Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

64audio USA, feat tia drivers & apex technology

views

TSE1 - AKG
post Jul 14 2018, 01:18 AM, updated 5y ago

Your personal audio store!
6,439 posts

Tubeless In-ear Audio. An industry-first technology featuring a tubeless system and the tiaTM drivers.

the tiaTM driver

The tia driver is an open balanced armature speaker design that brings new meaning to resolution and transparency. By opening a balanced armature, the diaphragm becomes fully unobstructed, unleashing the sound potential of the driver. This eliminates a lot of the vibrations and resonances that are inherent in conventional, closed balanced armature designs. With this new method of producing and delivering sound to the ear, conventional sound tubes and dampers are no longer necessary.

the tiaTM single bore design

The single-bore design is a huge leap forward in eliminating unwanted tube resonance. The large bore itself serves as a sound-shaping chamber and aids the tia high driver in delivering a linear and coherent frequency response. Because of the extremely short sound path of the tia high driver, a remarkable high-frequency extension and smoothness is achieved. The large single bore also helps prevent clogging of the tip and obstruction of sound.

tiaTM acoustic chambers

Universal models feature tia acoustic chambers that further shape the sound of the tia drivers. These chambers optimize driver performance by giving them their own space and tune the drivers without introducing unwanted resonances. Each driver is perfectly matched to its acoustic chamber just like a pair of speakers are tuned to a studio control room, delivering a three dimensional soundstage unmatched by any other IEM.

Introducing the apexTM Technology

When you seal a miniature speaker in an ear canal, the air inside becomes trapped. As the speaker produces sound it moves the air and causes the ear drum to work excessively. The pressure exerted on the ear drum causes ear fatigue, also known as listener fatigue.

By way of a pneumatically interactive vent the apex Technology (Air Pressure Exchange) relieves this pressure. With apex the sound is also dramatically improved across the spectrum, the soundstage is more expansive than ever before, and the technology is versatile allowing for a selection of isolation levels — all while minimizing ear fatigue.

Designed to work. All the time

The pneumatically interactive vent is intelligently located to prevent debris build up and significantly minimize wind noise.

Built for the most demanding users, the internal design of the module is mindfully made to be durable and virtually maintenance free.

Take control of your sound

The apex modules provides levels of isolation at -20dB (apex m20) and -15dB (apex m15), while still relieving air pressure in a sealed ear canal. Now you can hear more of what you want to hear.

Easy to replace for different flavors

The apex module is designed for ease of use when installing or replacing the module. If you own multiple modules you can easily rotate between levels of isolation and sound flavors.

Standard option

The apex technology comes standard with all Custom-Fit A-Series and Universal-Fit U-Series earphones.

This post has been edited by E1 - AKG: Jul 14 2018, 01:45 AM
TSE1 - AKG
post Jul 14 2018, 01:21 AM

6,439 posts

This post has been edited by E1 - AKG: Jul 14 2018, 01:33 AM
TSE1 - AKG
post Jul 14 2018, 01:27 AM

6,439 posts

This post has been edited by E1 - AKG: Jul 14 2018, 01:30 AM
tikue666
post Jul 25 2018, 08:48 PM

7 posts

Moments of epiphany and euphoria in a seasoned audio enthusiast's life are few and far between, there are only maybe a handful of those moments that get stuck in one's head and burnt there for the rest of eternity. An audio enthusiast such as I for instance, five years going and I still consider myself pretty green to this hobby had the privilege of having two of these rare magical moments... There was the HD800S moment and there was the Stax moment (also courtesy of E1)

Then there were occasions that go beyond magical, beyond phenomenal. Those became experiences... experiences that were transcendental, borderline paranormal, experiences such as this - the almighty 64 Audio tia Fourte. I was lucky enough to have the chance to audition a green such as this, courtesy of David of E1.
Attached Image

The first thing that hit me was that oh so beautiful soundstage, that holographic soundstage and that sniper scoped imaging. I had no words, literally no words to express what I was experiencing at that time other than to smile from ear to ear and shake my head in disbelief, there was only one other time that made me shake my head like an ecstasy induced raver. Instruments and vocals were all around me and positioned with laser sighted accuracy.

Next thing was that ethereal highs... those sweet honeylicious highs...and details!!! Details like an electrostats but never fatiguing, it was so sweet I could almost taste it. Every little micro-nano detail... every little hairline... is not spared, everything gets presented. This coupled with the soundstage and imaging gave it that sense of air... no that's not air! That's pure oxygen!

The other two frequency spectrum soon followed after I picked up my jaw and adjusted and tweaked my head form all the shaking. The mids and the bass were combined really well, there was that airy sound to the mids again and coupled with the dynamic driver for the bass added a little dash of warmth and excitement. The bass was punchy with a slight emphasis on the mid bass rather than the lower spectrums, however the rumbles were still there, that organic decay was still there complimenting the mids really well.

I wouldn't put bass as the Fourte's strongest point but it is still very well executed, everything you'd expect from a finely executed dynamic driver. As I moved on to the mids, I noticed something here, something extraordinary, it was neutral with a slight sprinkle of warmth from the dynamic driver and yet syrupy sweet. Vocals whether male or female reproduced with a sense of realism, instruments were laid out with crazy clarity.

Sigh... I could just go on and on and on about it. If the tia Fourte was to be described in a few words it would be Clarity, Air, Soundstage, Exciting, if I could only have one word it would be - FUMAZING!

I'd like to thank E1 again for this privileged opportunity to test out something so GODLY!
TSE1 - AKG
post Jul 16 2019, 11:23 PM

6,439 posts

The 64 Audio Tia Fourte Noir

limited to only 500 pairs worldwide brows.gif

user posted image
TSE1 - AKG
post Jul 31 2019, 11:03 PM

6,439 posts

Change to: