3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Upgrade? How about lower the price?, Streamyx users bullied again

views

TSQuantumEdge
post Jul 12 2018, 03:49 PM, updated 6y ago

Regular
1,147 posts

TM released an upcoming speed update for Unifi and Streamyx users, providing double speed for streamyx users while x10 for Unifi

The problem starts here, as someone who lives in a place that doesnt even have Streamyx 8mbps, no Unifi...We are still stuck with lower speed while paying the same price than those who gets upgraded to double speed

So far, TM didnt mention any price reduction for us...I guess the monopoly effect is strong on this one?

personal experience here,
Early this year, an agent came to my taman to collect names of residents who are interested in applying Unifi
He promised we will be getting Unifi before mid-year and we are all happily waiting for it
Months passed, we are still stuck on ADSL with 4mbps max
Numerous complains sent, all TM replys are : No infrastructure in your area

Meanwhile all the tamans nearby, house beside the same road are already enjoy 100+mbps

Anyone has the same issue, does lodging complains to MCMC helps?

This post has been edited by QuantumEdge: Jul 12 2018, 03:52 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
UntilUComeBack
post Jul 12 2018, 03:58 PM

HueHueHue
481 posts

Streamyx will get the max speed arounds the area.
if 8mbps, go for that.

cant do anything i guess.
TSQuantumEdge
post Jul 12 2018, 04:38 PM

Regular
1,147 posts

QUOTE(UntilUComeBack @ Jul 12 2018, 03:58 PM)
Streamyx will get the max speed arounds the area.
if 8mbps, go for that.

cant do anything i guess.
Looks like we are being punished for TM's inability to upgrade infrastructure
YoungMan
post Jul 12 2018, 08:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

unless other ISP come in to compete, nothing much you can do. Hopefully new gov will allow it, then can also release some burdent from TM.
adrian72
post Jul 13 2018, 12:19 PM

Casual
333 posts

Have to wait and see what the new packages are.

Maybe you can save cost by switching to the previous 2mbps plan since that plan should be upgraded to 4mbps?

soul_gamerz
post Jul 13 2018, 12:22 PM

Casual
439 posts

ok la 4mb..my area still stuck with 1mb! if they said 2x the speed for the upgrade, then i only get 2mb. damnit tm
sp3d2
post Jul 13 2018, 12:26 PM

Casual
315 posts

everytime i heard about TM want to upgrade this and that, i feel like meh. they can talk and plan for years but nothing will happened to streamyx user.

they really insult streamyx user. treat us like we are nothing and stupid. rm 140 for 4 mbps? are we living in stoge age? F*** you TM. F*** you.

This post has been edited by sp3d2: Jul 13 2018, 12:26 PM
NyD-WiLL
post Jul 14 2018, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Just look at their useless bawang event... They rather waste money to create useless ads and hype instead of give back to loyal customers. This company is hopeless like old government.

12 years Streamyx customer here.

This post has been edited by NyD-WiLL: Jul 14 2018, 12:08 PM
al_madd
post Jul 14 2018, 12:47 PM

Regular
1,359 posts

QUOTE(NyD-WiLL @ Jul 14 2018, 12:06 PM)
Just look at their useless bawang event... They rather waste money to create useless ads and hype instead of give back to loyal customers. This company is hopeless like old government.

12 years Streamyx customer here.
Old and new government are useless..

Do streamyx 8mbps able to double the speed?
omnimech
post Jul 14 2018, 12:50 PM

DaFuQ
1,441 posts

Nobody ever reduces price.

Take maxis as a good example, rather than make their prices more competitive, they just triple up the data.

Data is somewhat free to all service providers, its just a matter of how much rm per gb they can make.

When people go up in a riot, they just increase the GB and keep making the same amount of money.

You are welcome to downgrade to a lower tier since the speed is sufficient. So you downgrade and save on your own smile.gif
ardn
post Jul 14 2018, 08:07 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

For streamyx users like us ...2x speed upgrade is a scam.
I believe most area are using still old infra..copper line degrade over time..noise...high attenuation.. interference... and TM won't replace the copper line for us
...even if u r qualified,chances of a successful 2X speed upgrade is below 50%..
Ironically,Tm isn't rewarding its loyal customer..but..to rub salt on our wound...looking at how generous TM to new unifi users..double the speed update from 30MB To 50MB..from 50MB to 500MB next year ..turbo boost..
Tm should lower the subscribtion fee for streamyx user who aren't getting free upgrade..no more Bawang!
Hummingbird
post Jul 14 2018, 08:37 PM

Enthusiast
977 posts

QUOTE(al_madd @ Jul 14 2018, 12:47 PM)
Old and new government are useless..
Do streamyx 8mbps able to double the speed?
Hey the new government is only starting its work a few months ago, it’s not fair to come to this conclusion this fast.
nexona88
post Jul 15 2018, 01:31 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

TM only good at talking...
they really don't bother to upgrade their infrastructure...
there's huge demand for Unifi.. but their favourite reason "port sudah penuh"! hello.. if full, please add more... more $$ for your company. simple thing also they don't understand..
MilesAndMore
post Jul 15 2018, 03:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(omnimech @ Jul 14 2018, 12:50 PM)
Nobody ever reduces price.

