Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis MA131 Router, Maxis Router

views

TSPoseidonho
post Jul 13 2018, 10:33 AM, updated 6y ago

2 posts

Hi Guys,

Did anyone use Maxis AMINIA MA131 router before?

Last day, Our company Internet down that DSL did not have any light indicating. Then Maxis Claim the router spoiled and have to change a new router.

The new router with lightning protection cost about RM650, I heard the brand is Zyxel.

But what he bought to us is Maxis AMINIA MA131, in the beginning, the DSL still doesn't indicate any light.
After he uses the whole day to fix the wiring outside only able to solve.

So anyone familiar with this MA131 router?
I wish to create two WLAN with one of them isolated, any advise?

axoloke
post Aug 23 2018, 09:42 AM

On my way
615 posts

Company got upgraded to this router last week, and it went down twice in one week! Beware, it seems like a POS equipment.
SilentVampire
post Aug 23 2018, 10:16 AM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(Poseidonho @ Jul 13 2018, 10:33 AM)
Hi Guys,

Did anyone use Maxis AMINIA MA131 router before?

Last day, Our company Internet down that DSL did not have any light indicating. Then Maxis Claim the router spoiled and have to change a new router.

The new router with lightning protection cost about RM650, I heard the brand is Zyxel.

But what he bought to us is Maxis AMINIA MA131, in the beginning, the DSL still doesn't indicate any light.
After he uses the whole day to fix the wiring outside only able to solve.

So anyone familiar with this MA131 router? 
I wish to create two WLAN with one of them isolated, any advise?
You should have bought your own router and ignore Maxis offering you a POS router.
jerryching
post Sep 4 2018, 09:44 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(axoloke @ Aug 23 2018, 09:42 AM)
Company got upgraded to this router last week, and it went down twice in one week! Beware, it seems like a POS equipment.
I'm In Maxis Home 10Mps ..Last Month They Replace The Technicolor TG784n v3 To New TP-Link Archer C5v..But That Router Unable Reround Back To My Own Website By LAN Connection (WiFi + Maxis Technical Able Access That Website)
Yesterday They Come To Replace The TP-Link To This Maxis AMINIA MA131...That Guy Tell Me That This Router Is For Business Fibre Plan... MA131..Very BAD ?? rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
axoloke
post Sep 4 2018, 11:29 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(jerryching @ Sep 4 2018, 09:44 PM)
I'm In Maxis Home 10Mps ..Last Month They Replace The Technicolor TG784n v3 To New TP-Link Archer C5v..But That Router Unable Reround Back To My Own Website By LAN Connection (WiFi + Maxis Technical Able Access That Website)
Yesterday They Come To Replace The TP-Link To This Maxis AMINIA MA131...That Guy Tell Me That This Router Is For Business Fibre Plan... MA131..Very BAD ?? rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
Still under monitoring...Maxis staff disabled the 4G Sim card standby so it's running purely on the fibre service. The technician told me they will replace it with a TPLink model if it hangs again.
jerryching
post Sep 5 2018, 10:04 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(axoloke @ Sep 4 2018, 11:29 PM)
Still under monitoring...Maxis staff disabled the 4G Sim card standby so it's running purely on the fibre service. The technician told me they will replace it with a TPLink model if it hangs again.
Been Using About 1 Day++ ..Start Unable Access My Own Website ...Need To OFF Router Power... Then ON It Back ...Shittt !!! bangwall.gif bangwall.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
SilentVampire
post Sep 5 2018, 09:03 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(jerryching @ Sep 5 2018, 10:04 AM)
Been Using About 1 Day++ ..Start Unable Access My Own Website ...Need To OFF Router Power... Then ON It Back ...Shittt !!!  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif
Sorry to say Maxis routers are generally pretty shit. Try getting your own router if you are not using VoIP. If you are, get the D-Link DSL-G2452. It supports VoIP.
jerryching
post Sep 6 2018, 09:12 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(axoloke @ Sep 4 2018, 11:29 PM)
Did They Say That What Model They Will Replace ? Do The Maxperts Charging For The On Site Support Every Time They Visit ?? Because The MA131 I'm Using From This Week Monday - Thursday..4 Days ..Already HANG 2 Times..Unable to Access Own Website + CCTV...Need To OFF + ON Back Router To Working Back Like Normal mad.gif mad.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif

