Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

51 Pages « < 43 44 45 46 47 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> UNIFI You've been TURBO-ed... 800Mbps inkambing..., Just got email from TMnut... Cukurrrr...

views

redx.viii
post Jan 12 2019, 08:17 AM

Group: Newbie

Hi,
I want some clarify about turbo upgrade. My contract with TM unifi has been end.
Now, TM will be coming to change my modem (BTU) and is state for free. Meaning no charge and no extended contract right?

This post has been edited by redx.viii: Jan 12 2019, 11:39 AM
Zot
post Jan 12 2019, 07:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(redx.viii @ Jan 12 2019, 08:17 AM)
Hi,
I want some clarify about turbo upgrade. My contract with TM unifi has been end.
Now, TM will be coming to change my modem (BTU) and is state for free. Meaning no charge and no extended contract right?
The BTU is part of TM termination end converting optical signal to electrical. The BTU is lifetime warranty and will be replaced anytime if faulty. Mine also has been changed lately. No contract extension. The wireless AP (or so called wireless router by most) is warrantied for a year. After that if faulty, buy your own. If changed by TM, contract extended.
redx.viii
post Jan 12 2019, 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 12 2019, 07:44 PM)
The BTU is part of TM termination end converting optical signal to electrical. The BTU is lifetime warranty and will be replaced anytime if faulty. Mine also has been changed lately. No contract extension. The wireless AP (or so called wireless router by most) is warrantied for a year. After that if faulty, buy your own. If changed by TM, contract extended.
Thanks for the information!
redx.viii
post Jan 14 2019, 09:31 AM

Hi,
The technician ask for my login to my unifi password during replacing modem, is it ok to give?
Also, anyone know where to change login unifi password? Seems like the old portal is no longer available.

This post has been edited by redx.viii: Jan 14 2019, 09:59 AM
Zot
post Jan 14 2019, 10:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(redx.viii @ Jan 14 2019, 09:31 AM)
Hi,
The technician ask for my login to my unifi password during replacing modem, is it ok to give?
Also, anyone know where to change login unifi password? Seems like the old portal is no longer available.
Up to you to give or not. It is not likely the technician will go to the front of your house when he want to use Internet for free laugh.gif

All the technician need to proof to you is that the speed at the BTU port is up the the subscribed speed. The wireless router side, technician (or you) should know what speed the unit can go. They can advise you if you need to upgrade or not. If router can to to max speed but you laptop cannot, then it is your problem.

My house, the technician just verify at BTU port and also through the cable to my wireless router, which is homemade laugh.gif He took the picture of the router and asked his other colleague if the router can support (I was not home at that time). smile.gif
jdachum
post Jan 14 2019, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(laksamana @ Jan 11 2019, 09:26 PM)
TM charged me for a change in BTU (around RM188), after the technician came to say that I don't need a new one.

I've made a dispute to TM.

Should I also complain to MCMC??
I think that RM188 is for their D-link router. They also asked me if wanna buy their router at RM188.
redx.viii
post Jan 14 2019, 10:23 AM

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 14 2019, 10:08 AM)
Up to you to give or not. It is not likely the technician will go to the front of your house when he want to use Internet for free  laugh.gif

All the technician need to proof to you is that the speed at the BTU port is up the the subscribed speed. The wireless router side, technician (or you) should know what speed the unit can go. They can advise you if you need to upgrade or not. If router can to to max speed but you laptop cannot, then it is your problem.

My house, the technician just verify at BTU port and also through the cable to my wireless router, which is homemade  laugh.gif  He took the picture of the router and asked his other colleague if the router can support (I was not home at that time).  smile.gif
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Understood. My router not that good, up to 300Mbps and not dual band too. Definitely, I need to get a good router. As long as the technician tested my home internet line confirm can run 480-500 Mbps using cable, that's already good.

By the way, do yo know, how to change our password? Just in case if I wanted. Last time I can login to the old TM site and able to change plus can change wifi hotspot password as well. But now it redirect to unifi.com.my already. And no longer using old login like '<myaccount>@unifi' / '<myaccount>@streamyx'. New one now is using and replaced with our own personal email already.

Zot
post Jan 14 2019, 10:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(redx.viii @ Jan 14 2019, 10:23 AM)
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Understood. My router not that good, up to 300Mbps and not dual band too. Definitely, I need to get a good router. As long as the technician tested my home internet line confirm can run 480-500 Mbps using cable, that's already good.

By the way, do yo know, how to change our password? Just in case if I wanted. Last time I can login to the old TM site  and able to change plus can change wifi hotspot password as well. But now it redirect to unifi.com.my already. And no longer using old login like '<myaccount>@unifi' / '<myaccount>@streamyx'. New one now is using and replaced with our own personal email already.
Do you mean the WAN username password to establish connection to Unifi service? I never change and just recorded the original that is generated which is hard to remember. I think you can TM to get your username password. I had mine stored in my phone laugh.gif

They changed it? When I installed my new router, I still used mine @unifi and original password. That was probably 6 months ago. If I remembered it right, I did asked them before and they sent me the password which is computer generated through e-mail. I did not changed it, long 13 characters with numbers, Caps and small letters blink.gif
myteam94
post Jan 14 2019, 10:47 AM

