Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Why don't UEC students take SPM/STPM ?, as private candidates

views

badmilk
post Jul 13 2018, 11:30 PM

7 posts

Erm coz mandarin and UEC is good enough to get u a job in this world. While some don’t.. Taiwan have a lot of local company that flourish in a global scale. While our own local breed company only recognise spm as low entry jobs & we need good English to survive.

U don’t need good English to survive in Taiwan. But ironicly in Malaysia. Spm is not that all superior. That’s says a lot abt Bm as primary language..

It’s not essential in global management. But for low entry job in Malaysia..yes.. u need that.
Lancewood
post Jul 13 2018, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Jul 13 2018, 11:29 PM)
Having 2 exams system don't make sense.

Perhaps government should evaluate both SPM/STPM and UEC, and adopt the best of the both to form new system ...
So if i study in International School you say this to me?

I fucking tell you go fry kite ror.

You are prolly too stupid to understand......UEC only applies to INDEPENDENT chinese schools.....pay and learn......not your average tongkat school hor...

This post has been edited by Lancewood: Jul 13 2018, 11:32 PM
rickyro
post Jul 13 2018, 11:34 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(maxxxxx0123 @ Jul 13 2018, 11:20 PM)
Yes you can. But there are some (not sure is many or some) that can’t. I know a handful that just can’t speak bahasa and they don’t feel ashamed of it at all

As a cainis, this is why I don’t really support this UEC
i think those chinese independent schools that takes only UEC has malay language classes that is roughly 2 years behind what the SMK studies, i.e. syllabus of BM during form 5 in a chinese independent school is only equivalent to learning PMR BM.

but yeah... i did came across some students whom really failed in conversing in BM / English, almost purely "chinese speaking"
G_KeN
post Jul 13 2018, 11:35 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,451 posts

pretty sure most of them took both UEC and SPM. my friends who came from private chinese schools took both of the exams.
ReoAyanami
post Jul 13 2018, 11:39 PM

12 posts

I think if public universities will recognize UEC if the student can converse well in BM, UCSCAM will gladly accept it.

This post has been edited by ReoAyanami: Jul 13 2018, 11:39 PM
Imp Bron

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(rickyro @ Jul 13 2018, 11:34 PM)
i think those chinese independent schools that takes only UEC has malay language classes that is roughly 2 years behind what the SMK studies, i.e. syllabus of BM during form 5 in a chinese independent school is only equivalent to learning PMR BM.

but yeah... i did came across some students whom really failed in conversing in BM / English, almost purely "chinese speaking"
I met few of them went PLKN can't spoke malay and English too. The trainer can't communicate with them and need their other Chinese friend to translate for them.

At least don't know bm learn English la, if both can't really gone case whistling.gif
NCSHyundai

11 posts

Im from gomen school. Malay educated. Bm no problem. English no problem.But today im
damm regret.... cause dont know mandarin. Ask my parents last time y didnt send me to chinese school!?!? Parent told me kena scam by last time gomen.

Now? phuck national school!! i also send my child to cainis school. All my last time cainis classmate, everyone of them send their children to cainis school also. Not a single 1 send their children to national school, even though we all from national school. Why??

Because we know the quality of national school, and all the shit, brainwashing that they trach there....we already suffer there, we wont allow our children the same thing......

Even alot of malay also send their children to chinese school now.... why is this happening??

U all sendiri pikir la.... dun always only
know how to shout, bully and threaten ppl..... bully and threaten ppl wont help u maju
use brain to think and improve
slimey
post Jul 13 2018, 11:45 PM

6,183 posts

QUOTE(ReoAyanami @ Jul 13 2018, 11:39 PM)
I think if public universities will recognize UEC if the student can converse well in BM, UCSCAM will gladly accept it.
wow that english
john72
post Jul 13 2018, 11:46 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(NCSHyundai @ Jul 13 2018, 11:39 PM)
Im from gomen school. Malay educated. Bm no problem. English no problem.But today im
damm regret.... cause dont know mandarin. Ask my parents last time y didnt send me to chinese school!?!? Parent told me kena scam by last time gomen.

Now? phuck national school!! i also send my child to cainis school. All my last time cainis classmate, everyone of them send their children to cainis school also. Not a single 1 send their children to national school, even though we all from national school. Why??

Because we know the quality of national school, and all the shit, brainwashing that they trach there....we already suffer there, we wont allow our children the same thing......

Even alot of malay also send their children to chinese school now.... why is this happening?? 

U all sendiri pikir la.... dun always only
know how to shout, bully and threaten ppl..... bully and threaten ppl wont help u maju
use brain to think and improve
Lol.. because u cant speak mandrin because u went to national school?
NCSHyundai
post Jul 13 2018, 11:51 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(john72 @ Jul 13 2018, 11:46 PM)
Lol.. because u cant speak mandrin because u went to national school?
Speaking no problem

Cantonese, mandarin , abit hokkien...

