Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Why don't UEC students take SPM/STPM ?, as private candidates

views

wankongyew
post Jul 14 2018, 10:27 AM

Regular
1,177 posts

QUOTE(red_satu @ Jul 14 2018, 10:22 AM)
So it's about getting into public uni? Do UEC holders even want to enter public uni with english or malay as medium? I mean I think even A-levels can't enter all the public unis here.
Probably not. There are only 60 Chinese independent schools across the whole of Malaysia and not all students take the UEC. By far the vast majority who do will study overseas. Only a tiny fraction will apply for local universities. That's why this a stupid fight for both parties. There will be so few UEC students applying that there can be no significant changes or competition in local universities. On the other side, the massive fuss and political capital needed to make the recognition stick is not worth it at all for the small number of students to gain this extra option, especially as this will inevitably allow the Ministry of Education to later mandate further changes in Dong Zong's syllabus. It's just a pissing contest.
red_satu
post Jul 14 2018, 10:39 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(wankongyew @ Jul 14 2018, 10:27 AM)
Probably not. There are only 60 Chinese independent schools across the whole of Malaysia and not all students take the UEC. By far the vast majority who do will study overseas. Only a tiny fraction will apply for local universities. That's why this a stupid fight for both parties. There will be so few UEC students applying that there can be no significant changes or competition in local universities. On the other side, the massive fuss and political capital needed to make the recognition stick is not worth it at all for the small number of students to gain this extra option, especially as this will inevitably allow the Ministry of Education to later mandate further changes in Dong Zong's syllabus. It's just a pissing contest.
Yeah, the more I'm reading into this its just a pissing contest like you said. Those against it like UMNO is just doing so they can play the 3R card eventhough Najib and BN also promised UEC recognition. And those for it seems to earned it more for pride than anything else. Not really to enter public Uni or such.
acbc
post Jul 14 2018, 10:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,085 posts

BM is not difficult to master or understand.
ASoulNamedLeo
post Jul 14 2018, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(KLboy92 @ Jul 14 2018, 03:06 AM)
Because SPM and STPM are both bullshit for various reasons

Why can't Govt education be, yknow, actually of good quality instead of being a complete utter fucking failure in every single area?

P.s. a Malaysian from SMK govt cluster school
SPM is not bullshit, it has all the fundamentals you need. It gives you general knowledge about our country and the laws and makings of our world. I personally take other specific courses and tuition classes(for example, arithmetics, coding etc.) while studying in SMJK. And those monthly classes fees added up are still cheaper than the monthly fees of going to Chinese Independent High Schools by 25%, International Schools by 75%.
STPM on other hand, being bullshit is arguable, because I didn't attend it because the syllabus was a jump to higher standards in a short amount of time, which could lead to you not being able to comprehend the information carefully.
KLboy92
post Jul 15 2018, 06:57 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(ASoulNamedLeo @ Jul 14 2018, 11:36 AM)
SPM is not bullshit, it has all the fundamentals you need. It gives you general knowledge about our country and the laws and makings of our world. I personally take other specific courses and tuition classes(for example, arithmetics, coding etc.) while studying in SMJK. And those monthly classes fees added up are still cheaper than the monthly fees of going to Chinese Independent High Schools by 25%, International Schools by 75%.
STPM on other hand, being bullshit is arguable, because I didn't attend it because the syllabus was a jump to higher standards in a short amount of time, which could lead to you not being able to comprehend the information carefully.
The entire Msian Govt education system is a fucked up bullshit that succeeds in providing zero education of any value to 99.999% of its students.

Students are educated not BECAUSE of the system but DESPITE it. The system is only capable of hobbling students with inconveniences.

Essentially the entire fucking country runs on private education ie tuition in order to get anybody half-literate at all.

The only purpose of the Govt education system is to create jobs, make money for crony contractors, and of course play up RACIST POLITICS as much as possible in all arenas.

Meanwhile the SJKC system while far from perfect is much better at actually imparting knowledge. But is continually denied recognition for no reason other than, of course, RACE POLITICS.

STPM is also a laughable farce being even worse run than the SPM system and is even more utter bullshit being unnecessarily more difficult to pass than most other A-levels.

The whole system is shit and its daily existence is like a million spiked dildos fucking the Msian public over and over and over in every conceivable hole ie, a typical BN institution.
ahmad92
post Jul 15 2018, 07:03 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(Imp Bron @ Jul 13 2018, 11:39 PM)
I met few of them went PLKN can't spoke malay and English too. The trainer can't communicate with them and need their other Chinese friend to translate for them.

At least don't know bm learn English la, if both can't really gone case whistling.gif
I met this kind of chinese as well when i was studying in private u. I was in complete disbelief that a malaysian cant converse in any language other than mandarin and cantonese. He can understand english but cannot reply. I lol'ed. Though to be fair this is extremely rare.
aeonbig
post Jul 15 2018, 07:53 AM

10 posts

Some UEC students will take SPM, it depends on school whether they go teach or not, my school run on dual syllabus so we teach both, SPM is much easier because the Maths and Science we all learn durinf Form 1 - Form 3 already.
iSean
post Jul 15 2018, 08:09 AM

iz old liao.
3,513 posts

QUOTE(jfleong @ Jul 13 2018, 10:14 PM)
Since they are already required to take BM SPM , why not take other subjects as well ?
Language used shouldn't be an issue because English / Malay is used at public unis, which is ultimately what this "recognition" aims to achieve right ?

