Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Progressive payment for undercon project

views

ketnave
post Jul 11 2018, 11:19 PM

Enthusiast
850 posts

QUOTE(kimirockz @ Jul 11 2018, 11:10 PM)
progressive payment as in paying the loan interest? once bank release the progressive payment then u start paying.

if u purchase near completion, u save more as u pay less interest.
You will probably be paying the same interest.

Like you mention, you pay interest on the amount disbursed by the bank.

Case 1
If bank disbursed 100k @ 5% you will pay 5k per annum
Near completion, bank disburse another 100k, total disbursement 200k @ 5% = 10k per annum

Case 2
Let say you enter when the prop is about to complete, the bank will disbursed the amount = close completion,
200k @ 5%, you will be paying 10k per annum

Should be same anyway, heck you might be paying more if the price appreciated.

ketnave
post Jul 11 2018, 11:26 PM

Enthusiast
850 posts

QUOTE(GibsX @ Jul 11 2018, 09:05 PM)
Hi..

I'm thinking to buy an apartment (under construction project) which is near to completion.

I understand that every undercon project requires you to pay certain amount to bank for progressive payment (that will eventually deduct your loan interest?) But my concern is, since the project is near completion, do I need to pay higher amount compare to someone who already made the purchase/sign s&p let say 2 years earlier than me?

I heard about this rumours where whoever make later purchase need to pay more than someone who made the purchase earlier?? Is this true?? Anyone know how to calculate this?

Also how long usually you need to pay the progressive payment after you already signed snp?

Thanks!
You pay as the bank disburses the $ to the developer.
Under the S&P there will be stages, that will indicate the % to be paid (disbursed) by the bank after reaching each stages of construction.

In summary, let say your prop is 200k
Stage (1) - 10%
Stage (2) - 15%
Stage (n) - 10%

Add up all stages will be 100%

In stage (1) you will be paying (servicing) the loan for 10% of 200k, which is 20k. You pay interest on this 20k that is disbursed out by the bank.

If you have flexi loan, then you can dump 20k into the loan account, and then technically, you will be paying 0%

Since the prop is not completed, your loan payment won't actually start, you will be servicing the interest only. Which is why, as the property near completion, you will notice that your monthly payment will start to go up and eventually be the monthly loan amount as per your loan.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:48 PM