Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car accident report, Need help with police report

views

TSI4Yang
post Jul 19 2018, 10:50 PM, updated 6y ago

10 posts

Hi, I need advice from you guys. Last month I had a car accident (banging someone car back - minor bumper bent) and within the 24hr of the accident happened, we have agreed to settle the damage outside ( can be proven in whatapp conversation). I brought that person to workshop ,fixed his damaged and paid all of it. I thought it was end of it but today i received a police report, Apparently that person have made police report and told me he wanted to settle outside and so I paid for his car damage. Right now, should I inform that third party car owner to request him to withdraw the report or proceed to tell the mad.gif mad.gif officer what happened and show him our whatapp conversation? Guys, please advice me what should I do. Felt like beiing double crossed by this guy mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
lawrencesha
post Jul 19 2018, 10:54 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

Can open a criminal case against him... like that also can... first time hearing this.
spy1hitman
post Jul 19 2018, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

tell the person you accident why he report the police, if he just shit with you then go report the police.

just my opinion

This post has been edited by spy1hitman: Jul 19 2018, 11:08 PM
xemoboyx
post Jul 19 2018, 11:51 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

lol, what a stupid feller.. he can be charged with report palsu if u report back against him...
rcracer
post Jul 20 2018, 07:57 PM

?????
3,743 posts

Both go report , pay the fine as you yourself memang in wrong and done.

Oldskolboyz
post Jul 20 2018, 09:44 PM

Regular
1,422 posts

QUOTE(xemoboyx @ Jul 19 2018, 11:51 PM)
lol, what a stupid feller.. he can be charged with report palsu if u report back against him...
Nope.. that fella report valid coz accident did happen.. To TS, just go to police station told the true story + proof & ask for advice what to do next..
Ginny88
post Jul 20 2018, 10:24 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

QUOTE(I4Yang @ Jul 19 2018, 10:50 PM)
Hi, I need advice from you guys. Last month I had a car accident (banging someone car back - minor bumper bent) and within the 24hr  of the accident happened, we have agreed to settle the damage outside ( can be proven in whatapp conversation). I brought that person to workshop ,fixed his damaged and paid all of it. I thought it was end of it but today i received a police report, Apparently that person have made police report and told me he wanted to settle outside and so I paid for his car damage. Right now, should I inform that third party car owner to request him to withdraw the report or proceed to tell the  mad.gif  mad.gif officer what happened and show him our whatapp conversation? Guys, please advice me what should I do. Felt like beiing double crossed by this guy mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif
Don't make a police report or you will help him to claim your insurance which amounts to double dipping. The process of claiming insurance without the other party making a report and getting a 'Keputusan' that he is in the wrong is tedious and he will probably give up.

I'm afraid there is nothing the police can do to help you. They will just follow procedure and ignore the outside settlement.

scorgio
post Jul 20 2018, 11:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,571 posts

TS, when u want to compensate someone for an accident.
Always get the person's IC, and write a note/notice/declaration & get him to sign.
TSI4Yang
post Jul 25 2018, 10:21 AM

10 posts

Just an update, last week I made a appointment and met with the officer. I have explained the whole situation, providing our whatapp conversation and car repair receipt. The officer took a look and told me no longer being charged. The whole process took a jiffy. Thank god.. relieved whew! @scorgio , and yea definitely will do that in future but hopefully dont need to.

This post has been edited by I4Yang: Jul 25 2018, 10:21 AM
ericong77
post Jul 25 2018, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(I4Yang @ Jul 25 2018, 10:21 AM)
Just an update, last week I made a appointment and met with the officer. I have explained the whole situation, providing our whatapp conversation and car repair receipt. The officer took a look and told me no longer being charged. The whole process took a jiffy. Thank god.. relieved whew! @scorgio , and yea definitely will do that in future but hopefully dont need to.
You didn't get saman from the police?
TSI4Yang
post Jul 26 2018, 10:59 AM

10 posts

nope, i didn .. thankfully

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.62    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:42 AM