** Of course you could say they might need UEC recognised to get job in the public sector, but seriously ? How many UEC holders aspire to work for the government?
They technically took a complete SPM cert. Lol.

smwah
post Jul 15 2018, 09:58 AM

Glad to be Here
Group Icon
Elite
1,678 posts

Juz take spm and uec together lor.
If our medication can revamp and do better these uev will not flourish now. There will be no issue on it. There are too many propaganda on education since long long time.
U know tar students degree us not recognize by gov. U know why? Why last time u from srjk school need to to remove class and unless u score straight As.
U know why there are quota on certain course in uni.
As long our education have not revamp , better dun accept uev later more issues.
Spend more resources to improve current education first.
Subang Nuclear Reactor
post Jul 15 2018, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

International senior college A level master race checking in

Also

English == Mandarin >>> BM

This post has been edited by Subang Nuclear Reactor: Jul 15 2018, 10:08 AM
eaglehelang
post Jul 15 2018, 10:09 AM

Enthusiast
983 posts

QUOTE(red_satu @ Jul 14 2018, 10:39 AM)
Yeah, the more I'm reading into this its just a pissing contest like you said. Those against it like UMNO is just doing so they can play the 3R card eventhough Najib and BN also promised UEC recognition. And those for it seems to earned it more for pride than anything else. Not really to enter public Uni or such.
UMNO actually cant use it as arguement cos recognising UEC was also in BN GE14 manisfesto. They already kena slap back on social media because of this.
In a sense, they cannot bantah cos they promised to recognise it like PH.
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018...c-universities/
note the date of the article was apr, before GE14.

If they bantah, means their whole manifesto BN was just bullshiting,cannot be trusted.
If PH pull it off, means it's better than MCA who after 60 years still couldnt get it done.

This post has been edited by eaglehelang: Jul 15 2018, 10:12 AM
red_satu
post Jul 15 2018, 10:40 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(eaglehelang @ Jul 15 2018, 10:09 AM)
UMNO actually cant use it as arguement cos recognising UEC was also in BN GE14 manisfesto. They already kena slap back on social media because of this.

If they bantah, means their whole manifesto BN was just bullshiting,cannot be trusted.
If PH pull it off, means it's better than MCA who after 60 years still couldnt get it done.
Of course, UMNO can't use it actually, but these guys already forgot their own manifesto. But I am seeing PAS pipul bringing up UEC more often, which I think they are getting fed from UMNO. Just a prelude to full corporation between them, see also Sg. kandis by election.
TSjfleong
post Jul 15 2018, 11:11 AM

Casual
338 posts

QUOTE(eaglehelang @ Jul 15 2018, 10:09 AM)

But it says "boleh dipertimbangkan" not "akan diiktiraf"
eaglehelang
post Jul 15 2018, 11:52 AM

Enthusiast
983 posts

QUOTE(jfleong @ Jul 15 2018, 11:11 AM)
But it says "boleh dipertimbangkan" not "akan diiktiraf"
read the news again, read the big2 title, then the 1st para :
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018...a-melayu-and-p/

Another news :
http://m.thesundaily.my/node/538626

psyduck89
post Jul 15 2018, 11:57 AM

New Korean Member
818 posts

Uec harder than spm...

And spm alot of junk subject...

Owai...
wufei
post Jul 15 2018, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,939 posts

UEC or dont UEC tarak different
enviro
post Jul 15 2018, 12:02 PM

Casual
400 posts

A language subject is used to determine if someone can progress further in his quest for higher education when it should be mathematics.
ikankering
post Jul 15 2018, 12:04 PM

29 posts

we have 1 trillion hutang.
meaning not easy now to get gov job. wait worker pencen.
many oredi penuh.

This post has been edited by ikankering: Jul 15 2018, 12:05 PM
p4n6
post Jul 15 2018, 12:09 PM

deodherion
5,372 posts

QUOTE(Lancewood @ Jul 13 2018, 11:31 PM)
So if i study in International School you say this to me?

I fucking tell you go fry kite ror.

You are prolly too stupid to understand......UEC only applies to INDEPENDENT chinese schools.....pay and learn......not your average tongkat school hor...
UEC is asking for recognition by the Ministry of Education so that the results in UEC can be used for public local university entry acceptance.
Private school can create own system the way they want it and government is not stopping them from doing it all along.

Majority of Msians go to tongkat school that you obviously looking down on ... so therefore, since you & those who think you are rich and above others in term of education quality, then perhaps should further study overseas/ private U and need not to ask government to accept UEC or any other system. When those who choose the path of going independent /international school, they should have known the path is to go overseas or private U the first place ... let those tongkat educated to go to local/public U ...

p4n6
post Jul 15 2018, 12:12 PM

deodherion
5,372 posts

QUOTE(psyduck89 @ Jul 15 2018, 11:57 AM)
Uec harder than spm...

And spm alot of junk subject...

Owai...
UEC needs not to be recognized but SPM shall revamp to follow the UEC quality to improve its standard. When SPM quality on par or better than UEC then no one will bother to care about UEC, if want to take UEC then have to take own responsibility ...

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0420sec    11.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 03:42 AM