Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Why don't UEC students take SPM/STPM ?, as private candidates

views

happy4ever
post Jul 17 2018, 07:55 AM

(✿◠‿◠) Queen of Love ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
7,194 posts

QUOTE(ASoulNamedLeo @ Jul 16 2018, 09:33 PM)
Well, at least government schools is not a commercial commodity and students aren't forced to sell to get good grades. On the other hand, Chinese Independent Schools force(may I add, it is not encourage) their students participate in charities held by the school and students are literally the product in this scenario, they buy their own supplies, makes their products and sell them to the public, anyone who doesn't go with the school's consent is counselled and the school asks for more money from them. It is like business centre more than an educational high school. There's even worse mindless brainwashing practices in these Chinese independent schools than in government schools, but I'll save that for another day.
good la.

teaching teens about business at such early age. thats why many cinapeks become entrepreneurs

https://www.worldofbuzz.com/malay-uec-grad-...promotes-unity/

see, its good!!!!
eaglehelang
post Jul 17 2018, 08:05 AM

Enthusiast
983 posts

QUOTE(happy4ever @ Jul 17 2018, 07:51 AM)
eh, STPM is on par with A levels la.

STPM is using A level books and direct translation from english to BM.
STPM is lower standard than A levels in terms of content. But exam format is harder coz more questions. thats all.
I took STPM. It's well known to be harder than A levels, at least my time lah. Those who found STPM tough, go switch take A levels, can senang2 pass. STPM some subjects have 3 parts, all 3 parts must pass.

All the while in Msia, STPM is famous for being toughest pre U exam, until youngsters nowadays avoid it like the plague.

Always UEC=A levels, STPM harder
happy4ever
post Jul 17 2018, 08:10 AM

(✿◠‿◠) Queen of Love ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
7,194 posts

QUOTE(eaglehelang @ Jul 17 2018, 08:05 AM)
I took STPM. It's well known to be harder than A levels, at least my time lah. Those who found STPM tough, go switch take A levels, can senang2 pass. STPM some subjects have 3 parts, all 3 parts must pass.

All the while in Msia, STPM is famous for being toughest pre U exam, until youngsters nowadays avoid it like the plague.

Always UEC=A levels, STPM harder
I also took STPM lmao.

STPM is harder because of the questions. But the content is about half potong from A levels. doh.gif

I rather take A levels if i have the money. you learn more.

STPM kimia, got organic, inorganic, physical. all rujuk to A level books.

Its hard also because you need to study in english, but exam we took in BM. like shit la. now i dunno if its english or bm hmm.gif
c0okiem0nster
post Jul 17 2018, 08:47 AM

39 posts

Serious question,
if we're talking about recognition, why take UEC if you could take others like a level, ib diploma etc? any particular reason?
KLboy92
post Jul 17 2018, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

Well, at least government schools is not a commercial commodity and students aren't forced to sell to get good grades. On the other hand, Chinese Independent Schools force(may I add, it is not encourage) their students participate in charities held by the school and students are literally the product in this scenario, they buy their own supplies, makes their products and sell them to the public, anyone who doesn't go with the school's consent is counselled and the school asks for more money from them. It is like business centre more than an educational high school. There's even worse mindless brainwashing practices in these Chinese independent schools than in government schools, but I'll save that for another day.
Govt schools do this too. At least for SJKC its essential for their survival. Govt schools have no excuse since they are fully funded by Govt.

I doubt the brainwashing in SJKC, bad as it may be, can be much worse than in KBSM. Sejarah is effectively a BN propaganda mouthpiece, and racism is rampant in the school administration.

This post has been edited by KLboy92: Jul 17 2018, 10:47 AM
Rubypoyo
post Jul 17 2018, 10:46 AM

Casual
324 posts

The thing that im topkek is why ppl go for UEC... when they know too well that UEC is still not recognize by Malaysia gomen...go to take SPM laaa... why wasting ur time.....
Divou
post Jul 17 2018, 10:46 AM

31 posts

Of course if UEC is recognized br government Chinese will be happy but is majority of Chinese really push for it ? I dont think so. It's only card played up by politicians. Majority of Chinese dont bother if UEC is recognized or not

This post has been edited by Divou: Jul 17 2018, 10:47 AM
danieln
post Jul 17 2018, 10:54 AM

Enthusiast
968 posts

Like wise. Not all in gov school can converse in proper bahasa malaysia. Many are only good at bahasa rempit.
RicoT
post Jul 17 2018, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(jfleong @ Jul 13 2018, 10:14 PM)
Since they are already required to take BM SPM , why not take other subjects as well ?
Language used shouldn't be an issue because English / Malay is used at public unis, which is ultimately what this "recognition" aims to achieve right ?

