Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mazda Malaysia Sells 2017 Cars as 2018 Made Cars?, First time Mazda CX-5 Owner Experience

K1963
post Jun 30 2018, 01:25 PM

Group: Junior Member

Long time ago there is one same case happen in Tan Chong motors, the person want to sue the company. The company settle out of court.
Fat & Fluffy
post Jun 30 2018, 01:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 02:31 PM)
I don't get it though... how is there so many leftover 2017 CX5 stocks? I thought it's a pretty popular model and bookings are always full?
probably because of the gst discount promo sales went up the roof, so they contact others within the region to send them their unsold stock?
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 01:58 PM

Noir et fier!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(hazremi @ Jun 30 2018, 07:15 AM)
So what Mazda says finally?
Mazda says they are still investigating. All check-able (that we know off and can access) parts on the car and Mazda themselves have confirmed the car was built in 2017. However, they appear to be dragging their feet on the matter and trying to explain it away on some technicality. Which is so obvious and makes the case stronger cuz they be digging the hole even deeper.

QUOTE(mt24 @ Jun 30 2018, 08:35 AM)
Do they finally compensate you with anything?
Knowing that they at losing side.
Yep, more and more people are coming forward with similar complaints. A hailstorm is coming..The box has been opened and ain't no shutting it now.. All because they tried to save a few bucks and refuse to settle amicably and quietly..

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jun 30 2018, 11:18 AM)
I was a bit confused. If it's a new car but was shown in a dirty state, didn't suspect anything in the 1st place?

Anyhow, I can confirm that JPJ just believe in the documentation submitted during registration without independent verification.

I once bought a 2005 model, but year of manufacture on the geran is 2002.
Please read my post again.. I did suspect, refused and asked the SA to triple check the car's history and confirm without mistake that the car was indeed built/manufactured this year. Bro, it's June 2018 and still the SA & Mazda lied about the car. This is Bermaz official dealer and not some roadside shady car dealership. They should never have any reason to lie on such matters. Especially when the customer has warned them multiple times on the issue.

QUOTE(ProSambalEater @ Jun 30 2018, 11:23 AM)
im not sure how it impacts overall performance for a car built in 2017 or 2018, but misrepresentations from mazda is definitely despicable.

Any more updates from mazda? or it's already closed case?
Definitely still an open case.. I'll keep this thread updated as it goes.. Thanks for support.

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 11:35 AM)
In TS case, the car from outlook is exactly like new, not dirty or worn out enough to be suspicious.

It's only after TS checked the VIN only he found the car was a 2017 vehicle. It might be a display unit or some leftover stock who knows...
Exactly.. Who knows.. Technically Mazda knows but willfully decided to go ahead regardless.
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 02:05 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(Antzfield @ Jun 30 2018, 11:50 AM)
Bloody hell!! i checked mine that i bought in Feb 2018, was told it is 2018 car. The VIN show 2017  mad.gif

What can i do?
I'm so sorry for opening your eyes to this... I too was and still am deeply hurt by discovering.. What you can do is reconfirm all details on docs provided to you. Also, check the car properly for other signs that it's 2017.. Trust me, you'll find a few easily. Do share where you got the car from and your experience with the purchase. Lastly, PM me your Telegram ID for faster discussion. If you stay within KV, a physical meet up can be arranged. console.gif

QUOTE(empstar @ Jun 30 2018, 11:52 AM)
....Wall of TEXT....
A thousand apologies.. I merely wanted to ensure the story was understood as best as possible.. Also not to waste forum space with answering questions I can answer in the first post... notworthy.gif

QUOTE(widget @ Jun 30 2018, 11:57 AM)
Check your Geran Kereta.
If it show’s 2017 car, the SA lied to you.
If it shows’s 2018 car, you’re in the same boat as the TS
Yup..

QUOTE(Antzfield @ Jun 30 2018, 12:00 PM)
I specifically mentioned to SA i only take 2018 car and Geran, if i recall correctly, it is 2018  bangwall.gif will surely double confirm later. DAMN MAZDA!!!!!!
Same here.. We were very explicit as to what we wanted. They chose profits over brand reputation and customer loyalty. They be reaping the rewards.. For sure..

