4,302 posts

QUOTE(ZM Fong @ Oct 10 2018, 06:44 PM)
Do you know how they test it?
No idea, will definitely ask them once I get it back though
emy_xvidia
post Oct 13 2018, 04:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Oct 10 2018, 06:57 PM)
No idea, will definitely ask them once I get it back though
Do give a little review of your new replacement later on whether it has the same framerate drop out issues ya.
Lego Warfare
post Oct 16 2018, 04:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,302 posts

QUOTE(emy_xvidia @ Oct 13 2018, 04:12 PM)
Do give a little review of your new replacement later on whether it has the same framerate drop out issues ya.
Wtf, 1 month estimated time to get the spare part from Taiwan. Retarded Asus, will never buy a single tech part from them ever again.
Will definitely push my friends and any strangers I come across asking about Asus AWAY from Asus.
enkil
post Oct 16 2018, 10:08 PM

Regular
1,752 posts

Thanks for sharing. No asus for me too
ZM Fong
post Oct 16 2018, 10:26 PM

Laptop advisor
8,240 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Oct 16 2018, 04:01 PM)
Wtf, 1 month estimated time to get the spare part from Taiwan
Normal for Asus...
khengyip98
post Oct 18 2018, 01:54 AM

0 posts

I just received my scar ii yesterday and it got a problem.
All games include pubg and gta v cant run good no matter what graphics settings i use. The fps maintain at 70, 80 and suddenly it drops to 20 or 30 and my game will stuck for a while. I checked all the settings in windows and also nvdia drivers or control panels but still can't solve it. Anyone know the solution or what causing this problem?
Sorry for my bad english and i really hope i can solve it without sending it for warranty service because it takes 1 month.

This post has been edited by khengyip98: Oct 18 2018, 02:06 AM
jackbanner
post Oct 18 2018, 10:44 AM

On my way
654 posts

Your problem may be similar to this https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=90538877

QUOTE(khengyip98 @ Oct 18 2018, 01:54 AM)
All games include pubg and gta v cant run good no matter what graphics settings i use. The fps maintain at 70, 80 and suddenly it drops to 20 or 30 and my game will stuck for a while. I checked all the settings in windows and also nvdia drivers or control panels but still can't solve it. Anyone know the solution or what causing this problem?
Sorry for my bad english and i really hope i can solve it without sending it for warranty service because it takes 1 month.
Lego Warfare
post Oct 18 2018, 02:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,302 posts

QUOTE(khengyip98 @ Oct 18 2018, 01:54 AM)
Congrats! You also have a useless defective Asus product. Send in for service, you will need to wait 1 month+ for spare part.
Where do you buy from? Maybe you can return for refund or exchange to diff brand. Anything but Asus.
michealelsie
post Oct 25 2018, 10:34 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Oct 16 2018, 04:01 PM)
Wtf, 1 month estimated time to get the spare part from Taiwan. Retarded Asus, will never buy a single tech part from them ever again.
Will definitely push my friends and any strangers I come across asking about Asus AWAY from Asus.
Omg, luckily i come to this thread and saw the comments from you guys. I'm actually comparing this with illegear Onyx and Lenovo legion Y530.

Then i guess I have to delete this from the list then. laugh.gif

Thank you so much for sharing real life experience rclxms.gif thumbsup.gif
Lego Warfare
post Oct 25 2018, 10:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,302 posts

QUOTE(michealelsie @ Oct 25 2018, 10:34 AM)
Omg, luckily i come to this thread and saw the comments from you guys. I'm actually comparing this with illegear Onyx and Lenovo legion Y530.

Then i guess I have to delete this from the list then.  laugh.gif

Thank you so much for sharing real life experience  rclxms.gif  :thumbsup:
Lol I was stupid enough to take the risk although I already read about all the shit with Asus. Now regretting like hell for taking the risk.
michealelsie
post Oct 25 2018, 11:16 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Oct 25 2018, 10:37 AM)
Lol I was stupid enough to take the risk although I already read about all the shit with Asus. Now regretting like hell for taking the risk.
Feel sorry to hear that. Didn't expect Asus has that bad QC and SC... sweat.gif

And the laptop is not cheap by all mean
jackbanner
post Oct 26 2018, 04:03 AM

On my way
654 posts

The latest model is now with smaller screen, 15.6”.
michealelsie
post Oct 30 2018, 06:19 AM

On my way
500 posts

I saw this strix 2 and also the Zephyrus M GM501 seems not bad, because I budget is around there too.

