Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How does UK tax work?

views

TScuddlydemon
post Jul 18 2018, 10:46 PM, updated 6y ago

0 posts

Hello biggrin.gif

I have successfully applied for a job within my company at the UK office. Yay!

Now come the issues of money. I want to send money I earn in the UK back to my parents here, and some to my savings account here. How will that be taxed? I understand I will pay normal income tax and national insurance in England, which I am fine with and calculated extremely easily with this tool I found, but I won't be working in Malaysia so surely I won't be taxed when I send money here? I don't want to be worrying about little things like this so hope someone can put my mind to rest.

Many thanks!
mystalyzer
post Jul 19 2018, 06:18 AM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(cuddlydemon @ Jul 18 2018, 10:46 PM)
Hello biggrin.gif

I have successfully applied for a job within my company at the UK office. Yay!

Now come the issues of money. I want to send money I earn in the UK back to my parents here, and some to my savings account here. How will that be taxed? I understand I will pay normal income tax and national insurance in England, which I am fine with and calculated extremely easily with this tool I found, but I won't be working in Malaysia so surely I won't be taxed when I send money here? I don't want to be worrying about little things like this so hope someone can put my mind to rest.

Many thanks!
Congrats! I hope you got your visa and everything approved smile.gif

Yes, NI and PAYE will be deducted automatically from your salary and online calculators are fairly accurate.

You won't be taxed for the money you sent back to Malaysia as money that ends up in your UK bank account is already taxed

I send back money all the time for a few years now without any issues
Qalix
post Feb 9 2019, 02:23 PM

0 posts

Good job! Hope it all goes well in your new work place.

You could make use of sending via your own bank, or through Western Union if you prefer.

But you shouldn't worry about tax as it would have already been taxed anyway.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:49 PM