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 12:31 PM)
I don't get it though... how is there so many leftover 2017 CX5 stocks? I thought it's a pretty popular model and bookings are always full?
This.. Rationale that influenced us to accept the car. It's June 2018.. I've already confirmed from others that bought earlier.. they got 2018 cars. I simply trusted an SA that should not be trusted in the first place. Placed faith in a brand that doesn't care about the buyer.. Just sales, commissions and profits. However the lies may be. FYI, they still are.. See their Facebook page and the responses they gave me earlier. Thanks.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jun 30 2018, 02:07 PM
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 02:13 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(K1963 @ Jun 30 2018, 01:25 PM)
Long time ago there is one same case happen in Tan Chong motors, the person want to sue the company. The company settle out of court.
I've heard of a similar case. Unfortunately for Mazda, this could have been just one case and that's it. But now it is not. Plus they claimed that this is the first time such has ever happened to them.. To which I now reply...

user posted image

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jun 30 2018, 01:42 PM)
probably because of the gst discount promo sales went up the roof, so they contact others within the region to send them their unsold stock?
Quite possibly.. Though I strongly suspect it's a display cum slightly used for test drives vehicle that has been on their lot for awhile. Car built last year, dunno when they deliver it to Ampang branch. SA claims it was delivered just before June 1st, 2018.. As you say, this all speculation. They have their records.. They know exactly how the car was moved and used.
ReginaJune
post Jun 30 2018, 02:16 PM

Getting Started

I am too might be the same victim here as per OP having all the same issue as stated above. My RC registration/Insurance card showed car manufactured year in 2018 but my car VIN number is 2017. I booked the car on May and subsequently received my car this month.

I do believe my car is new, because when I collected my car, I checked thru all the car surface there were no scratches and tyre worn out, the interior cushions still got the plastic covered on it and the mileage on the car odometer was low (<50km), so I do believe my car was not a test drive unit car as used before, maybe it was just a brand new remaining stock cars left over from last year (2017).

For those who received your car this year 2018, please do check thru your VIN to validate it too, some further proof is to check your car seatbelt, dashboard, the will be tag which shows the year manufactured of 2017 as well.

However, since I have invested so much in the car, I really hope that I can talk to the Mazda dealer and resolved it amicably, I don't really wish to make a big fuss over it. sad.gif

This post has been edited by ReginaJune: Jun 30 2018, 02:24 PM
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 02:24 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(ReginaJune @ Jun 30 2018, 02:16 PM)
I am too might be the same victim here as per OP having all the same issue as stated above. My RC registration/Insurance card showed car manufactured year in 2018 but my car VIN number is 2017. I booked the car on May and subsequently received my car this month.

I do believe my car is new, because when I collected my car, I checked thru all the car surface there were no scratches and tyre worn out, the exterior cushions still got the plastic covered on it and the mileage on the car odometer was low (<50km), so I do believe my car was not a test drive unit car as used before, maybe it was just a brand new remaining stock cars left over from last year (2017).

For those who received your car this year 2018, please do check thru your VIN to validate it too, some further proof is to check your car seatbelt, dashboard, the will be tag which shows the year manufactured of 2017 as well.

However, since I have invested so much in the car, I really hope that I can talk to the Mazda dealer and resolved it amicably, I don't really wish to make a big fuss over it.  sad.gif
Hey.. I really wish I could tell you that resolving it amicably is a valid option. I wanted such in the first place.. But right now it is not. I approached Mazda Ampang and Glenmarie and politely requested a peaceful no fuss resolution. They pretty much responded that they don't care and asked that I go with the flow... I warned them again not to underestimate the repercussions of opening such a box by the case going public. Same response. So here we are.. My car, they've definitely confirmed its 2017 built. Another car has been confirmed by their internal records as 2017 too. So yep, they knew about this crap but didn't care.. Will involve Mazda Japan and cc other locations HQ as well for max exposure.

Edit: my mileage was over 60km.. Which i didn't mind then, cuz the SA claimed to have had someone drive the car over from another branch.. i figured.. It's okay lah.. But now? Not so much..

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jun 30 2018, 02:25 PM
ZeneticX
post Jun 30 2018, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ReginaJune @ Jun 30 2018, 02:16 PM)

I do believe my car is new, because when I collected my car, I checked thru all the car surface there were no scratches and tyre worn out, the interior cushions still got the plastic covered on it and the mileage on the car odometer was low (<50km), so I do believe my car was not a test drive unit car as used before, maybe it was just a brand new remaining stock cars left over from last year (2017).

