my university days and let one of the girls first come to me ask for marriage biggrin.gif

Marriage if delayed you will be rugi time. Coz whatever your age you will still need to marry and will definitely afford to feed your child.
you have 8 houses can la.
joe_star
post Jul 21 2018, 09:24 PM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

QUOTE(Dom dominic @ Jul 21 2018, 08:07 PM)
The best is to have kids at 20. Imagine you are 40 and your kid 20. If have kid 50 kesian child. Communicate also problem like father cannot be a friend for him
20 too young ler, unless u got daddykasi like some of my school fren who get girl preggo at 17

-never go uni join papa bisness learn the ropes
-now managing the show drive merc
-kid going secondary school ald
joe_star
post Jul 21 2018, 09:28 PM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Jul 21 2018, 08:02 PM)
Precisely, which is exactly why i decided to take the big jump and retire(semi), wanna see my kids grow up and its difficult to entrust your kids to others. Even with our own care, things can always go wrong when you least expect. Any parents here would understand that kids are not easy to care for, when left with others, somethings may happen and it may not even be the fault of the babysitter.

Was always lectured by parents and in-law to "quickly make babies"!. At one point of time there were even gossips floating in the family that either me or wifey is impotent laugh.gif

I hope you are in good enough standing to maintain that lifestyle for your family for rest of life. All the best & looks like you have things quite planned out.

Again fortunately waiting worked out for you biologically, but personally i know others (close) whom were not so lucky. Oh well, guess they can still adopt if they want.
Hevlaska
post Jul 21 2018, 09:50 PM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(joe_star @ Jul 21 2018, 09:28 PM)
I hope you are in good enough standing to maintain that lifestyle for your family for rest of life. All the best & looks like you have things quite planned out.

Again fortunately waiting worked out for you biologically, but personally i know others (close) whom were not so lucky. Oh well, guess they can still adopt if they want.
Thanks bro. A little off topic, but we were seriously considering adoption actually, due to my life's story and childhood, i have little (none actually) care to bloodties. Went through lots of adoption center and supports and actually, if whenever possible, would be good to adopt too, they they need your love and care much more than your unborn child. For all you know they could even be far more filial to you than your own blood and bone laugh.gif

Unfortunately for me, first was a shotgun, second was partly pressured sweat.gif
nuvi
post Jul 21 2018, 10:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,988 posts

QUOTE(Dom dominic @ Jul 21 2018, 08:16 PM)
If time could be back. I just shoot whatever my sperms in my university days and let one of the girls first come to me ask for marriage biggrin.gif

Marriage if delayed you will be rugi time. Coz whatever your age you will still need to marry and will definitely afford to feed your child.

Think back when you're 20, does mature and responsible are part of your younger self?
SUSbig[1]
post Jul 21 2018, 10:12 PM

On my way
632 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Jul 21 2018, 08:02 PM)

what do you do for a living? if you dont mind me asking.

since you can afford to retire at 41years old. thats great!!
Hevlaska
post Jul 21 2018, 10:31 PM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(big1 @ Jul 21 2018, 10:12 PM)
what do you do for a living?  if you dont mind me asking.

since you can afford to retire at 41years old. thats great!!
It wasnt easy, had to sacrifice much to build my company, 70% of sleep time is spent on flight or moving vehicles, every other waking hour is business. Only get to meet wifey 3-5 days a month, the rest spent working, travelling or mostly sleeping in hotel near office for business convenience among many other major mental/health sacrifice for the comedy we all know as the "great rat race".

I was in property line (Dev/Mgmt/Invt) (MNC), built reasonably good property investment portfolio through the years across countries where we expanded. Grew from 12 man domestic small Japanese company to full fledged public listed company in JASDAQ over the course of 9 years. Not long after IPO, my share was pretty decent and without realizing my own accomplishment, i think i have pretty much enough to keep myself sustained with many other of my minor smaller side businesses.

With a total networth of my investment's loan having 65% serviced, not taking into account capital gains and rental income, i think i'm pretty much ready to hit the sack and take it slow just maintaining the flow of income i get now and make up all the lost years with wife and family, they deserve better and my health badly deteriorating from the long run. I don't consider myself rich, i just found something more valuable than money and the answer to what money can't buy icon_rolleyes.gif
SUSbig[1]
post Jul 21 2018, 10:36 PM

On my way
632 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Jul 21 2018, 10:31 PM)
It wasnt easy, had to sacrifice much to build my company, 70% of sleep time is spent on flight or moving vehicles, every other waking hour is business. Only get to meet wifey 3-5 days a month, the rest spent working, travelling or mostly sleeping in hotel near office for business convenience among many other major mental/health sacrifice for the comedy we all know as the "great rat race".

I was in property line (Dev/Mgmt/Invt) (MNC), built reasonably good property investment portfolio through the years across countries where we expanded. Grew from 12 man domestic small Japanese company to full fledged public listed company in JASDAQ over the course of 9 years. Not long after IPO, my share was pretty decent and without realizing my own accomplishment, i think i have pretty much enough to keep myself sustained with many other of my minor smaller side businesses.

With a total networth of my investment's loan having 65% serviced, not taking into account capital gains and rental income, i think i'm pretty much ready to hit the sack and take it slow just maintaining the flow of income i get now and make up all the lost years with wife and family, they deserve better and my health badly deteriorating from the long run. I don't consider myself rich, i just found something more valuable than money and the answer to what money can't buy icon_rolleyes.gif
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
Hevlaska
post Jul 21 2018, 10:40 PM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(big1 @ Jul 21 2018, 10:36 PM)
notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
Will and Perseverance!

Anyone can do it if you REALLY want it and it also comes with a hefty price(seriously, nothing is free), prepare to pay if you make the jump!
Hevlaska
post Jul 21 2018, 11:12 PM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(Dom dominic @ Jul 21 2018, 10:59 PM)
Envy you I cannot do this. I always feel sleepy and have to sleep at least 8 hours. Any tips to reduce my sleep hours?
On the contrary, i have so much trouble sleeping and its such a pain to fall asleep, perhaps this is what people call "Occupational Hazard"... i can make do with only 3-4 hour sleep daily and 1 or 2 session of 30 mins power nap in the day sweat.gif

Any tips to help me sleep better? I spent quite alot on bed comforts and bedroom comforts as well.

2 Pages < 1 2
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:56 PM