Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

NSS KIA gleanmary shah Alam incopetent and gready

views

SUSMhd shah
post Jul 11 2018, 12:08 AM, updated 6y ago

Casual
317 posts

a weak ago a friend with spectra, engine start jerking and car can't move, he tooks it to NSS KIA at Shah Alam Gleanmary paid 80 RM for check they find slightly low piston pressure 80 instead of 120 and said it need full engine overhaul.
he tow it to a mechanic, and change spark plug and coils and did some configuration and it was ok again.
I recommend no one use NSS service as they are incompetent and will rip him off.
don't be fooled by style, equipment and their PR diplomacy.

This post has been edited by Mhd shah: Jul 11 2018, 12:35 AM
SUSMhd shah
post Jul 11 2018, 07:18 PM

Casual
317 posts

I leaned also
platinum or Iridium 4 electrode spark plug is not good for NGV it'll not be destroyed like cooper, but became dirty with soot fast

This post has been edited by Mhd shah: Jul 11 2018, 07:25 PM
SUSMhd shah
post Jul 18 2018, 12:35 PM

Casual
317 posts

This is response from NSS to my friend

Response from the owner 4 days ago
Dear ****,

We have informed you that there was a problem with both the engine compression & also the spark plugs and coils. Additionally, there are other issues with your car as well & the engine has been retrofitted with non original equipment.

The reason for the engine overhaul was due to the engine compression readings & this has been explained to you:

Cylinder 1: 120psi
Cylinder 2: 90psi
Cylinder 3: 100psi
Cylinder 4: 90 psi

Hence, we stand firm with our recommendation that your engine needs to be overhauled.
someone should told them that means 90% of cars running in streets need overhaul by their stupid standard
and when someone bring car to them he need it like most cars from its generation
this called unwritten terms of the contract
any suggested enhancement to the car is out of the repair contract unless it discussed and both agreed
car brought not running the owner need it running, unless he asked to be fully restored

This post has been edited by Mhd shah: Jul 18 2018, 12:36 PM
iZuDeeN
post Jul 19 2018, 08:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

most if not all company will find way to void the manufacturer warranty even those after market parts installed has nothing do to with it
cavaliars
post Jul 19 2018, 08:10 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

Whenever you have fitted ngv, no point going back to service centre because they will not and also do not have the expertise to solve your issues...Better take it to a en experience ngv mechanic who is familiar with korean car to get it solve...
SUSMhd shah
post Jul 21 2018, 11:30 AM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(cavaliars @ Jul 19 2018, 08:10 PM)
Whenever you have fitted ngv, no point going back to service centre because they will not and also do not have the expertise to solve your issues...Better take it to a en experience ngv mechanic who is familiar with korean car to get it solve...
yes it was wrong I told my friend that, but not this stupidity and incompetent from replacing small component to saying the motor is totally damaged
SUSMhd shah
post Jul 21 2018, 11:31 AM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(iZuDeeN @ Jul 19 2018, 08:01 PM)
most if not all company will find way to void the manufacturer warranty even those after market parts installed has nothing do to with it
no warranty the car 2004
SUSNew Klang
post Jul 22 2018, 09:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

In retrospect, do u think it is necessary to let Naza diagnose the problem?

I am interested to buy Korean.
cavaliars
post Jul 23 2018, 01:53 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(Mhd shah @ Jul 21 2018, 11:30 AM)
yes it was wrong I told my friend that, but not this stupidity and incompetent from replacing small component to saying the motor is totally damaged
Well, service centre doesnt work or operate like small workshops outside. They have different SOP.

This can be seen and compare on normal service.

Service centre
You send in car for normal service, they include car inspections etc.

Outside workshop
Send in for service, they only change engine oil and oil filter. No extra or others checking or work are done.
You get what you paid for.

However, is well known that SC will not change small components etc. They will straight go for a big 1 (ie the whole thing).

leon898
post Jul 23 2018, 08:42 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(New Klang @ Jul 22 2018, 09:45 AM)

new or second?

if new, u have no choice but to go to their sc due to warranty.
Ginny88
post Jul 23 2018, 01:37 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

QUOTE(cavaliars @ Jul 23 2018, 01:53 AM)
Well, service centre doesnt work or operate like small workshops outside. They have different SOP.

This can be seen and compare on normal service.

Service centre

Outside workshop
Send in for service, they only change engine oil and oil filter. No extra or others checking or work are done.
You get what you paid for.

However, is well known that SC will not change small components etc. They will straight go for a big 1 (ie the whole thing).
Depends on the workshop. All the ones I patronize also check and advise me if anything else need to change. It's up to me whether to take their advice or not.
SUSMhd shah
post Jul 25 2018, 11:26 AM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(New Klang @ Jul 22 2018, 09:45 AM)

after warranty, don't unless the car is very sophisticated and small mechanical shop can't diagnose
SUSMhd shah
post Jul 25 2018, 11:35 AM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(cavaliars @ Jul 23 2018, 01:53 AM)

Service centre
NOT TRUE, my friend asked them to check for reverse sensor not working and they didn't, many other small things like gear indicator panel lights also not working they did'nt check

Outside workshop Send in for service, they only change engine oil and oil filter. No extra or others checking or work are done.  You get what you paid for.  However, is well known that SC will not change small components etc. They will straight go for a big 1 (ie the whole thing).

I used to have proton and changed small component many times
cavaliars
post Jul 26 2018, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(Mhd shah @ Jul 25 2018, 11:35 AM)
NOT TRUE, my friend asked them to check for reverse sensor not working and they didn't, many other small things like gear indicator panel lights also not working they did'nt check
I used to have proton and changed small component many times
Then in this case is time to avoid them...Because SC should do a round check after service. Standard procedure when i service at Honda and Perodua.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:03 PM