However, since I have invested so much in the car, I really hope that I can talk to the Mazda dealer and resolved it amicably, I don't really wish to make a big fuss over it.  sad.gif
its quite normal to have other parts in the car which are manufactured from 2017 or even earlier. A car is made out of many components and these components came from different production line and they're usually ordered in bulk for storage in the final assembly factory so production can go on without interruption because of parts shortage

however the VIN itself should still show 2018 because that's like the birth certificate of the entire car
Ginny88
post Jun 30 2018, 02:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 30 2018, 02:24 PM)
Hey.. I really wish I could tell you that resolving it amicably is a valid option. I wanted such in the first place.. But right now it is not. I approached Mazda Ampang and Glenmarie and politely requested a peaceful no fuss resolution. They pretty much responded that they don't care and asked that I go with the flow... I warned them again not to underestimate the repercussions of opening such a box by the case going public. Same response. So here we are.. My car, they've definitely confirmed its 2017 built. Another car has been confirmed by their internal records as 2017 too. So yep, they knew about this crap but didn't care.. Will involve Mazda Japan and cc other locations HQ as well for max exposure.

Edit: my mileage was over 60km.. Which i didn't mind then, cuz the SA claimed to have had someone drive the car over from another branch.. i figured.. It's okay lah.. But now? Not so much..
Was the car cushions wrapped with plastic? Any scratches in the interior? If it wasn't a test car it could have been a showroom car which should be sold at a discount. Nowadays you can't really believe the odometer as these electronic odometers can easily be set to any value they want.

If they refuse to settle pay a law firm to send them a letter of demand and threaten legal action. It only cost a few hundred ringgit. That should get their attention.

This post has been edited by Ginny88: Jun 30 2018, 02:50 PM
Fat & Fluffy
post Jun 30 2018, 02:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ReginaJune @ Jun 30 2018, 04:16 PM)

mileage can be reset since they control the service centre...

but 1 year diff, specs the same... is this a big prob?

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 04:28 PM)
its quite normal to have other parts in the car which are manufactured from 2017 or even earlier. A car is made out of many components and these components came from different production line and they're usually ordered in bulk for storage in the final assembly factory so production can go on without interruption because of parts shortage

however the VIN itself should still show 2018 because that's like the birth certificate of the entire car
vin is whole car after assembly and fitness test or just chassis/engine?
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 03:01 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 02:28 PM)

Yeah.. I too can understand that it's impossible that all the parts be from 2018.. That's just absurd.. Even hand crafted vehicles also have to source certain batch parts and reuse or whatever. My gripe as you concluded. All the SA had to do is to accurately inform of the vehicle's history and offer the choice to accept or not. SA failed to do that. There will always be someone who doesn't mind saving a significant sum and doesn't mind buying the vehicle. Then they can write as 2017 made, reg 2018.. Easy & norm.

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Jun 30 2018, 02:47 PM)
Was the car cushions wrapped with plastic? Any scratches in the interior? If it wasn't a test car it could have been a showroom car which should be sold at a discount. Nowadays you can't really believe the odometer as these electronic odometers can easily be set to any value they want.
Should be able to believe official Mazda's odometer readings, etc on what is a brand new car. Personally, I do not believe it was tampered with as that's an even bigger risk they don't want to take. But hey, who knows.. Just speculating here. It's similar like if I wanted to buy a pre-reg or used BMW. I just bring the car to them and they can use their computers to check the history of the car and tell if all legit or not..
ReginaJune
post Jun 30 2018, 03:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jun 30 2018, 02:56 PM)
mileage can be reset since they control the service centre...

but 1 year diff, specs the same... is this a big prob?
not a big diff & prob, but then again when I went to the branch around April 2018 I actually told the SA, "Hey, was there still any car left from last year stock as I don't mind getting a late 2017 year car, if getting a 2017 year car can give me a huge price in discount then I am ok with it."

but the SA did tell me no more 2017 cars left, all 2017 cars already sold out and now all are new cars from 2018. I hope he didn't lie to me in this case genuinely. sad.gif
lkoky
post Jun 30 2018, 03:30 PM

On my way

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 12:31 PM)
That’s what i am puzzling too. CX5 supposed to be a hot selling model, long waiting list. How can so many old stock left over to be sell as new car
ZeneticX
post Jun 30 2018, 03:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Jun 30 2018, 02:56 PM)
vin is whole car after assembly and fitness test or just chassis/engine?
should be the chasis, whether its issued when the vehicle enter production or after the vehicle rolled off production I'm not sure

but TS is still getting a 2017 vehicle according to the VIN in June 2018, doesn't make sense. Even if the vehicle entered production during Dec 2017 lets say, doesn't take 5 - 6 whole months to assemble a car. This is not a bespoke product.