Then saw the experience from you guys really scares me and make me rethink again. Now I’m thinking to go for Illegear selenite instead of these two 😂

Don’t know if HP or Lenovo got such problem or not
ZM Fong
post Oct 30 2018, 03:47 PM

Laptop advisor
8,240 posts

QUOTE(michealelsie @ Oct 30 2018, 06:19 AM)
I saw this strix 2 and also the Zephyrus M GM501 seems not bad, because I budget is around there too.

Then saw the experience from you guys really scares me and make me rethink again. Now I’m thinking to go for Illegear selenite instead of these two 😂

It really depends on your luck. Every brand/model has the same issue TBH, just Asus laptop quality isn't as good as before
Lego Warfare
post Oct 30 2018, 03:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,302 posts

QUOTE(michealelsie @ Oct 30 2018, 06:19 AM)

Design is nice, but quality and after sales service is not. Go for others if you don't want to be left hanging dry high when something goes wrong.
Lego Warfare
post Nov 6 2018, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,302 posts

This is bloody ridiculous. Brand new laptop within few days have to send to service center. Told need to order mainboard from Taiwan with waiting period 1 month. Now 1 month passed and service center said laptop still have issue, need to reorder mainboard and LCD due to flickering which wasn’t there in the first place when I sent for repair. Wait period? Another 1 month? Brand new laptop can’t even use for a week need to send in for repair indefinitely?
I’m going to bloody file a complain to tribunal for this kind of service.

Screw Asus and all their products. Suck so bad, definitely not going to get a single shit from this brand. In fact I’ll forcefully shoo my friends away from Shitsus if I find any of them interested in this stupid brand.
ZM Fong
post Nov 6 2018, 12:06 PM

Laptop advisor
8,240 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Nov 6 2018, 11:55 AM)
This is bloody ridiculous. Brand new laptop within few days have to send to service center. Told need to order mainboard from Taiwan with waiting period 1 month. Now 1 month passed and service center said laptop still have issue, need to reorder mainboard and LCD due to flickering which wasn’t there in the first place when I sent for repair. Wait period? Another 1 month? Brand new laptop can’t even use for a week need to send in for repair indefinitely?
I’m going to bloody file a complain to tribunal for this kind of service.

Screw Asus and all their products. Suck so bad, definitely not going to get a single shit from this brand. In fact I’ll forcefully shoo my friends away from Shitsus if I find any of them interested in this stupid brand.
Normal for Asus...the main problem is the after sales service/support. If anyone wants to get Asus laptop, pray first so that you don't get a lemon...otherwise very 'mafan'
michealelsie
post Nov 6 2018, 05:23 PM

On my way
500 posts

Luckily in the end I didn’t get the laptop from Asus. Instead, I bought Illegear Selenite. However, I seems to be under utilise it........
DuitNow
post Nov 7 2018, 03:01 AM

On my way
597 posts

QUOTE(ZM Fong @ Nov 6 2018, 12:06 PM)
Normal for Asus...the main problem is the after sales service/support. If anyone wants to get Asus laptop, pray first so that you don't get a lemon...otherwise very 'mafan'
What about Asus FX505 and FX705 then?

QUOTE(michealelsie @ Nov 6 2018, 05:23 PM)
Luckily in the end I didn’t get the laptop from Asus. Instead, I bought Illegear Selenite. However, I seems to be under utilise it........
Any review? What's your Selenite spec?
SUSIdiuU
post Nov 7 2018, 03:09 AM

Casual
346 posts

went to asus store at 1u to check laptops...
scar2 /hero2 viewing angle is so ridiculous awesome, didnt see any color shift from very side.

but after see u guys complaining bout hardware issue, quite skeptical...

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 PM