But reading... failed
john72
post Jul 14 2018, 12:23 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(NCSHyundai @ Jul 13 2018, 11:51 PM)
Speaking no problem

Cantonese, mandarin , abit hokkien...

But reading... failed
Cannot blame all on the school right? A lots of Chinese study mandrin in national school.

This post has been edited by john72: Jul 14 2018, 12:24 AM
yugimudo
post Jul 14 2018, 12:32 AM

YugiX
475 posts

What is the point of education any more.

We already have more worker than jobs.

U all gaduh2 UEC lar, SPM lar, in reality, graduate of any uni is basically garbage.

Im not even sure got any advantage going to uni anymore.
vater
post Jul 14 2018, 01:00 AM

18 posts

From what I see.. the real issue is not regarding the recognition of UEC. It's actually about the perceived lack of proficiency of BM amongst Chinese students.

To be honest, I can't fathom how one is unable to converse in BM in Malaysia. This only shows that in your whole life, you've been sheltered. Staying comfortably in your comfort zone.

I don't doubt the quality of education in these schools, but they do need to improve their students proficiencies in BOTH English and BM.

But I guess it won't be easy,
Speak English = actionla budak tu, cakap om putih

Or

You are not proud of your Chinese heritage? Why speak in English/BM. Disgrace to the Chinese community.

How do we deal with these insecurities?

Edit:
Interesting thing I noticed. This issue seems to be bigger in WM.
Currently in Borneo, don't think the people here view this as much as a problem as those in Semenanjung. Kindly correct me if I'm mistaken

This post has been edited by vater: Jul 14 2018, 01:13 AM
ASoulNamedLeo
post Jul 14 2018, 01:46 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(KLboy92 @ Jul 13 2018, 11:17 PM)
Belang macai muncul lagi

Spend time of at keast 1 year if not more to study 8 extra subjects again?

For what fuckin reason?

Rather, should ask what basis the Govt has for not recognising UEC when its proven that the SJKC education quality fucks SMK like five blacks on Piper Perri
Maybe because UEC takes 1 year to complete while STPM takes 2 years. Why can't UEC students just complete their studies like private candidates taking Malaysia higher education certificates? Why did they even wanted to apply to government universities for the cheaper tertiary education when they already paid a fortune in Chinese Independent Schools? They could just have gone to Private Universities but no, they had to make it difficult for them and the country.

P.S. A Malaysian from SMJK Chinese school.
nasiputih
post Jul 14 2018, 01:50 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(MRaef @ Jul 13 2018, 10:37 PM)
Question is, can these UEC holders converse well in Bahasa? Taking an exam is one thing, their communication and interaction among peers in Bahasa should be taken into consideration.
these UEC holders should also avoid eating pork and wear baju melayu.
bloody arteni generals

This post has been edited by nasiputih: Jul 14 2018, 01:50 AM
eaglehelang
post Jul 14 2018, 02:53 AM

Enthusiast
983 posts

A lot of chinese private school students take both UEC and SPM.
Of course, not everyonecan cope with studying 2 syllabus at same time.
KLboy92
post Jul 14 2018, 03:06 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(ASoulNamedLeo @ Jul 14 2018, 01:46 AM)
Maybe because UEC takes 1 year to complete while STPM takes 2 years. Why can't UEC students just complete their studies like private candidates taking Malaysia higher education certificates? Why did they even wanted to apply to government universities for the cheaper tertiary education when they already paid a fortune in Chinese Independent Schools? They could just have gone to Private Universities but no, they had to make it difficult for them and the country.

P.S. A Malaysian from SMJK Chinese school.
Because SPM and STPM are both bullshit for various reasons

Why can't Govt education be, yknow, actually of good quality instead of being a complete utter fucking failure in every single area?

P.s. a Malaysian from SMK govt cluster school
tikaram
post Jul 14 2018, 05:44 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,214 posts

QUOTE(MRaef @ Jul 13 2018, 11:37 PM)
Question is, can these UEC holders converse well in Bahasa? Taking an exam is one thing, their communication and interaction among peers in Bahasa should be taken into consideration.
I am Uec holders and I did my spm and stpm and go to upm local u.

Many UEC like me able to communicate, write official BM letter, etc with no problem.
AyamBlend
post Jul 14 2018, 09:22 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(red_satu @ Jul 13 2018, 10:33 PM)
So what does UEC recognition mean? They can enroll in Public Uni as long take BM SPM also?
They can be rrcognized worldwide except msia public U

Imagine top university peking U reserved 50 slot for uec students everyyear.
While one province in china maybe only have few guys enrolled into this U everyyear (bss courses)
red_satu
post Jul 14 2018, 10:22 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(AyamBlend @ Jul 14 2018, 09:22 AM)
They can be rrcognized worldwide except msia public U

Imagine top university peking U reserved 50 slot for uec students everyyear.
While one province in china maybe only have few guys enrolled into this U everyyear (bss courses)
So it's about getting into public uni? Do UEC holders even want to enter public uni with english or malay as medium? I mean I think even A-levels can't enter all the public unis here.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0458sec    1.08    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 03:36 AM