Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mazda Malaysia Sells 2017 Cars as 2018 Made Cars?, First time Mazda CX-5 Owner Experience

[Ancient]-XinG-
post Jun 30 2018, 04:03 PM

20k VIP club
Group: Senior Member

Dear TS, thanks for pointing it out.

Something that I feared most when buying thing with big amount of money.

And yes, cheating is cheating. 6 months is a NO accept period for that car to be 2017.

That's ugly and ridiculous.

I hate this type of worker the most.

Cont the investigation. For sure they will ask you to close case. Just say want clear clarification.

I got this feel before but lucky its not buying car.

ZeneticX
post Jun 30 2018, 04:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 30 2018, 04:02 PM)
When I asked that question.. Their CS's response was that mine was a CBU unit specially from Japan.. Though angry, I loled.. Couldn't contain myself.. laugh.gif I then demanded where are the rest of my Japanese specs? Fella pretty much clammed up after that and started sounding confused.. Suddenly not so smart..
next time when you're trying to sell your car you can also mentioned is a one off special CBU from Japan biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Jun 30 2018, 04:12 PM
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 04:14 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Jun 30 2018, 04:03 PM)
Dear TS, thanks for pointing it out.

Something that I feared most when buying thing with big amount of money.

And yes, cheating is cheating. 6 months is a NO accept period for that car to be 2017.

That's ugly and ridiculous.

I hate this type of worker the most.

Cont the investigation. For sure they will ask you to close case. Just say want clear clarification.

I got this feel before but lucky its not buying car.
You are welcome. Thanks for the support. It's easy as some have suggested to just roll over and let it go.. Hope all will be well with the car.. Perhaps If someone bought say early January and he/she didn't care..okay lah.. The fella make a bit of fuss, get a voucher or something and it's all good.. But NOPE... We cared, we demanded and it's almost half-way into the year.. So no excuse.

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 04:08 PM)
next time when you're trying to sell your car you can also mentioned is a one of special CBU from Japan biggrin.gif
Ya... I'll tell the buyer.. Hey, don't believe.. Call Mazda and ask now.. They'll confirm.. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fat & Fluffy
post Jun 30 2018, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 30 2018, 06:02 PM)
When I asked that question.. Their CS's response was that mine was a CBU unit specially from Japan.. Though angry, I loled.. Couldn't contain myself.. laugh.gif I then demanded where are the rest of my Japanese specs? Fella pretty much clammed up after that and started sounding confused.. Suddenly not so smart..
is it ckd or cbu?

i think even if its a 2017* model with no mileage and difference in specs and trim it is ok... complex supply-chain will cause this kind of situation... very normal... but it being dirty is not acceptable ler

TOMEI-R
post Jun 30 2018, 04:52 PM

Extraordinaire

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 30 2018, 03:54 PM)
I get what you are saying.. Heard it repeated a few times already. Thing is, just because something is "standard" doesn't make it legal, morally right or ethical. Bad stuff is bad stuff.. Crime is crime. I bet you that If i walked into a 7 eleven store right now to take bread worth RM3 and walk out.. Claiming that I haven't eaten since the day before. Do you think I wouldn't be criminally prosecuted? A slap on the wrist or low fine..That's best case scenario... Now the other scenario is that the public will be called and I'll immediately receive the beating of my life and be lucky if the cops come in time to save my life. What am I saying? Regardless of how the manufacturing companies want to spin these illegal practice, it does not justify it.. not one bit. I was clear from the very start that the SA must not give us what we do not want and still the SA went ahead. Follow RC, follow RC... RC is just that.. RC.. What if a couple years down the line, Malaysia adopts a VIN/Chasis first and only system? Means I rugi when it's Mazda who screwed up in the first place. How's that any fair to me the buyer.. We aren't talking about a RM20K vehicle here.. It's over RM160K... I know for some, its to little. I really do not care if since last year, they bubble wrapped and washed the car daily with meguir's or some other premium products.. Regardless, it's still one's sweat and hard-earned money. Mazda in wanting to save themselves money shafted their buyers instead. That..no matter how it's spun is wrong on any level.

Thanks for your time and well written explanation.  notworthy.gif
Like mentioned, Im not condoning or agreeing to their business tactics. Just telling the truth of what is happening in our motor industry here. As for your predicament, I strongly suggest you to write in to Mazda Japan instead of their distributor Bermaz here and lets see how the Japanesse will address your issue.

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 03:56 PM)
that actually made sense.... from a business point of view it's the logical step to make

but TS is getting a 2017 made vehicle in June 2018, does that make sense? I mean if that's the case there must've been lots of CX5 waiting in storage. So why the long waiting period for people who booked this model? This is supposed to be a highly sought after model not like some brands with ready stock lying around. And also as TS mention some people who booked at the same period or even earlier than him are getting 2018 made vehicles
As far as I know, Mazda assembles a few models of their cars here for the Malaysian market as well as the SEA markets, which includes Thailand, Indonesia etc. There could be a mixed up or swapping of the units means for export and for the local markets.

