Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

views

TSpyre
post Jul 20 2018, 10:35 PM, updated 6y ago

28 posts

Pathfinder: Kingmaker will take players on a tour through the infamous Stolen Lands, the dangerous and turbulent territories well known within Pathfinder fandom. The computer RPG will revisit familiar characters and well-known locations of the series’ lore as well as treat players to brand new adventures, deadly foes and unforeseen twists and turns. Fans of the fantasy pen-and-paper RPG will experience its epic, heroic universe in new ways while computer RPG gamers will discover their favorite genre in a more contemporary light, in stunning 3D graphics that bring the universe to life.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker will challenge players as both adventurers and rulers as they will be able to claim explored lands and carve their own kingdom from the wilderness. Kingdom founding will go beyond simple stronghold-building to become a true reflection of the hero’s character and choices made throughout the game. Each kingdom will be a living thing shaped by alignment, choices, allies and the hero’s ability to lead his or her people.

This post has been edited by pyre: Jul 24 2018, 08:57 PM
chibiheroes
post Jul 24 2018, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

like baldurs gate ka this
TSpyre
post Sep 4 2018, 11:15 PM

28 posts

TSpyre
post Sep 21 2018, 01:03 AM

28 posts

reversependulum
post Sep 21 2018, 04:25 PM

27 posts

It looks like rtwp with 3.5 ruleset

I prefer turn base combat like toee with aoo, readied attack etc

or full real time like skyrim or dota haha
shaff
post Oct 2 2018, 09:24 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

Fun game and quite challange if compare to baldurs/poe
TSpyre
post Oct 13 2018, 11:19 AM

28 posts

nickykee
post Oct 15 2018, 08:15 AM

45 posts

watch cohh play alot.

seems to have alot of bug.

but game is still fun and looking good
ben_panced
post Oct 15 2018, 09:36 AM

PC and MotorBicycle Enthusiast
962 posts

This game is very good. I already spent close to 50 hours yet only still in act 2.
Archaven
post Oct 18 2018, 09:01 PM

It isn't Death you should be afraid of
1,201 posts

Better than pillars of eternity deadfire?
TSpyre
post Feb 28 2019, 07:54 PM

28 posts

aishinono
post Mar 4 2019, 04:58 AM

9 posts

Played this game some time ago. I've posted my experience on it in another forum. Here, I'll just copy paste it. If you don't want to read the rest, just understand that the system requirements posted on Steam is a total lie. You need way better system to play the game. There's even a nickname for this game,

Bugfinder: Loadmaker

Yes, that's what the gaming community is calling it.

When I got the game, I installed, after removing my beloved Starcraft 2 and DragonAge: Origins to free space. My very first impression of the game was, "Oh my god, Unity!!! Kenar-kun didn't say this is a Unity game!!! It's okay, it's okay. Let's give it a chance. All Unity games suck ass, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to meet a few golden pigs once in a blue moon."

Then I waited, and waited, and waited. Then I went to the grocery store to buy ice cream. I came back 10 minutes after leaving for the grocery store, and it hasn't even loaded yet!!! What the fuck?!!! They weren't kidding when they said it would take several minutes to load. While waiting, I was thinking, "This is taking a god lot of time," and then the game crashed.

I was like "WTF? You made me wait for half an hour and then you crashed on me?" I then opened task manager, and closed any program that I considered unnecessary. Then I gave the game another chance. The first time could be a fluke, after all.

After half an hour, I finally entered the main menu, by this time my laptop is feeling like a furnace, and it's only the main menu. I turned on the air conditioner to the lowest settings, 16 degrees celsius to counteract the heat caused by Unity engine. I also set everything to the lowest possible setting, though setting the game to fullscreen caused it to crash.

Then I started to design my character, and the game hanged, and hanged, and hanged, until it showed the background of windows, and I saw on the task manager that it took 3.7 Gig of memory! And I thought, "Where the fuck did these assholes learn memory management? You preload stuff that you need to use at that particular moment, not preload the entire game at once!"

Then I finally managed to get into the game. Played until I finally entered the Stolen Lands, before it crashed for out of memory again. Apparently it crashed to desktop around 3.3-3.6 gigs.

To even get into the game, I needed to start the game 3 times, 2 of them would crash.

I started the game again, hoping third time's the charm. I managed to play, but the loading time was horrendous. I thought, "Why the hell does it take your menu screen half an hour to load?" I know the half an hour is only for the loading screen, because every scene also took a damn long time to preload. Why do these take a long time to preload? It's just pixels! Did they HD 3D the menu buttons as well? PNG and GIF works just as well. One image for off, one image for float, one image for on, doesn't even take 500KB even at the most HD PNG setting.

Up to now, I has played this game for 26 hours. 1 hour was for creating my character, which is great, the character creation system is great. About 6-7 accumulated hours of actually playing the game. The rest of the time was spent looking at the loading screen.

I decided to remove the game. It's probably got what I want, but because of the long loading screen, I couldn't even start making my own kingdom. This is why I hate Unity games. They all have the same characteristics: high memory usage, unexplained GPU overheating and unnecessary high requirements. The graphics at the lowest setting (I wouldn't know about highest setting) is not much different from Baldur's Gate, yet Baldur's Gate could be played even on Windows 2000. Programmers these days just do not understand memory economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BUljI4d9FI

This post has been edited by aishinono: Mar 4 2019, 05:16 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.77    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:16 AM