Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages « < 43 44 45 46 47 >Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> UNIFI You've been TURBO-ed... 800Mbps inkambing..., Just got email from TMnut... Cukurrrr...

Zot
post Jan 10 2019, 04:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jan 10 2019, 03:51 PM)
if router to laptop via lan is 105, if wifi 90+
So, what is your turbo speed? If more than 100Mbps, then why didn't you asked them why only 100Mbps?

They use their laptop or yours? Need at least CAT5e (not CAT5) cable to go more than 100Mbps and your laptop LAN port has to be Gb port.

Not sure what are you expecting?

Fat & Fluffy
post Jan 10 2019, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 10 2019, 06:21 PM)
So, what is your turbo speed? If more than 100Mbps, then why didn't you asked them why only 100Mbps?

They use their laptop or yours? Need at least CAT5e (not CAT5) cable to go more than 100Mbps and your laptop LAN port has to be Gb port.

Not sure what are you expecting?

huh... mine cheapest package ler.. 100mpbs only... max already what
Zot
post Jan 10 2019, 05:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jan 10 2019, 04:59 PM)
huh... mine cheapest package ler.. 100mpbs only... max already what
So you get router that can support faster than Internet connection. Next they will keep calling you for upgrade laugh.gif
Fat & Fluffy
post Jan 10 2019, 05:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 10 2019, 07:08 PM)
So you get router that can support faster than Internet connection. Next they will keep calling you for upgrade  laugh.gif
its a 1gbps router lor...
Zot
post Jan 10 2019, 05:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jan 10 2019, 05:09 PM)
its a 1gbps router lor...
AC1200 sound like having 1.2GBps speed but they actually ass the speeds from both 2,4 and 5 GHz bands

WiFi-speed 2,4 GHz 300 Mbps
WiFi-speed 5 GHz 867 Mbps

Fat & Fluffy
post Jan 10 2019, 11:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 10 2019, 07:17 PM)
AC1200 sound like having 1.2GBps speed but they actually ass the speeds from both 2,4 and 5 GHz bands

WiFi-speed 2,4 GHz  300 Mbps
WiFi-speed 5 GHz  867 Mbps
ya ya... but my package only 100mbps... so ok la
Zot
post Jan 11 2019, 03:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(pr0pofol @ Jan 9 2019, 11:34 PM)
bro, u have to call and start shouting at them
i waited one month by sending report after report, then i couldnt take it anymore, call and shouted at TM
next day straight technician call and replace new BTU
Just to days after my online chat, the technician came to change the BTU today. Need to confirm the speed when I get home today smile.gif
laksamana
post Jan 11 2019, 09:26 PM

On my way

TM charged me for a change in BTU (around RM188), after the technician came to say that I don't need a new one.

I've made a dispute to TM.

Should I also complain to MCMC??
Zot
post Jan 12 2019, 06:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(laksamana @ Jan 11 2019, 09:26 PM)
TM charged me for a change in BTU (around RM188), after the technician came to say that I don't need a new one.

How come change BTU need to pay? Tech came and change for free only. ANyway, the BTU is lifetime warranty and owned by TM.

If you complained and the fault is not on TM side you get charged for serviced, RM55 maybe?
redx.viii
post Jan 12 2019, 08:17 AM

Group: Newbie

Hi,
I want some clarify about turbo upgrade. My contract with TM unifi has been end.
Now, TM will be coming to change my modem (BTU) and is state for free. Meaning no charge and no extended contract right?

This post has been edited by redx.viii: Jan 12 2019, 11:39 AM
Zot
post Jan 12 2019, 07:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(redx.viii @ Jan 12 2019, 08:17 AM)
Hi,
I want some clarify about turbo upgrade. My contract with TM unifi has been end.
Now, TM will be coming to change my modem (BTU) and is state for free. Meaning no charge and no extended contract right?
The BTU is part of TM termination end converting optical signal to electrical. The BTU is lifetime warranty and will be replaced anytime if faulty. Mine also has been changed lately. No contract extension. The wireless AP (or so called wireless router by most) is warrantied for a year. After that if faulty, buy your own. If changed by TM, contract extended.
redx.viii
post Jan 12 2019, 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 12 2019, 07:44 PM)
The BTU is part of TM termination end converting optical signal to electrical. The BTU is lifetime warranty and will be replaced anytime if faulty. Mine also has been changed lately. No contract extension. The wireless AP (or so called wireless router by most) is warrantied for a year. After that if faulty, buy your own. If changed by TM, contract extended.
Thanks for the information!
redx.viii
post Jan 14 2019, 09:31 AM

Hi,
The technician ask for my login to my unifi password during replacing modem, is it ok to give?
Also, anyone know where to change login unifi password? Seems like the old portal is no longer available.

