Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review EDIFIER R12U USB POWERED SPEAKER, Is it worth for your bucks?

views

TSJjuggler
post Jul 19 2018, 09:04 PM, updated 6y ago

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

Full review available @ EDIFIER R12U USB Powered Speaker - Worth or not?

I bought the speaker from the shop nearby my home. However, EDIFIER are giving special discount on this speakers as well as their other speakers as well. Highly recommended.

[attachmentid=9926202]

Recently, I bought a pair of EDIFIER LUNA E25HD from them for my new rig. I will review the EDIFIER LUNA E25HD soon.

Link: EDIFIER R12U

OVERVIEW

They're handy, able to fit even into a smallest place. This pair of cute little speakers suits for university students and office users.

[attachmentid=9926184]

The setup process of this speaker is easy as, all you need to do is, to plug in the given USB cable to the available USB ports in your computer and the given 3.5mm audio jack.

[attachmentid=9926185]

This speaker comes with a single USB cable which serves as the main electric supply to the speaker and a single 3.5mm audio jack (male) cable.

[attachmentid=9926187]

As for the given I/O of the speaker, the speaker comes with a single volume knob which serves as to turn on the speaker and increase the volume similar to traditional speakers and a single female 3.5mm audio jack port.

[attachmentid=9926191]

Let's move to the main agenda here. Shall we?

AUDIO QUALITY

I will divide in the simplest way of explaining the quality of bass, clarity and balance audio.

[attachmentid=9926192]

Reminder: “If you wish for a good audio quality, you should tweak your equalizer settings of your respective soundboard manufacturer“.

Bass

For a pair of USB powered speaker, the bass quality of this speaker is decent. Mind you that, the bass reflex port given at the front of the speaker is not fake. The driver does pump a decent amount of bass and I can feel the air coming out of the bass reflex port.

Clarity

The vocal clarity of this speaker, well...simply the best for USB powered speaker. Not too muddy, although all the bass and vocal has to be done in the same speaker driver.

Balance

As for this category, the speaker did a good job even when used with onboard sound card. I mean, the audio quality of both bass and vocal when played at the same time, simply superb, although, I must opt, the best so far.

ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES

Advantages:

1. Cheap
2. Portable
3. Premium material used (Both for speaker casing and the driver - Feels solid man!)
4. Having a single 3.5mm female port at the front of the speaker - Suitable for headphone users.

Disadvantages:

1. Only 3 color options were given
2. Bass went slightly muddy as the volume were turned up.

FINAL VERDICT

To fully enjoy the audio from this speaker, the volume should be turned on atleast, 1/2 of the full volume, then only, you can enjoy the balance audio. This speaker suitable for students (university) and for office users.

[attachmentid=9926190]

If you're a gamer by any chance, this speaker is not for you. However, this speaker made for people whose don't care about bass, but a decent speaker that can give them a perfect moment hearing their favorite musics.

Thank You.

This post has been edited by Jjuggler: Jul 19 2018, 09:08 PM
earshore
post Jul 21 2018, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

it looks quite small.
TSJjuggler
post Jul 21 2018, 08:36 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(earshore @ Jul 21 2018, 02:59 PM)
it looks quite small.
It is. But don't judge the audio quality from its size. rclxms.gif
leon898
post Aug 1 2018, 04:47 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

if compare to sonic gear Quattro? which one has better output?
TSJjuggler
post Aug 1 2018, 05:24 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Aug 1 2018, 04:47 PM)
if compare to sonic gear Quattro? which one has better output?
To be honest brother, I didn't test out sonic gear Quattro. But, you can go to any retail shop that selling the speaker of your questions to directly test it out. As for the Edifier R12U, i can feel the bass, but not as strong enough and do note that, I use the onboard soundcard and, I can utilize my hearing experience and the bass through the speaker ONLY when the volume is above 1/2. All i can advise is, kindly go to the shop and test it out by yourself. It is much more better bro. Yourself satisfactions are important since, you're the one who going to use it bro.
Axelredan
post Aug 1 2018, 10:23 PM

Casual
369 posts

Build quality looks like complete cheap plastic (bad even for its price range). Maybe black would make it look sleeker
TSJjuggler
post Aug 2 2018, 03:56 AM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(Axelredan @ Aug 1 2018, 10:23 PM)
Build quality looks like complete cheap plastic (bad even for its price range). Maybe black would make it look sleeker
The build quality, yes it is made from plastic, but it is solid enough. Not like other typical plastic bro. Black will be better and elegant.
rootlinux
post Aug 5 2018, 09:41 AM

Enthusiast
898 posts

QUOTE(Jjuggler @ Jul 19 2018, 09:04 PM)
Full review available @ EDIFIER R12U USB Powered Speaker - Worth or not?

