Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Need help. Asked tenant to move out but he refused

mayonaise3311451
post Jul 13 2018, 10:07 PM, updated 7d ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi. Would like to ask you guys.

Current tenant already failed to pay rental for 2 consecutive months and has outstanding utility bills. So I asked him to move out and surrender the keys but seems he never reply my messages and my calls.

Question is will it be wrong for me to enter forcefully into my house. He changed the padlock, so I have to hire someone to break open.

Or should I lodged report to the police station first. There's no tenancy agreement.

Has anyone ever experienced this situation before. Seems the guy is ignorant and staying in the house without feeling guilty.
qwertyuioped
post Jul 13 2018, 10:19 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

The law is more biased to tenant. Not much you can do legally than asking them to move out. If you forcefully enter, they could sue you.
gks
post Jul 13 2018, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Legally you need to issue notice of demand.

Grey methods are plenty but you need to take risk and maybe at wrong side of law.
slimey
post Jul 13 2018, 10:54 PM

for that kind of people, just forcefully enter and throw everything out. change lock.
Looi90
post Jul 13 2018, 11:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mayonaise3311451 @ Jul 13 2018, 10:07 PM)
Hi. Would like to ask you guys.

Current tenant already failed to pay rental for 2 consecutive months and has outstanding utility bills. So I asked him to move out and surrender the keys but seems he never reply my messages and my calls.

Question is will it be wrong for me to enter forcefully into my house. He changed the padlock, so I have to hire someone to break open.

Or should I lodged report to the police station first. There's no tenancy agreement.

Has anyone ever experienced this situation before. Seems the guy is ignorant and staying in the house without feeling guilty.
no tenancy agreement means Tenant is at the losing side as the property belongs to Landlord, last time my sis unit kena, we forcefully enter when there no one around, throw Tenant belongings which is not valuable out, report police about this suspicious figure(tenant) might gain entry on your unit even without agreement , stick beside your front gate, and cut the access cards Tenant holding+ inform the management body of the property, share security guards the print out photos of your tenant and prevent them from gaining entry, share their faces on fb to make sure surrounding landlords beware of renting out property to the tenant and inform about this case in property owner group of your condo , change lock and lastly confiscate those item which is valuable and considered as your unit furnishing item , in my case is plasma tv, sofa ,wardrobes, air conds, fridge,washing machine and etc rclxm9.gif Our unit rented basic to this Tenant, when they failed to fulfill payment, my unit suddenly become full furnish and we re-rent at higher rental few days after cleaning up, until now no more issue biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Looi90: Jul 14 2018, 12:20 AM
michaelchang
post Jul 14 2018, 12:51 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Looi90 @ Jul 13 2018, 11:59 PM)
no tenancy agreement means Tenant is at the losing side as the property belongs to Landlord, last time my sis unit kena, we forcefully enter when there no one around, throw Tenant belongings which is not valuable out, report police about this suspicious figure(tenant) might gain entry on your unit even without agreement , stick beside your front gate, and cut the access cards Tenant holding+ inform the management body of the property, share security guards the print out photos of your tenant and prevent them from gaining entry, share their faces on fb to make sure surrounding landlords beware of renting out property to the tenant and inform about this case in property owner group of your condo , change lock and lastly confiscate those item which is valuable and considered as your unit furnishing item , in my case is plasma tv, sofa ,wardrobes, air conds, fridge,washing machine and etc rclxm9.gif Our unit rented basic to this Tenant, when they failed to fulfill payment, my unit suddenly become full furnish and we re-rent at higher rental few days after cleaning up, until now no more issue biggrin.gif
This is the best way to deal with such lousy tenant that don't pay n dont want to move. rclxms.gif
mayonaise3311451
post Jul 14 2018, 04:47 AM

Getting Started

Thanx for all the advises given. I highly appreciate your helps.

What irritates me the most is the attitude of the tenant who refused to answer my messages and calls which I think indicates his intention of avoiding paying the rental and to stay for free.

Nevertheless I will lodge the police report as the tenant is considered as trespassing the property.
jimmybcmy
post Jul 14 2018, 05:04 AM

Casual

I was facing the same problem too, i texted the tenant that i have sold he unit and will cut off electric and water soon. Gave him one month to move out.
YoungMan
post Jul 14 2018, 10:47 AM

Regular

Cut off all utility supply first, then talk to them.
Ckmwpy0370
post Jul 14 2018, 11:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!

for my Tenant also, message to him on due date payment every time, then he paid.
else he just ignore doh.gif
Quang1819
post Jul 14 2018, 11:06 AM

Regular

No tenancy agreements then you could do what you want more easily already haha

You could just change the pad lock, knobs, cut the electricity and water as well. If you want to be more mean move out all the furnitures if those are yours. Leave him with an empty house then report police for some stranger barged into your house.
EddieBrock
post Jul 14 2018, 11:27 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(Quang1819 @ Jul 14 2018, 11:06 AM)
No tenancy agreements then you could do what you want more easily already haha

You could just change the pad lock, knobs, cut the electricity and water as well. If you want to be more mean move out all the furnitures if those are yours. Leave him with an empty house then report police for some stranger barged into your house.
This is actually a great idea. I wonder what kind of protection owners are lacking if a tenancy agreement was not signed.
HELLO HELLO
post Jul 14 2018, 02:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Long term rent headache issue.

Lucky here is Bolehland.
Cut water cut electric only talk.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0652sec    3.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th July 2018 - 10:18 PM