Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mazda Malaysia Sells 2017 Cars as 2018 Made Cars?, First time Mazda CX-5 Owner Experience

voncrane
post Jun 29 2018, 09:43 PM, updated 3 months ago

Noir et fier!
Group: Senior Member

TLDR... Mazda Malaysia sold a car that has markings of being built in 2017, but sold as made in 2018 car. I'm definitely not the first and many more are finding out the same and are pissed. This is a new Malaysia and Mazda Malaysia + other businesses must be held accountable for misinforming or withholding information to buyers. This all started from the dedicated CX-5 Owners Thread.

I just purchased a generation 2 Mazda CX-5 that was supposed to begin & complete build/manufacturing in 2018. Instead of the specific vehicle i asked for, Mazda Malaysia sold a clearly marked built in 2017 as a 2018 vehicle. Down to registration details in the RC, Insurance, Bank, etc. This is my story..I'll be as brief and precise as possible.

Vehicle was purchased from an SA at a Bermaz authorized seller in Kuala Lumpur. We met 2 years ago at the same branch and being the fella I am, I told him then.."If we ever decide to buy a Mazda vehicle, we will get it from him".. Yeah, I'm honorable like that. Unfortunately this fella isn't. We place our booking on the same day (late May) via credit card, he smiles cuz he's scored another sale with a sure buyer. We left the SC with the understanding that the next time we come, it's to make payment and wait for June 1st to reg the car, etc. Couple days later, he contacts saying the car in question is ready for viewing. We came to view the car and was shown a dirty car (probably done on purpose to mask as much visible defects as possible). We immediately became suspicious of the vehicle's age based on certain physical characteristics we could spot and its appearance compared to other vehicles that looks like they just arrived and were cleaner with protective white papers covering the glossy black parts on the exterior, beside the windows. We highlighted several issues to him and he says, that's okay.. he actually doesn't know if the car was built in 2017 or 2018. This was unusual, cuz I asked him "hey how can you tell us our car is here and now you say you have no idea of the car's real origins?" He responds (albeit guardedly now that I reminisce) "Oh, actually my colleague just messaged me yesterday to say the car has arrived late evening and sight unseen, I messaged you last night to come look at the car and make payment. but never-mind, give me a day or so, I'll verify again with "the other office/branch" to confirm it's origins. Cuz "the office" is closed now". I again told him (no joke face) to go re-verify and get back to us. Once again repeating the details of the car we are interested in. No compromises. Confirmed 2018 built or no deal. He gets back to me the next day saying, yes he's confirmed that not only is the car completely built in 2018, it also meets our other conditions.

Now, understand this guys.. This was June 3rd, 2018..a good 5 months into the year. This was Bermaz, a company that claims to be upstanding and sells premium cars and not some shady roadside dealer. This is a relatively expensive purchase from Mazda Malaysia. Anyone making such a purchase should not also have to worry about getting a car that was built at least 7 months ago. Especially when those who bought cars from as far back as February 2018, got actual built in 2018 vehicles and not some pseudo date crap. All this begs the question, where has this vehicle been since its completion and why wasn't it sold yet? Does it have certain defects and previous eagle-eyed buyers kept rejecting it? Has it been a display vehicle for showrooms and or event shows, etc? What, How, Why? It's June 2018 for crying out loud.

Now Mazda Malaysia/Bermaz came up with (albeit feebly) these responses on how the car is a 2018 vehicle.. The following reasons have been supplied by their various customer representatives....:
*This is the first time such has happened and we don't know how to deal with it yet. Let us investigate and it may take 3 working days.
*The car is specially built and imported from Japan, (aka CBU) that's why it has 2017 markings all over. (Seriously, I loled at this part).
*Follow what JPJ says on the RC.. (I have contacted JPJ independently on this matter and summarily it appears that they only go with whatever Mazda HQ supplies them. They do check that the engine numbers and plate numbers match.. but like nothing else. Too trusting of Mazda perhaps? I wouldn't know)
*We do not own the car, we are just selling on behalf of Ministry of Transport (MOT) and JPJ... (Seriously.. facepalm...no words)
*Just go with it, as long as your RC says 2018.. It's a 2018 vehicle and none would be the wiser. (Hellooooo, I the buyer is the wiser.. How can I have paid for a vehicle that makes me sad and feel good driving it around? What if later I want to sell my car and buyer thinks i'm defrauding him/her by showing falsified documents?.. We could be arrested and deal with criminal proceedings. I then have to prove that i didn't falsify the docs, not Mazda. What if it gets into an accident and Insurance refuses to honor claims and pay up? Who loses? Me not Mazda Malaysia.)
*I misunderstand and all the 2017 markings of the car points at its model year and not year of manufacture. (Yea right, how then have buyers since January being getting cars clearly marked and built this year and i and a few others got vehicles exactly as those who both theirs last year?.. They remain speechless.)
*Car was confirmed manufactured in November and it left the factory on January 1, 2018. A nationwide, nay, a worldwide public holiday.

This issue spans across at least 6 different Mazda branches/dealers. Even in East Malaysia and their HQ sales center at Glenmarie, Shah Alam too. I'll say here what I told them.. They should take responsibility for their customers and proper resolutions accorded. Vague explanations aren't enough. Once this is over, I sincerely hope that everyone learns from my experience. Thanks for taking the time to read through this. Dear mods, I humbly request that this be deleted upon request. The aim of this thread is to raise awareness of the issue and to prevent others from experiencing the same in future. Not to defame or cause harm to the company. Normally, I would not go this much if only they properly acknowledged the issue and apologized for the trouble. Thanks.