This post has been edited by TOMEI-R: Jun 30 2018, 04:53 PM
ZeneticX
post Jun 30 2018, 04:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jun 30 2018, 04:43 PM)
is it ckd or cbu?

i think even if its a 2017* model with no mileage and difference in specs and trim it is ok... complex supply-chain will cause this kind of situation... very normal... but it being dirty is not acceptable ler
for the new CX5 there was never CBU in Malaysia. From first day launch it's already CKD. So mazda telling TS that its CBU is slapping themselves hard
hazremi
post Jun 30 2018, 05:29 PM

1million people saved this avatar bcoz she's too cute!

i suggest TS to contact auto blog such as paultan, carlist, motorbuzz etc2 to write about the issue..the power of social media nowadays is great
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 07:47 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(hazremi @ Jun 30 2018, 05:29 PM)
i suggest TS to contact auto blog such as paultan, carlist, motorbuzz etc2 to write about the issue..the power of social media nowadays is great
Thanks, I'm aware of these action and the power of social media. Right now, I'm doing the initial stay calm and seek resolution first, pending Mazda's "investigation". Plus, I need to be sure that these car bloggers/reviewers/influencers, if contacted and willing to publish such, will actually do so and in an unbiased logical manner, as befitting the issue. sweat.gif Of course, if other affected parties or any of you decent connected folks reading this decide on your own that enough is enough and the story should grow? That's your prerogative. Today it's us, it could be you tomorrow. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jun 30 2018, 07:49 PM
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Jun 30 2018, 07:56 PM

20k VIP club

yes. TS. give yourself a time. if pass that point.

you can shoot mail to Mazda Japan. they are very responsive. although they can't do shit. but they can pressure the head here.

maybe the head aren't aware of your case yet.

just do it. no mercy.

cb kia. people sell car they sell car. sell till dishonest. eat dust la.

and cx5 all ckd. cbu also very ancient era. so it's impossible when they say yours is cbu and 2017. f them upside down.
faradie
post Jun 30 2018, 08:24 PM

Getting Started

Another issue when the VIN and vehicle reg record does not match will arise when you try to sell the car. Dealer will not buy the car when the records do not match. I wonder whether those SAs were aware of this b4 they did this scam ie if they really were guilty.

I suppose the ideal solution would be to adjust the reg record to match the VIN with compensation by dealer

This post has been edited by faradie: Jun 30 2018, 08:26 PM
Antzfield
post Jun 30 2018, 09:09 PM

Casual

QUOTE(dauf87 @ Jun 30 2018, 12:37 PM)
From where did you bought the car? Any specific branch that you can tell us..
The one in Puchong, PFCC, near giant, Bandar puteri

Already not happy with the SA service, all my previous cars of other makes (except proton in early years), I am happy about.
Remnant_T
post Jun 30 2018, 09:47 PM

deleted..double post

This post has been edited by Remnant_T: Jun 30 2018, 09:54 PM
Remnant_T
post Jun 30 2018, 09:54 PM

QUOTE(hazremi @ Jun 30 2018, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 30 2018, 07:47 PM)
Thanks, I'm aware of these action and the power of social media. Right now, I'm doing the initial stay calm and seek resolution first, pending Mazda's "investigation". Plus, I need to be sure that these car bloggers/reviewers/influencers, if contacted and willing to publish such, will actually do so and in an unbiased logical manner, as befitting the issue. sweat.gif  Of course, if other affected parties or any of you decent connected folks reading this decide on your own that enough is enough and the story should grow? That's your prerogative. Today it's us, it could be you tomorrow. icon_rolleyes.gif
TS may give a try to contact auto blog in msia regarding this issue, but i dont think they will help to viral it, or giving a help...just bcoz of the conflict of interest among them and the car distributors:

I am pretty sure most of the auto blogs are paid by the car maker/ distributor in msia to promote their cars, if they help to " goreng" this issue on media, I think
the car distributors are not going to like it, hence impacting the blogger's "business" ohmy.gif

scorgio
post Jun 30 2018, 10:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 30 2018, 04:02 PM)
So did your VIN indicate the car as CBU or CKD @ Kulim?
ZeneticX
post Jun 30 2018, 11:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jun 30 2018, 10:24 PM)
There's no need to check because Mazda never bring in CBU for the new cx5. It was only CKD from day 1

Although I know of cases from other brands, Kia for example, where the first batch of a newly launch vehicle is CBU with CKD pricing

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Jun 30 2018, 11:08 PM
scorgio
post Jun 30 2018, 11:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 11:06 PM)
There's no need to check because Mazda never bring in CBU for the new cx5. It was only CKD from day 1

Although I know of cases from other brands, Kia for example, where the first batch of a newly launch vehicle is CBU with CKD pricing
So which means the CS was lying. And that didn't ring a bell?
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 11:31 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Jun 30 2018, 07:56 PM)
yes. TS. give yourself a time. if pass that point.

you can shoot mail to Mazda Japan. they are very responsive. although they can't do shit. but they can pressure the head here.

maybe the head aren't aware of your case yet.

just do it. no mercy.

cb kia. people sell car they sell car. sell till dishonest. eat dust la.

and cx5 all ckd. cbu also very ancient era. so it's impossible when they say yours is cbu and 2017. f them upside down.
Thanks.. Yeah, giving them time so later they don't be like.. Oh, you never let us conclude investigation. That's why I'm being guarded about how I talk about the issue. Trying my best to stick to verifiable facts and not give away too much other evidence.. Else, who knows how far they be willing to fabricate stuff. Better safe than sorry. nod.gif

QUOTE(faradie @ Jun 30 2018, 08:24 PM)
Another issue when the VIN and vehicle reg record does not match will arise when you try to sell the car. Dealer will not buy the car when the records do not match. I wonder whether those SAs were aware of this b4 they did this scam ie if they really were guilty.

I suppose the ideal solution would be to adjust the reg record to match the VIN with compensation by dealer
Yup.. I highlighted the selling in future part and both the SA & Sales Manager replied me (I'm paraphrasing here)..
SM: That's not possible. Because all used car sales people only go by what is written on the RC. So whatever is there is good enough. You will have no problem. In fact, take it to one now and they'll say the same. doh.gif
Me: Sir, Can you put what you just said in writing and we both sign it? Also, include a clause that If I'm unable or it proves a difficult sell or I'm sued for misrepresentation...Mazda Malaysia or Bermaz will be held accountable?
SM: No I cannot do that.
Me: doh.gif

QUOTE(Antzfield @ Jun 30 2018, 09:09 PM)
The one in Puchong, PFCC, near giant, Bandar puteri

Already not happy with the SA service, all my previous cars of other makes (except proton in early years), I am happy about.
Hey, you purchased yours in February right? Kindly PM me details of the purchase.. Ideally photos too.. Feel free to remove or blur out personally identifiable info that you aren't comfortable sharing. Also send your Telegram username and you join the group of potential plaintiffs.

QUOTE(Remnant_T @ Jun 30 2018, 09:54 PM)
TS may give a try to contact auto blog in msia regarding this issue, but i dont think they will help to viral it, or giving a help...just bcoz of the conflict of interest among them and the car distributors:

I am pretty sure most of the auto blogs are paid by the car maker/ distributor in msia to promote their cars, if they help to " goreng" this issue on media, I think
the car distributors are not going to like it, hence impacting the blogger's "business" ohmy.gif
You read my mind.. smile.gif

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jun 30 2018, 10:24 PM)
VIN 100% shows it's from Kedah.. Mazda themselves have also later confirmed that it's built 2017 and from their Kulim factory. Zero doubts there. As others have pointed out, It's impossible I was sold a new 2017 CBU unit with Japanese specs or origins.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jun 30 2018, 11:41 PM
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 11:34 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jun 30 2018, 11:24 PM)
So which means the CS was lying. And that didn't ring a bell?
Please re-read my OP when you can spare the time, for added clarity... CS said this only after I'd already purchased the car and was complaining it's not 2018. Prior to my finding out and reporting, the SA maintained it's definitely 2018 built. So yes, CS, SA and their HQ lied about the matter and tried to explain the issues away.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jun 30 2018, 11:47 PM
hazremi
post Jun 30 2018, 11:35 PM

1million people saved this avatar bcoz she's too cute!

Can you report this to tribunal pengguna?

Write to local newspaper also..
Antzfield
post Jul 1 2018, 12:10 AM

Casual

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 30 2018, 11:31 PM)
Thanks.. Yeah, giving them time so later they don't be like.. Oh, you never let us conclude investigation. That's why I'm being guarded about how I talk about the issue. Trying my best to stick to verifiable facts and not give away too much other evidence.. Else, who knows how far they be willing to fabricate stuff. Better safe than sorry.  nod.gif
Yup.. I highlighted the selling in future part and both the SA & Sales Manager replied me (I'm paraphrasing here)..
SM: That's not possible. Because all used car sales people only go by what is written on the RC. So whatever is there is good enough. You will have no problem. In fact, take it to one now and they'll say the same.  doh.gif
Me: Sir, Can you put what you just said in writing and we both sign it? Also, include a clause that If I'm unable or it proves a difficult sell or I'm sued for misrepresentation...Mazda Malaysia or Bermaz will be held accountable?
SM: No I cannot do that.
Me:  doh.gif
Hey, you purchased yours in February right? Kindly PM me details of the purchase.. Ideally photos too.. Feel free to remove or blur out personally identifiable info that you aren't comfortable sharing. Also send your Telegram username and you join the group of potential plaintiffs.
You read my mind..  smile.gif
VIN 100% shows it's from Kedah.. Mazda themselves have also later confirmed that it's built 2017 and from their Kulim factory. Zero doubts there. As others have pointed out, It's impossible I was sold a new 2017 CBU unit with Japanese specs or origins.
Hi, I will pm you my contact detail and we can contact via telegram. I will also to check other detail, such as booking form, registration card, detail of purchase, etc.

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0854sec    5.03    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 03:12 AM