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Jun 30 2018, 03:32 PM
ZeneticX
post Jun 30 2018, 03:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ReginaJune @ Jun 30 2018, 03:20 PM)
not a big diff & prob, but then again when I went to the branch around April 2018 I actually told the SA, "Hey, was there still any car left from last year stock as I don't mind getting a late 2017 year car, if getting a 2017 year car can give me a huge price in discount then I am ok with it."

but the SA did tell me no more 2017 cars left, all 2017 cars already sold out and now all are new cars from 2018. I hope he didn't lie to me in this case genuinely.  sad.gif
that's horrible if its the case.... they outright scammed your money
TOMEI-R
post Jun 30 2018, 03:34 PM

Extraordinaire

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 30 2018, 03:01 PM)
Yeah.. I too can understand that it's impossible that all the parts be from 2018.. That's just absurd.. Even hand crafted vehicles also have to source certain batch parts and reuse or whatever. My gripe as you concluded. All the SA had to do is to accurately inform of the vehicle's history and offer the choice to accept or not. SA failed to do that. There will always be someone who doesn't mind saving a significant sum and doesn't mind buying the vehicle. Then they can write as 2017 made, reg 2018.. Easy & norm.
Should be able to believe official Mazda's odometer readings, etc on what is a brand new car. Personally, I do not believe it was tampered with as that's an even bigger risk they don't want to take. But hey, who knows.. Just speculating here. It's similar like if I wanted to buy a pre-reg or used BMW. I just bring the car to them and they can use their computers to check the history of the car and tell if all legit or not..
Ok. From someone who has been in the motor trade industry for around 20 years, I can tell you that what you are experiencing is the norm of the industry (though Im not condoning or agreeing to the actions of the manufacturer). It has been a known fact that when a car, manufactured a year before the registration date (like is TS's case, a 2017 car but registered in 2018), the manufacturer or dealer would have to give big discounts to car buyers for the 'loss of 1 year value' of the said vehicle. Until recently, if you noticed, there has been a slowdown or stop to this practise as the car manufacturers and their dealers have to absorb the cost of selling the cars at discount prices. When you enquire about a car during year end or early of the year, you will most likely get a response that the particular model has been sold out, and hence you have to wait for the new stocks which are coming in early of the year. So, why didnt this happen in the previous years? The manufacturer's plant cant stop production as this will affect the overall running and costs as well as stocks for the said model and they may have to wait until January to start production and it will take some time before the next batch rolls out.

So how do manufacturers work around this? Simple. They continue to produce and assemble cars in their plants even when its the year end. The CKD units are assembled and kept in their yard without going through customs declaration (where manufacturers have to administer the car and pay sales tax for the units). So when January comes, all their stocks are declared with Customs and their sales tax and duties paid, and the cars are rolled out as 2018 units. If they do so in December 2017, the cars will be considered 2017 models and they will have to sell it at discounted rates. So I can say almost all manufacturers have the same practise now, to save themselves from giving massive discounts for their last year stocks.

What you are buying now is indeed a 2017 model, just that it has been registered as a 2018 model. It is not that the car has been used or anyting, just that it has been sitting in their yard waiting for 2018 to come before being declared as a 2018 model.

This goes on as well for CBU units where the cars are kept at the docks/yards before being shipped over in January 2018, making it a 2018 model instead of a 2017 model.

To be frank with you TS, you wont stand to lose anyting as long as the Tahun dibuat on the registration card states 2018. You will still be able to sell your car as a 2018 model. But as mentioned, I cant blame you if you feel cheated.

This post has been edited by TOMEI-R: Jun 30 2018, 03:35 PM
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 03:40 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(lkoky @ Jun 30 2018, 03:30 PM)
That’s what i am puzzling too. CX5 supposed to be a hot selling model, long waiting list. How can so many old stock left over to be sell as new car
Extremely puzzling and I'm still waiting for their reply on that question too.

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 03:31 PM)
should be the chasis, whether its issued when the vehicle enter production or after the vehicle rolled off production I'm not sure