Getting Started

how to know whether you are upgrade or not?

because if Unifi didnt upgrade my house unifi till march

thought wanna port out and go for Maxis 1 Fibre (combine both line and fibre for unlimited data)
redx.viii
post Jan 14 2019, 10:54 AM

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 14 2019, 10:44 AM)
Do you mean the WAN username password to establish connection to Unifi service? I never change and just recorded the original that is generated which is hard to remember. I think you can TM to get your username password. I had mine stored in my phone  laugh.gif

They changed it? When I installed my new router, I still used mine @unifi and original password. That was probably 6 months ago. If I remembered it right, I did asked them before and they sent me the password which is computer generated through e-mail. I did not changed it, long 13 characters with numbers, Caps and small letters  blink.gif
Yes. WAN username password to establish connection to Unifi service.

Ya, I still be using @unifi. But the website login portal.
Zot
post Jan 14 2019, 10:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Jan 14 2019, 10:47 AM)
how to know whether you are upgrade or not?

because if Unifi didnt upgrade my house unifi till march

thought wanna port out and go for Maxis 1 Fibre (combine both line and fibre for unlimited data)
Just login into your personal account and check status
myteam94
post Jan 14 2019, 11:03 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 14 2019, 10:59 AM)
Just login into your personal account and check status
it didnt say any update
only mention expected upgrade from Oct - Dec 2018
rclxub.gif

even the latest i try to subscribe for my dad Streamyx Biz to Unifi program also no news shocking.gif
Quantum Geist
post Jan 14 2019, 11:08 AM

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Jan 14 2019, 11:03 AM)
it didnt say any update
only mention expected upgrade from Oct - Dec 2018
rclxub.gif

even the latest i try to subscribe for my dad Streamyx Biz to Unifi program also no news  shocking.gif
My experience is suddenly one day get sms that my account got the turbo upgrade.

There is no courtesy call or anything, just sms. Not that I'm complaining.
myteam94
post Jan 14 2019, 11:11 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Quantum Geist @ Jan 14 2019, 11:08 AM)
My experience is suddenly one day get sms that my account got the turbo upgrade.

There is no courtesy call or anything, just sms. Not that I'm complaining.
i did talk to TM CS previously

if i didnt get last year, this year might be getting the upgrade but i wait till march
if not upgrade by then

might port out and opt for Maxis since i can combine with my current line. nod.gif
Fat & Fluffy
post Jan 14 2019, 12:51 PM

Getting Started

shit... upgraded liao.. with new router... but it seems the router is not friendly towards my phone... any idea why? laptops on wifi very good... but on phone like shit...
Zot
post Jan 14 2019, 12:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jan 14 2019, 12:51 PM)
shit... upgraded liao.. with new router... but it seems the router is not friendly towards my phone... any idea why? laptops on wifi very good... but on phone like shit...
The router can set channel bandwidth. In general, most devices use 20MHz bandwidth, but when setting to higher throughput mode, the bandwidth can be 40, or 80MHz band. Bigger bandwidth invites more interference. Check if you router automatic change to all bandwidth. Not really if they do that either tongue.gif

Try set to 20Mhz and them 40Mhz. Test at each setting if anything improves.

I get my phone performs better than my laptop. More throughput at same distance which means my phone is more sensitive or more tolerant. Get 430Mbps + at about 3m from router. My Unifi speed is only 500Mbps.
Fat & Fluffy
post Jan 14 2019, 01:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 14 2019, 02:58 PM)
The router can set channel bandwidth. In general, most devices use 20MHz bandwidth, but when setting to higher throughput mode, the bandwidth can be 40, or 80MHz band. Bigger bandwidth invites more interference. Check if you router automatic change to all bandwidth. Not really if they do that either  tongue.gif

Try set to 20Mhz and them 40Mhz. Test at each setting if anything improves.

I get my phone performs better than my laptop. More throughput at same distance which means my phone is more sensitive or more tolerant. Get 430Mbps + at about 3m from router. My Unifi speed is only 500Mbps.
yea, auto so far... kk, will try

mine only 100mbps package... laptops getting 40mbps @ 2.5ghz.. enough cause reliable... but phone same distance @ either 2.5 / 5 ghz line also bad... sometimes not connected or no data at all also... Zzzzz
ReaperX
post Jan 14 2019, 01:10 PM

U can be the moon but still be jealous of the stars.

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jan 14 2019, 12:51 PM)
Is the router by TM? which model?
Fat & Fluffy
post Jan 14 2019, 01:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ReaperX @ Jan 14 2019, 03:10 PM)
Is the router by TM? which model?
dlink dir-842 c2 ac1200

This post has been edited by Fat & Fluffy: Jan 14 2019, 01:16 PM
ReaperX
post Jan 14 2019, 03:57 PM

U can be the moon but still be jealous of the stars.

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jan 14 2019, 01:14 PM)
dlink dir-842 c2 ac1200
provided by TM?

Mine just got Turbo-ed to 300mbps and still thinking whether to go for TM's option for RM188 router (not sure which model) upgrade or get a TP-Link AC1200 myself.

51 Pages « < 43 44 45 46 47 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0767sec    2.80    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th June 2019 - 10:50 AM