P.S... There are sufficient and easily verifiable evidence to support these claims. I'm refraining from posting here unless absolutely necessary.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jul 18 2018, 12:08 AM
voncrane
post Jun 29 2018, 09:43 PM

Noir et fier!

Saved for updates...1
voncrane
post Jun 29 2018, 09:44 PM

Noir et fier!

Saved for updates...2
scorgio
post Jun 29 2018, 10:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Please clarify are you buying a new car, a showroom unit or a test drive unit?
ZeneticX
post Jun 29 2018, 10:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jun 29 2018, 10:11 PM)
TS bought new CX-5 last month, told and insist to his SA that he want a 2018 manufactured car

but last week after checking VIN found out its a 2017 manufactured car

been following the story in CX-5 thread
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 12:08 AM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jun 29 2018, 10:11 PM)
Please read everything first before making comments... I know it's lengthy but it's to avoid questions such as yours.. Tq..
SIRRAH27
post Jun 30 2018, 12:14 AM

Group: Newbie

Legally would this count as misrepresentation? I know theres alot of criteria, but if you bought the car believing its a 2018 and they acknowledge it as a 2018, wouldnt that make it misrepresentation?
voncrane
post Jun 30 2018, 12:31 AM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(SIRRAH27 @ Jun 30 2018, 12:14 AM)
Legally would this count as misrepresentation? I know theres alot of criteria, but if you bought the car believing its a 2018 and they acknowledge it as a 2018, wouldnt that make it misrepresentation?
Legal Definition of misrepresentation by Merriam Webster.
: an intentionally or sometimes negligently false representation made verbally, by conduct, or sometimes by nondisclosure or concealment and often for the purpose of deceiving, defrauding, or causing another to rely on it detrimentally;

Another legal definition.
Fraudulent, negligent, or innocent misstatement, or an incomplete statement, of a material fact. If a specific misrepresentation induces the other party to enter into a contract, that party may have the legal right to rescind the contract or seek compensation for damages. The guilty party avail of the defense that the wronged party could have checked the facts and have discovered what was wrong.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jun 30 2018, 12:32 AM
Boy96
post Jun 30 2018, 01:42 AM

That's a tripod.

QUOTE(SIRRAH27 @ Jun 30 2018, 12:14 AM)
VIN states 2017,

Vehicle Registration Card says 2018

hazremi
post Jun 30 2018, 07:15 AM

1million people saved this avatar bcoz she's too cute!

So what Mazda says finally?
mt24
post Jun 30 2018, 08:35 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Do they finally compensate you with anything?
Knowing that they at losing side.
scorgio
post Jun 30 2018, 11:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jun 29 2018, 10:15 PM)
TS bought new CX-5 last month, told and insist to his SA that he want a 2018 manufactured car

but last week after checking VIN found out its a 2017 manufactured car

been following the story in CX-5 thread
I was a bit confused. If it's a new car but was shown in a dirty state, didn't suspect anything in the 1st place?

Anyhow, I can confirm that JPJ just believe in the documentation submitted during registration without independent verification.

I once bought a 2005 model, but year of manufacture on the geran is 2002.
ProSambalEater
post Jun 30 2018, 11:23 AM

im not sure how it impacts overall performance for a car built in 2017 or 2018, but misrepresentations from mazda is definitely despicable.

Any more updates from mazda? or it's already closed case?
ZeneticX
post Jun 30 2018, 11:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(scorgio @ Jun 30 2018, 11:18 AM)
I was a bit confused. If it's a new car but was shown in a dirty state, didn't suspect anything in the 1st place?

Anyhow, I can confirm that JPJ just believe in the documentation submitted during registration without independent verification.

I once bought a 2005 model, but year of manufacture on the geran is 2002.
In TS case, the car from outlook is exactly like new, not dirty or worn out enough to be suspicious.

It's only after TS checked the VIN only he found the car was a 2017 vehicle. It might be a display unit or some leftover stock who knows...
Antzfield
post Jun 30 2018, 11:50 AM

Casual

Bloody hell!! i checked mine that i bought in Feb 2018, was told it is 2018 car. The VIN show 2017 mad.gif

What can i do?

empstar
post Jun 30 2018, 11:52 AM

Group: Newbie

....Wall of TEXT....
widget
post Jun 30 2018, 11:57 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Antzfield @ Jun 30 2018, 11:50 AM)
Bloody hell!! i checked mine that i bought in Feb 2018, was told it is 2018 car. The VIN show 2017  mad.gif

What can i do?
Check your Geran Kereta.
If it show’s 2017 car, the SA lied to you.
If it shows’s 2018 car, you’re in the same boat as the TS
Antzfield
post Jun 30 2018, 12:00 PM

Casual

QUOTE(widget @ Jun 30 2018, 11:57 AM)
Check your Geran Kereta.
If it show’s 2017 car, the SA lied to you.
If it shows’s 2018 car, you’re in the same boat as the TS
I specifically mentioned to SA i only take 2018 car and Geran, if i recall correctly, it is 2018 bangwall.gif will surely double confirm later. DAMN MAZDA!!!!!!
ZeneticX
post Jun 30 2018, 12:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I don't get it though... how is there so many leftover 2017 CX5 stocks? I thought it's a pretty popular model and bookings are always full?
dauf87
post Jun 30 2018, 12:37 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Antzfield @ Jun 30 2018, 11:50 AM)
Bloody hell!! i checked mine that i bought in Feb 2018, was told it is 2018 car. The VIN show 2017  mad.gif

What can i do?
From where did you bought the car? Any specific branch that you can tell us..

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0820sec    4.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd March 2019 - 02:21 AM