Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review Thinkware F200, Thinkware's Latest Entry Level Dashcam

views

FollowMeRogerThat
post Mar 18 2019, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
229 posts

Thanks for the review, am checking out your site but meanwhile I would like to seek recommendation for models based on price that I was quoted in my area.. how does F200 compare to iRoad Q7, Q9 and X9?

I was initially looking through for F800 Pro since it's quite highly mentioned in forums but the quoted price is way beyond my budget.

I'm liking the function of F200 that has GPS to warn speed traps. How good/bad was the function based on your experience?
FollowMeRogerThat
post Mar 18 2019, 04:01 PM

Getting Started
229 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Mar 18 2019, 03:06 PM)
F200 is the entry level model. But will need to purchase the GPS module for the speed trap function. But the rear cam is only 720p.

iRoad X series is the latest. Q series is older. I don't think iRoad have the speed trap functions.

Can look at the newer Thinkware X700 mid range as both channels is 1080p. But this has a screen.
Thanks Joey.

I have done quite abit of forum readings. It's like the more I know the more I can't decide, since knowing some are good but it's out of my budget.

I was decided on iRoad Q7 for the price quoted vs function until I read that some forumers here or elsewhere mentioned that Thinkware F200 has prompts for speed traps which sounds like a sweet function to have.

Does F200 speed trap function do a beep when close to one or it's voice prompt?

My local workshop did not quote me on X700 but instead F770 for mid range but price quoted 2k++ is not that ideal for me biggrin.gif

bonus questions,

1. how many GB sd card is ideal with plenty of driving through the day and requires recording for overnight parking at home

2. would you lean towards the ones with screen? I thought screen on dashcam is quite extra and I would prefer something more concealed. Maybe you wanna shed some light on purpose of screen?

This post has been edited by FollowMeRogerThat: Mar 18 2019, 04:18 PM
FollowMeRogerThat
post Mar 20 2019, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
229 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Mar 18 2019, 06:17 PM)
It will beep then voice prompt starting from 700m away then again when getting closer.

F770 for rm2k+? Can get F800 Pro for that price. X700 is about rm1.5++

Dual dashcam I prefer to get the 64GB as minimum or 128GB if can.

I prefer discreet more than a screen but sometimes having a screen brings back memories of my 1st dashcam laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

With a screen, there is no wifi and vice-versa. Some prefer to use wifi than using the controls on the screen.
Thanks for info buddy.

No screen for me that's for sure, I would much prefer a discreet dashcam that even does not have notification LED. If it does then I'll have to put a sticker there to hide it biggrin.gif

The pricing is from my local JB workshops so I guess maybe market rosak already here.

Good work btw TS.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:51 AM