This post has been edited by redx.viii: Jan 14 2019, 09:59 AM
Zot
post Jan 14 2019, 10:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(redx.viii @ Jan 14 2019, 09:31 AM)
Hi,
The technician ask for my login to my unifi password during replacing modem, is it ok to give?
Also, anyone know where to change login unifi password? Seems like the old portal is no longer available.
Up to you to give or not. It is not likely the technician will go to the front of your house when he want to use Internet for free laugh.gif

All the technician need to proof to you is that the speed at the BTU port is up the the subscribed speed. The wireless router side, technician (or you) should know what speed the unit can go. They can advise you if you need to upgrade or not. If router can to to max speed but you laptop cannot, then it is your problem.

My house, the technician just verify at BTU port and also through the cable to my wireless router, which is homemade laugh.gif He took the picture of the router and asked his other colleague if the router can support (I was not home at that time). smile.gif
jdachum
post Jan 14 2019, 10:18 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(laksamana @ Jan 11 2019, 09:26 PM)

I think that RM188 is for their D-link router. They also asked me if wanna buy their router at RM188.
redx.viii
post Jan 14 2019, 10:23 AM

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 14 2019, 10:08 AM)
Up to you to give or not. It is not likely the technician will go to the front of your house when he want to use Internet for free  laugh.gif

All the technician need to proof to you is that the speed at the BTU port is up the the subscribed speed. The wireless router side, technician (or you) should know what speed the unit can go. They can advise you if you need to upgrade or not. If router can to to max speed but you laptop cannot, then it is your problem.

My house, the technician just verify at BTU port and also through the cable to my wireless router, which is homemade  laugh.gif  He took the picture of the router and asked his other colleague if the router can support (I was not home at that time).  smile.gif
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Understood. My router not that good, up to 300Mbps and not dual band too. Definitely, I need to get a good router. As long as the technician tested my home internet line confirm can run 480-500 Mbps using cable, that's already good.

By the way, do yo know, how to change our password? Just in case if I wanted. Last time I can login to the old TM site and able to change plus can change wifi hotspot password as well. But now it redirect to unifi.com.my already. And no longer using old login like '<myaccount>@unifi' / '<myaccount>@streamyx'. New one now is using and replaced with our own personal email already.

Zot
post Jan 14 2019, 10:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(redx.viii @ Jan 14 2019, 10:23 AM)
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Understood. My router not that good, up to 300Mbps and not dual band too. Definitely, I need to get a good router. As long as the technician tested my home internet line confirm can run 480-500 Mbps using cable, that's already good.

By the way, do yo know, how to change our password? Just in case if I wanted. Last time I can login to the old TM site  and able to change plus can change wifi hotspot password as well. But now it redirect to unifi.com.my already. And no longer using old login like '<myaccount>@unifi' / '<myaccount>@streamyx'. New one now is using and replaced with our own personal email already.
Do you mean the WAN username password to establish connection to Unifi service? I never change and just recorded the original that is generated which is hard to remember. I think you can TM to get your username password. I had mine stored in my phone laugh.gif

They changed it? When I installed my new router, I still used mine @unifi and original password. That was probably 6 months ago. If I remembered it right, I did asked them before and they sent me the password which is computer generated through e-mail. I did not changed it, long 13 characters with numbers, Caps and small letters blink.gif
myteam94
post Jan 14 2019, 10:47 AM

Getting Started

how to know whether you are upgrade or not?

because if Unifi didnt upgrade my house unifi till march

thought wanna port out and go for Maxis 1 Fibre (combine both line and fibre for unlimited data)
redx.viii
post Jan 14 2019, 10:54 AM

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 14 2019, 10:44 AM)
Do you mean the WAN username password to establish connection to Unifi service? I never change and just recorded the original that is generated which is hard to remember. I think you can TM to get your username password. I had mine stored in my phone  laugh.gif

They changed it? When I installed my new router, I still used mine @unifi and original password. That was probably 6 months ago. If I remembered it right, I did asked them before and they sent me the password which is computer generated through e-mail. I did not changed it, long 13 characters with numbers, Caps and small letters  blink.gif
Yes. WAN username password to establish connection to Unifi service.

Ya, I still be using @unifi. But the website login portal.
Zot
post Jan 14 2019, 10:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Jan 14 2019, 10:47 AM)
how to know whether you are upgrade or not?

because if Unifi didnt upgrade my house unifi till march

thought wanna port out and go for Maxis 1 Fibre (combine both line and fibre for unlimited data)
Just login into your personal account and check status

47 Pages « < 43 44 45 46 47 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0840sec    6.65    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th January 2019 - 12:37 PM