Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Yamaha FZ150i potential issue, Owner please check, it might harm you.

views

TSjaylim94
post Jul 5 2018, 09:01 PM, updated 6y ago

On my way
522 posts

Hello every bikers here especially you having 2015 FZ150i

I would like to report an issue what is happen to my FZ150 while HongLeong Yamaha trying to ignore my complaint although I e-mail them.

Attached Image

On 8/6/18, while I riding my bike on my way back home, I cross over an uneven road. Then suddenly my bike center frame broke off and the rear body has fall of and pressing the rear wheel to make my bike unable to cruise. Because of this incident I almost lost my life. I have attach a photo where my bike broke down, I had call for a towing service to tow my bike back to the service center I always visit.

Attached Image

The foreman that work there told me that one of the screw has fallen by the time I ride, but I did not do any modification on my current bike before and I don't always ride this bike, so impossible the screw is tampered by other people.

Attached Image

I had attach one photo receipt to prove all these incident.

So, what's your thought ?
Is that really my problem or is a manufacture fault? rclxub.gif
basilisk
post Jul 5 2018, 09:20 PM

30 posts

if hly ever reply, they will say probably loosen due to vibration.. so owner hv to check all fasteners often...
haturaya
post Jul 5 2018, 09:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 5 2018, 09:20 PM)
if hly ever reply, they will say probably loosen due to vibration.. so owner hv to check all fasteners often...
Exactly. Shift the blame to the owner instead. whistling.gif
latipbogiba
post Jul 5 2018, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

Same road ive used to use before.
TSjaylim94
post Jul 5 2018, 10:52 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 5 2018, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE(haturaya @ Jul 5 2018, 09:30 PM)
Exactly. Shift the blame to the owner instead.  whistling.gif
I have phobia on my bike d, if I would change my bike I will pick super-cub for sure bangwall.gif
If that time I'm riding on extreme environment, I might just get serious accident.
Luckily for myself usually keep on the left lane and it suddenly broke up and there is some car moving slow behind me, hence I able to survive without any harm mega_shok.gif

This post has been edited by jaylim94: Jul 5 2018, 10:54 PM
leon898
post Jul 6 2018, 08:38 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

report to tribunal..
Justin.Loong
post Jul 6 2018, 02:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Jul 5 2018, 09:01 PM)
On 8/6/18, while I riding my bike on my way back home, I cross over an uneven road. Then suddenly my bike center frame broke off and the rear body has fall of and pressing the rear wheel to make my bike unable to cruise. Because of this incident I almost lost my life. I have attach a photo where my bike broke down, I had call for a towing service to tow my bike back to the service center I always visit.

Attached Image

The foreman that work there told me that one of the screw has fallen by the time I ride, but I did not do any modification on my current bike before and I don't always ride this bike, so impossible the screw is tampered by other people.

Attached Image

My guess is; Your FZ150 suspension lingkage bolt tercabut so that's why your subframe collapsed. hmm.gif

TSjaylim94
post Jul 6 2018, 08:40 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jul 6 2018, 02:57 PM)
My guess is; Your FZ150 suspension lingkage bolt tercabut so that's why your subframe collapsed.  hmm.gif
Yes is tercabut, but I dont even touch that part from the time i bought this bike until now. mad.gif
PedangGila
post Jul 6 2018, 11:14 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

Yeah, the bolt should be secured at the other end really. Thanks for the info
watashigundamu
post Jul 8 2018, 02:45 PM

8 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

just to let you know , i directly complain my fz 2014 engine oil issue to a yamaha representative during a yamaha bike owner survey session.

and i can tell you , complain is no use at all, since they sincerely believe their bike is "best selling , no issue" < this is the EXACT quote from the representative himself.

this show nothing but total ignorance from that one particular representative , or yamaha them self.

and sorry to hear what happen to your bike, guess change to another bike is the best option, and no , no more yamaha for my next bike.
TSjaylim94
post Jul 8 2018, 08:29 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(watashigundamu @ Jul 8 2018, 02:45 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

just to let you know , i directly complain my fz 2014 engine oil issue to a yamaha representative during a yamaha bike owner survey session.

and i can tell you , complain is no use at all, since they sincerely believe their bike is "best selling , no issue"  < this is the EXACT quote from the representative himself.

this show nothing but total ignorance from that one particular representative , or yamaha them self.

and sorry to hear what happen to your bike, guess change to another bike is the best option, and no , no more yamaha for my next bike.
no more yamaha for my next bike +1 smile.gif
ajaibman
post Jul 9 2018, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

For future ref: those screw/nut who prone to loosen due to vibration.. put the Loctite thread locker when screwing in...

Experience riding HD gives the magical essence of the bolt and nut Thread Locker..

user posted image
TSjaylim94
post Jul 9 2018, 08:37 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Jul 9 2018, 10:33 AM)
For future ref: those screw/nut who prone to loosen due to vibration.. put the Loctite thread locker when screwing in...

Experience riding HD gives the magical essence of the  bolt and nut Thread Locker..

user posted image
Wow where to get this? did those workshop keep something like this? hmm.gif

QUOTE(VBH @ Jul 9 2018, 05:40 PM)
i also almost died when my demak ex90 hub burst....
so i understand your phobia...anyway sold it away oledi
GGWP you have been spared by thanos brows.gif

But really glad you're safe smile.gif
basilisk
post Jul 9 2018, 09:43 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Jul 9 2018, 08:37 PM)
Wow where to get this? did those workshop keep something like this?  hmm.gif

hardware shop bro... biggrin.gif
Justin.Loong
post Jul 10 2018, 12:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Jul 6 2018, 08:40 PM)
Yes is tercabut, but I dont even touch that part from the time i bought this bike until now. mad.gif
Sometimes, due to vibration or lack of tightening torque at CKD factory or whatever else reason, this happens.
Which is why it's a good idea to wash our bikes by ourselves.
You can spot whatever problems at an early stage.
Justin.Loong
post Jul 10 2018, 12:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Jul 5 2018, 09:01 PM)
Attached Image The foreman that work there told me that one of the screw has fallen by the time I ride, but I did not do any modification on my current bike before and I don't always ride this bike, so impossible the screw is tampered by other people.

BTW, please make sure the bolt you are using for the linkage is the "hardened" type.
Not all bolts are the same. excl.gif
Justin.Loong
post Jul 10 2018, 12:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Jul 9 2018, 08:37 PM)
Wow where to get this? did those workshop keep something like this?  hmm.gif
All good workshops should have Loctite.
And Loctite has different types too for different purposes. excl.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled