Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Alternative pathways after MBBS/MD

views

CyberSetan
post Nov 9 2022, 01:16 AM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

QUOTE(toronto6160s @ Nov 8 2022, 08:19 PM)
Can i study master in medical science without going through housemanship?
Yes. but dont call yourself a medical doctor if you dont want to get in trouble with the Malaysian Medical Council....
Just drop the 'Dr' title from your life... unless you managed to complete a PhD or decided to complete the housemanship thus getting full registration with MMC.
CyberSetan
post Feb 27 2023, 07:10 PM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

if you graduated from your medical program and dont want to do medicine and get the full MMC registration...
Please refrain from calling yourself 'Doctor'...

Many of us in the medical fraternity find it apalling for a non-fully registered medical practitioner - ie: not finished/failed housemanship parading around calling themselves Dr. this and Dr. that... much worse, if the person never even registered with MMC to do housemanship... (these are really tak tau maluuu punya woraang)

If you hate clinical environment - you can try join the academic pathway - go do Masters and then PhD in basic medical sciences (physio/anatomy/Biochem/etc) and become a lecturer...
or apply for post-graduate diploma in education and teach primary or secondary school as a teacher - https://ecentral.my/dpli-um-2022/
or go down the insurance pathway and become a medical underwriter...

for medical underwriter, you will need to take additional courses like LOMA - https://www.loma.org/en/professional-develo...atalog/und-386/

CyberSetan
post Mar 10 2023, 02:13 PM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

QUOTE(toronto6160s @ Mar 10 2023, 12:44 PM)
Thanks for the comments and the nice suggestions.
I think my professors told us even u are not becoming the doctors. As long as u completed MBBS/MD,you are awarded with the title 'Dr'.
rclxm9.gif  notworthy.gif
If you have no shame, then go on and use the 'Dr' title... you will get in trouble soon enough with the Malaysian Medical Council.

Actual medical doctors with full MMC registration, passed housemanship and can actually practice medicine under the law - will ridicule you for calling yourself 'Dr'....

time to call a more senior doctor in /k... what do you think Limeuu ? abuse of 'Dr' title? like some politicians in Malaysia?

This post has been edited by CyberSetan: Mar 10 2023, 02:18 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:31 PM