** Of course you could say they might need UEC recognised to get job in the public sector, but seriously ? How many UEC holders aspire to work for the government?
QUOTE(Rubypoyo @ Jul 17 2018, 10:46 AM)
The thing that im topkek is why ppl go for UEC... when they know too well that UEC is still not recognize by Malaysia gomen...go to take SPM laaa... why wasting ur time.....
I took UEC and SPM, UEC results (GCE A level standard) can enter uni directly if results is good, on the other hand, SPM (GCE O level) you get 11 straight A+s also cannot enter university directly.

My UEC results failed to meet the standard to enter uni directly, but my SPM results can land me a partial scholarship in a private college to do pre-U course.

SPM is a breeze when compared to UEC.

My BM, both UEC and SPM barely passed, but lucky my SPM year is dwibahasa Science and Maths paper for SPM, and the my school select to teach Science and Maths in English for UEC. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by RicoT: Jul 17 2018, 11:08 AM
amroll
post Jul 17 2018, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

just close la sekolah jenis kebangsaan thingy..make all compulsory to go sekolah kebangsaan,,at least everyone gather as one and have activity together.if want to add on language/religous class thingy can do another type of school to add on.like malay go to sekolah agama optionaly in the evening.
pg84
post Jul 17 2018, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

I tot all the while uec need to take spm no?
pg84
post Jul 17 2018, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

Stpm is 2yrs waste of ur life . Get good good result doesnt guaranteed public u with the course u want.
Armata
post Jul 17 2018, 11:31 AM

Casual
315 posts

train them business mindset from young i guess nod.gif
zeese
post Jul 17 2018, 11:34 AM

Warning Level
1,632 posts

QUOTE(pg84 @ Jul 17 2018, 11:31 AM)
Stpm is 2yrs waste of ur life . Get good good result doesnt guaranteed public u with the course u want.
it depends on course availability, not related to whatever type of exams you take...
ashenzint
post Jul 17 2018, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

talking about unification....UEC already opposite of it
davidletterboyz
post Jul 17 2018, 11:43 AM

Der Kaiser
4,355 posts

QUOTE(jfleong @ Jul 13 2018, 10:14 PM)
Since they are already required to take BM SPM , why not take other subjects as well ?
Language used shouldn't be an issue because English / Malay is used at public unis, which is ultimately what this "recognition" aims to achieve right ?

** Of course you could say they might need UEC recognised to get job in the public sector, but seriously ? How many UEC holders aspire to work for the government?
Err...they can although some do not take SPM. Those who don't, they have actually decided the path is to go oversea to further study. To be honest, SPM is like a kid's play compared to UEC difficulty lol.
Having said that, I do not know what is the actual conflict.

davidletterboyz
post Jul 17 2018, 11:45 AM

Der Kaiser
4,355 posts

QUOTE(RicoT @ Jul 17 2018, 11:05 AM)
I took UEC and SPM, UEC results (GCE A level standard) can enter uni directly if results is good, on the other hand, SPM (GCE O level) you get 11 straight A+s also cannot enter university directly.

My UEC results failed to meet the standard to enter uni directly, but my SPM results can land me a partial scholarship in a private college to do pre-U course.

SPM is a breeze when compared to UEC.

My BM, both UEC and SPM barely passed, but lucky my SPM year is dwibahasa Science and Maths paper for SPM, and the my school select to teach Science and Maths in English for UEC. whistling.gif
Last time local uni could not accept UEC. Now private uni already starting to accept. And I have seen a lot of bright UEC students.
post Jul 17 2018, 12:02 PM

On my way
569 posts

QUOTE(Armata @ Jul 17 2018, 11:31 AM)
train them business mindset from young i guess nod.gif
Then byk come /k complain cina amoi duit mata
Armata
post Jul 17 2018, 01:24 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(000022 @ Jul 17 2018, 12:02 PM)
Then byk come /k complain cina amoi duit mata
i am ok with amoi duit mata
end of the way, who's gonna benefit? their children
that's why u see sometimes /k jelly those daddikasi..coz their mum not duit mata
else if their mum duit mata, they now got 2 petrol station to take care and monthly income of RM10k as pocket money...konlanfirm wont kecoh liao
coz day day hug different amoiz also can if want
post Jul 17 2018, 01:33 PM

On my way
569 posts

QUOTE(Armata @ Jul 17 2018, 01:24 PM)
i am ok with amoi duit mata
end of the way, who's gonna benefit? their children
that's why u see sometimes /k jelly those daddikasi..coz their mum not duit mata
else if their mum duit mata, they now got 2 petrol station to take care and monthly income of RM10k as pocket money...konlanfirm wont kecoh liao
coz day day hug different amoiz also can if want
hmmm... sounds legit. Cant really argue against this.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0421sec    1.93    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 02:30 AM