Take maxis as a good example, rather than make their prices more competitive, they just triple up the data.

Data is somewhat free to all service providers, its just a matter of how much rm per gb they can make.

When people go up in a riot, they just increase the GB and keep making the same amount of money.

You are welcome to downgrade to a lower tier since the speed is sufficient. So you downgrade and save on your own smile.gif
Malaysia Fixed Line Broadband is some of the most expensive in the world. But our mobile plan is actually some of the cheapest in the world. So I would say current Postpaid plan offerings in Malaysia are super competitive. In fact it is too competitive to the point profit margin is lower these days.
ardn
post Jul 15 2018, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

Use anti trust law to break TM into 2 separate company..this will create competition... end monopoly

lpsoldier007
post Jul 15 2018, 04:10 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Jul 12 2018, 03:49 PM)
TM released an upcoming speed update for Unifi and Streamyx users, providing double speed for streamyx users while x10 for Unifi

The problem starts here, as someone who lives in a place that doesnt even have Streamyx 8mbps, no Unifi...We are still stuck with lower speed while paying the same price than those who gets upgraded to double speed

So far, TM didnt mention any price reduction for us...I guess the monopoly effect is strong on this one?

personal experience here,
Early this year, an agent came to my taman to collect names of residents who are interested in applying Unifi
He promised we will be getting Unifi before mid-year and we are all happily waiting for it
Months passed, we are still stuck on ADSL with 4mbps max
Numerous complains sent, all TM replys are : No infrastructure in your area

Meanwhile all the tamans nearby, house beside the same road are already enjoy 100+mbps

Anyone has the same issue, does lodging complains to MCMC helps?
U stay in which part of Kulai?

I live in Kulai also.

Already apply for Unifi coverage since 2012. But no avail until now.

Nearby taman 100 meters from my house have Unifi already.

I have tried MCMC, BPA, etc but all failed. Even TM guy from KL come to my housing area to check for feasibility but still fail. Need to fork out Rm 70k at least and they dont want to spend that amount of money.
tampinmy
post Jul 15 2018, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(lpsoldier007 @ Jul 15 2018, 04:10 PM)
U stay in which part of Kulai?

I live in Kulai also.

Already apply for Unifi coverage since 2012. But no avail until now.

Nearby taman 100 meters from my house have Unifi already.

I have tried MCMC, BPA, etc but all failed. Even TM guy from KL come to my housing area to check for feasibility but still fail. Need to fork out Rm 70k at least and they dont want to spend that amount of money.

That seems familiar, let me guess, Bandar Putra?
omnimech
post Jul 15 2018, 05:33 PM

DaFuQ
1,441 posts

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Jul 15 2018, 03:28 PM)
Malaysia Fixed Line Broadband is some of the most expensive in the world. But our mobile plan is actually some of the cheapest in the world. So I would say current Postpaid plan offerings in Malaysia are super competitive. In fact it is too competitive to the point profit margin is lower these days.
Yeah, but you are using the new data plan quota as a basis.

So for example, if currently i am paying RM 215 for 100 Mbps which gets upgraded to 800 Mbps, will the statement that we are the most expensive fixed line broadband still be applicable ?

My point is, the likes of Maxis and TM, are just reducing the Price of Data without restructuring their current customer base.

Those who are on a 2 year contract, still have to stay on a 2 year contract, regardless if 800 Mbps is too much bandwidth for them, they do not get automatically downgraded to an equivalent plan which gives them 100 Mbps only.
nexona88
post Jul 15 2018, 06:07 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

just open up the market.
give TIME more chance to go landed properties & those place that TM says port full.. I'm sure there's demand for it..
zher4883
post Jul 15 2018, 06:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,490 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Jul 15 2018, 06:07 PM)
just open up the market.
give TIME more chance to go landed properties & those place that TM says port full.. I'm sure there's demand for it..
The market is already opened. There's no restriction but rather TIME refused to rent the back haul to landed property and laying it themselves is very expensive.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:05 PM