This post has been edited by jerryching: Sep 6 2018, 09:19 PM
axoloke
post Sep 7 2018, 12:19 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(jerryching @ Sep 6 2018, 09:12 PM)
Did They Say That What Model They Will Replace ? Do The Maxperts Charging For The On Site Support Every Time They Visit ??  Because The MA131 I'm Using From This Week Monday - Thursday..4 Days ..Already HANG 2 Times..Unable to Access Own Website + CCTV...Need To OFF + ON Back Router To Working Back Like Normal  mad.gif  mad.gif  ranting.gif  ranting.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif
Better call the Maxis support line and lodge a report. They shouldn't charge you anything for the normal technician visit. Mention it hung twice already and let them work on it.

So far our modem/router has remained up after disabling the 4G standby connectivity.
langsk
post Nov 2 2018, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

Every time Maxis mention about their Maxperts.. I just feel that it is a SCAM....
3 of my office Maxis-fiber is install by their appointed installer..

last time my JB office line down for a week (TM fiber down.. 4G fail to up).. after complaint kaw kaw.. only they willing to sent their own staff to my office to check..
hk99mobile
post Nov 29 2018, 06:50 PM

5 posts

i been using this Maxis AMINIA MA131 router, so far no issue, port forward work well, could this router be remote access?
Connexiionz
post Dec 11 2018, 02:06 PM

29 posts

Aminia Ma131 is actually Netis router rebranded. The modem is good but the firmware is kinda screwed up. It has a 3 level access.

1. User level
2. Admin level and
3. Super Admin

wanttotree
post Jan 18 2019, 12:06 AM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(Connexiionz @ Dec 11 2018, 02:06 PM)
Aminia Ma131 is actually Netis router rebranded. The modem is good but the firmware is kinda screwed up. It has a 3 level access.

1. User level
2. Admin level and
3. Super Admin
Is there a way i can get super admin access? Need to change some settings in it.
armadasaxon
post Jan 23 2019, 12:24 PM

Casual
488 posts

hi today I juz migrate from tm to maxis.
They give me the amenia ma131 modem router.

Im just wondering how come they no provide new modem,as they still using back the old tm modem onu Huawei hg8240w.

HimuraShin
post Mar 1 2019, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Cant find any replacement for this router which supports 4G and Vlan tagging... vmad.gif
axoloke
post Apr 18 2019, 03:01 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(HimuraShin @ Mar 1 2019, 06:01 PM)
Cant find any replacement for this router which supports 4G and Vlan tagging... vmad.gif
Do you really need the 4G standby though? I believe there's a quota on it and I find it rather unstable. Vlan tagging should be a normal feature for other routers though.

I'm looking for a replacement model too, but without the 4G backup. Looking at the Asus routers currently.
loki
post Feb 24 2020, 10:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,086 posts

After using this MA131, its really bad.. web pages will just not load (looks like router hang or something), have to restart. In the end, switch back to my old router and no problem
lwk523
post Feb 25 2020, 10:56 PM

Premium Q Trader
1,036 posts

QUOTE(loki @ Feb 24 2020, 10:49 AM)
After using this MA131, its really bad.. web pages will just not load (looks like router hang or something), have to restart. In the end, switch back to my old router and no problem
Get tp link m600 ... smile.gif
onnying88
post Jun 19 2020, 05:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,663 posts

Can this modem support unifi sim or yes4g ? cannot find the support band for this modem anywhere.
takwah
post Sep 30 2020, 12:26 PM

38 posts

Hi All,

I am trying to setup the Aminia MA131 router to use unifi, but unable to change VLAN ID to 500.

user posted image

I tried using the Easy Setup and select TM Mode but still cannot get the connection.

I had input the PPPOE username and password correctly.

Please advise.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:05 PM