I bought the speaker from the shop nearby my home. However, EDIFIER are giving special discount on this speakers as well as their other speakers as well. Highly recommended.

[attachmentid=9926202]

Recently, I bought a pair of EDIFIER LUNA E25HD from them for my new rig. I will review the EDIFIER LUNA E25HD soon.

Link: EDIFIER R12U

OVERVIEW

They're handy, able to fit even into a smallest place. This pair of cute little speakers suits for university students and office users.

[attachmentid=9926184]

The setup process of this speaker is easy as, all you need to do is, to plug in the given USB cable to the available USB ports in your computer and the given 3.5mm audio jack.

[attachmentid=9926185]

This speaker comes with a single USB cable which serves as the main electric supply to the speaker and a single 3.5mm audio jack (male) cable.

[attachmentid=9926187]

As for the given I/O of the speaker, the speaker comes with a single volume knob which serves as to turn on the speaker and increase the volume similar to traditional speakers and a single female 3.5mm audio jack port.

[attachmentid=9926191]

Let's move to the main agenda here. Shall we?

AUDIO QUALITY

I will divide in the simplest way of explaining the quality of bass, clarity and balance audio.

[attachmentid=9926192]

Reminder: “If you wish for a good audio quality, you should tweak your equalizer settings of your respective soundboard manufacturer“.

Bass

For a pair of USB powered speaker, the bass quality of this speaker is decent. Mind you that, the bass reflex port given at the front of the speaker is not fake. The driver does pump a decent amount of bass and I can feel the air coming out of the bass reflex port.

Clarity

The vocal clarity of this speaker, well...simply the best for USB powered speaker. Not too muddy, although all the bass and vocal has to be done in the same speaker driver.

Balance

As for this category, the speaker did a good job even when used with onboard sound card. I mean, the audio quality of both bass and vocal when played at the same time, simply superb, although, I must opt, the best so far.

ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES

Advantages:

1. Cheap
2. Portable
3. Premium material used (Both for speaker casing and the driver - Feels solid man!)
4. Having a single 3.5mm female port at the front of the speaker - Suitable for headphone users.

Disadvantages:

1. Only 3 color options were given
2. Bass went slightly muddy as the volume were turned up.

FINAL VERDICT

To fully enjoy the audio from this speaker, the volume should be turned on atleast, 1/2 of the full volume, then only, you can enjoy the balance audio. This speaker suitable for students (university) and for office users.

[attachmentid=9926190]

If you're a gamer by any chance, this speaker is not for you. However, this speaker made for people whose don't care about bass, but a decent speaker that can give them a perfect moment hearing their favorite musics.

Thank You.
I enjoyed this speaker with my Raspberry Pi desktop PC. thumbup.gif

TSJjuggler
post Aug 5 2018, 03:17 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(rootlinux @ Aug 5 2018, 09:41 AM)
I enjoyed this speaker with my Raspberry Pi desktop PC.  thumbup.gif
I am glad that you enjoyed your audio moment with this speaker my friend. rclxms.gif
shirohamada
post Aug 6 2018, 10:43 AM

Enthusiast
944 posts

if you value audio quality, do not buy.
put some money into r1280.

This post has been edited by shirohamada: Aug 6 2018, 10:43 AM
johnwei91
post Aug 8 2018, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

own an edifier speaker HC2330(not sure is this model), use for almost up to 5 years now, performance still okay(at least compare to normal speaker), after while during the visitation to IT gadget shop, only know there are a lot of, sorry its a ton of speaker is better....sigh....technologies flew.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.11    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:31 AM