but TS is still getting a 2017 vehicle according to the VIN in June 2018, doesn't make sense. Even if the vehicle entered production during Dec 2017 lets say, doesn't take 5 - 6 whole months to assemble a car. This is not a bespoke product.
Precisely..If bespoke, they wouldn't dare make such a blunder.. Besides, as I and many have pointed out.. How do other buyers from as far back as January get cars with 2018 VINs, tags, engine number etc and those who bought in May and June get 2017 everything.. down to tires? doh.gif Technically in my case.. It could very well have been since January 2017.. So.. sweat.gif
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 03:54 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Jun 30 2018, 03:34 PM)
Ok. From someone who has been in the motor trade industry for around 20 years, I can tell you that what you are experiencing is the norm of the industry (though Im not condoning or agreeing to the actions of the manufacturer). It has been a known fact that when a car, manufactured a year before the registration date (like is TS's case, a 2017 car but registered in 2018), the manufacturer or dealer would have to give big discounts to car buyers for the 'loss of 1 year value' of the said vehicle. Until recently, if you noticed, there has been a slowdown or stop to this practise as the car manufacturers and their dealers have to absorb the cost of selling the cars at discount prices. When you enquire about a car during year end or early of the year, you will most likely get a response that the particular model has been sold out, and hence you have to wait for the new stocks which are coming in early of the year. So, why didnt this happen in the previous years? The manufacturer's plant cant stop production as this will affect the overall running and costs as well as stocks for the said model and they may have to wait until January to start production and it will take some time before the next batch rolls out.

So how do manufacturers work around this? Simple. They continue to produce and assemble cars in their plants even when its the year end. The CKD units are assembled and kept in their yard without going through customs declaration (where manufacturers have to administer the car and pay sales tax for the units). So when January comes, all their stocks are declared with Customs and their sales tax and duties paid, and the cars are rolled out as 2018 units. If they do so in December 2017, the cars will be considered 2017 models and they will have to sell it at discounted rates. So I can say almost all manufacturers have the same practise now, to save themselves from giving massive discounts for their last year stocks.

What you are buying now is indeed a 2017 model, just that it has been registered as a 2018 model. It is not that the car has been used or anyting, just that it has been sitting in their yard waiting for 2018 to come before being declared as a 2018 model.

This goes on as well for CBU units where the cars are kept at the docks/yards before being shipped over in January 2018, making it a 2018 model instead of a 2017 model.

To be frank with you TS, you wont stand to lose anyting as long as the Tahun dibuat on the registration card states 2018. You will still be able to sell your car as a 2018 model. But as mentioned, I cant blame you if you feel cheated.
I get what you are saying.. Heard it repeated a few times already. Thing is, just because something is "standard" doesn't make it legal, morally right or ethical. Bad stuff is bad stuff.. Crime is crime. I bet you that If i walked into a 7 eleven store right now to take bread worth RM3 and walk out.. Claiming that I haven't eaten since the day before. Do you think I wouldn't be criminally prosecuted? A slap on the wrist or low fine..That's best case scenario... Now the other scenario is that the public will be called and I'll immediately receive the beating of my life and be lucky if the cops come in time to save my life. What am I saying? Regardless of how the manufacturing companies want to spin these illegal practice, it does not justify it.. not one bit. I was clear from the very start that the SA must not give us what we do not want and still the SA went ahead. Follow RC, follow RC... RC is just that.. RC.. What if a couple years down the line, Malaysia adopts a VIN/Chasis first and only system? Means I rugi when it's Mazda who screwed up in the first place. How's that any fair to me the buyer.. We aren't talking about a RM20K vehicle here.. It's over RM160K... I know for some, its to little. I really do not care if since last year, they bubble wrapped and washed the car daily with meguir's or some other premium products.. Regardless, it's still one's sweat and hard-earned money. Mazda in wanting to save themselves money shafted their buyers instead. That..no matter how it's spun is wrong on any level.

Thanks for your time and well written explanation. notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jun 30 2018, 03:55 PM
ZeneticX
post Jun 30 2018, 03:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Jun 30 2018, 03:34 PM)

that actually made sense.... from a business point of view it's the logical step to make

but TS is getting a 2017 made vehicle in June 2018, does that make sense? I mean if that's the case there must've been lots of CX5 waiting in storage. So why the long waiting period for people who booked this model? This is supposed to be a highly sought after model not like some brands with ready stock lying around. And also as TS mention some people who booked at the same period or even earlier than him are getting 2018 made vehicles

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Jun 30 2018, 04:02 PM
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 04:02 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 30 2018, 03:56 PM)
that actually made sense.... from a business point of view it's the logical step to make

but TS is getting a 2017 made vehicle in June 2018, does that make sense? I mean if that's the case there must've been lots of CX5 waiting in storage. So why the long waiting period for people who booked this model? And also as TS mention some people who booked at the same period or even earlier than him are getting 2018 made vehicles
When I asked that question.. Their CS's response was that mine was a CBU unit specially from Japan.. Though angry, I loled.. Couldn't contain myself.. laugh.gif I then demanded where are the rest of my Japanese specs? Fella pretty much clammed up after that and started sounding confused.. Suddenly not so smart..

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0827sec    7.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th January 2019 - 04:53 PM