Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Alibaba Firsttimer, alibaba basic procedure

views

TSMarHazK
post Jul 15 2018, 04:20 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
75 posts

Anyone know how to use order, pay & receive items via Alibaba?

Planning to purchase 1 item weighted 15-20kg.
Zot
post Jul 15 2018, 04:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

It is similar in general like other online shopping but Alibaba is cheaper due it its main customers are traders. Normally volume purchase. If small quantity, then AliExpress. Price generally higher though
TSMarHazK
post Jul 15 2018, 06:53 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

how about shipment then? Do i need to ask from DHL to collect the items from the seller then ship to my house? never tried before anyway
JimbeamofNRT
post Jul 16 2018, 01:20 AM

the Original Lanji@_ Chicken Rice Shop Since 2002
1,456 posts

QUOTE(MarHazK @ Jul 15 2018, 04:20 PM)
Anyone know how to use order, pay & receive items via Alibaba?

Planning to purchase 1 item weighted 15-20kg.
what item you try to purchase?

dhl gonna cost you much $$$ but you shall get it faster+it will handle all your tax charges if any
Tellmeyourstory
post Jul 17 2018, 09:28 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

1 item, better buy via alixepress. save headache

This post has been edited by Tellmeyourstory: Jul 17 2018, 09:33 AM
koopa
post Jul 18 2018, 10:17 AM

On my way
584 posts

Alibaba usually for bulk items. Single item, use aliexpress. If item is worth more then rm500 kastam malaysia will hold it, inspect and tax you.

If they do, u will have to go to their office near KLIA2. If DHL is nice, they will pay for u, then u pay them. Tax can be 0%-30% depending on what item.
Chisinlouz
post Sep 5 2018, 02:32 PM

Enthusiast
820 posts

Hello. Im buying an equipment for factory use. As suggested above better use AliExpress? Options (seller) is lesser than database in Alibaba.

For price displayed in AliExpress it is final and delivery to doorstep? (if shipping option and charges included)
UnknownH
post Sep 6 2018, 01:26 AM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

QUOTE(Chisinlouz @ Sep 5 2018, 02:32 PM)
Hello. Im buying an equipment for factory use. As suggested above better use AliExpress? Options (seller) is lesser than database in Alibaba.

For price displayed in AliExpress it is final and delivery to doorstep? (if shipping option and charges included)
I've never bought anything on Alibaba because they all seemed like bulk order. But if they do sell one item and similar price including postage, just pick which one convenient to you.
Since this sounds like an expensive thing you're buying, don't expect tax free. Your item might stuck at custom and you need to pay some amount for them to release.

On Aliexpress, there's normally a selection of delivery you can choose from. It can be free, cheap, slightly expensive and the rest according to delivery time of course. When when you pay, you're paying the total amount(item + shipping). And again, the tax like I mention above.
Basically, you pick and pay. No need to arrange for the shipment yourself. Not sure how on Alibaba.

This post has been edited by UnknownH: Sep 6 2018, 01:32 AM
Chisinlouz
post Sep 6 2018, 01:18 PM

Enthusiast
820 posts

QUOTE(UnknownH @ Sep 6 2018, 01:26 AM)
I've never bought anything on Alibaba because they all seemed like bulk order. But if they do sell one item and similar price including postage, just pick which one convenient to you.
Since this sounds like an expensive thing you're buying, don't expect tax free. Your item might stuck at custom and you need to pay some amount for them to release.

On Aliexpress, there's normally a selection of delivery you can choose from. It can be free, cheap, slightly expensive and the rest according to delivery time of course. When when you pay, you're paying the total amount(item + shipping). And again, the tax like I mention above.
Basically, you pick and pay. No need to arrange for the shipment yourself. Not sure how on Alibaba.
Thank you.

My equipments confirm will get hold by kastam due to it's size. The bigger one >10kg is taxable while the smaller one (about 7kg), possible too?

Some of my friends bought electronics via AliExpress. There is refund options and i will use this instead of Alibaba. Im afraid of scam.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:33 PM